Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carjacking at Lidl Ballyowen

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Poor woman, various reports floating around about the man trying to steal her handbag and getting dragged and run over.

Woman Treated After Lucan Carjacking

Posted by Glenn Dowd

Gardaí and emergency services have treated a woman in Lucan after she was a victim of a carjacking at a busy shopping centre.

The woman was thrown from her vehicle by a male suspect at approximately 5.30 pm this evening as she left the Lidl complex at Ballyowen Shopping Centre.

A number of people from nearby cars approached the victim, who was reportedly struck as the suspect fled the scene. The victim was barely moving during treatment and appears to be of foreign descent. She has since been taken to hospital.

The search for the perpetrator remains ongoing. Locals have reported a car on fire in the vicinity of the shopping centre but Gardaí are refusing to confirm whether it is the stolen vehicle or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

That's shocking, especially at 5:30pm.

A little bit more details here

Independent Link

Although the Indo link says they just tried to rob her handbag, no mention of car jacking.

But those f*ckers must've been desperate for cash to be so brazen in a busy shopping area with Ronanstown Garda station only a few minutes away.

Sometimes a handbag just isn't worth fighting for, assuming she didn't get her clothing trapped in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This happened to my mother 20 years ago when she was pushing my younger brother in his pram back home from the shops.

Pricks rolled up in a car beside her asked her something then grabbed the handbag, she wouldnt let go so they reefed it off her and knocked her over.

Woman with a child. Pure Big Men they were. I can only live in hope that they died shortly afterwards in a horrific car accident scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Not the most clever of scumbags either... Lidl shoppers aren't exactly flush with cash.

Maybe it was opportunistic and they were in Lidl/Eurospar beforehand.
    Might be CC tv footage of them from the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Hope she's ok.. I'd say the kid didn't have a clue what was happening..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I have started keeping less and less money in my wallet nowadays. Aint worth the risk

• Advertisement
Advertisement