Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Nenagh?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all.

Just trying to organise a stag and looking at Nenagh for one of the nights out. Just wondering does anybody know if its a good night, would it be busy on a Saturday night and what pubs would be a good laugh. Also I see there is one nightclub in the town and was wondering would it be any good?

Thanks very much for any help. Very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Rocky's (O'Sullivan) on Kickham Street (just down from the Courthouse) would probably be the best for a stag, the Hibernian would be my second choice. How many of you will there be?

The night club is Maximus but I'll let the young uns comment on that establishment !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simplies

Thanks very much for reply jprboy.

Would it be busy on a normal Saturday night? there would be around 15 of us mostly late 20's age range.

If anyone could provide info on the night club I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

+1 to the post from jprboy

Start with a great meal in the Hi-B (Hibernian Inn), go up the road to Rockys and you can head down Kenyon St to the nightclub later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

simplies wrote: »
    Thanks very much for reply jprboy.

Would it be busy on a normal Saturday night? there would be around 15 of us mostly late 20's age range.

If anyone could provide info on the night club I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

You're welcome.

I've heard that Rocky's is not nearly as busy as it used to be on a Sat night. I remember a time when you literally had to squeeze your way through the throngs in there. There's always a chance that some local event or other stag/hen could coincide with the night you'll be there which could make a difference. In any event if there's 15 of you I'm sure you'll make your own fun !

As for Maximus, no idea how busy that it is these days but seeing as it's the only night club, should have a decent crowd (+ 15 !)

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

jprboy wrote: »
    I've heard that Rocky's is not nearly as busy as it used to be on a Sat night. I remember a time when you literally had to squeeze your way through the throngs in there.

When Procter & Gamble staff get overtime money then Rocky's gets busy ;)
    Seemed like half of P&G used to drink in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Had to post to advise you OP, dont go to rockys bar whatever you do! Place is one of the quietest and dullest pubs in nenagh these days... even on a saturday night! It used to be the place to go in nenagh, the owner is a gas character but it does no business anymore. Loads of other pubs that would be way better in town, starting in summerhill with una powells - excellent pints, always showing GAA, rugby or golf and very busy on a saturday night. Or at the other end of town is Philly Ryans, live music every saturday night, woth some excellent bands and a large outdoor area. Paddy rohans in the centre of town is a real old style public house, steeped in GAA, wouldnt be too lively music wise but would be ideal for a few early pints. The kenyon bar and the talbot bar will both have live music on a saturday night, should both be busy after ten o clock and both are within metres of the nightclub.... which is always busy on saturdays... especially in the summer months. If you want any questions answered about accomodation or activities send me a PM....

Advertisement