Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 9.5: Beervolution tournament. 13th July Tolka bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Voa wrote: »
    Our running order will be:
    SF4
    MvC3
    IGAU
    Smash.

I respect Voa's decision in these matters and am happy to have him as a TO.
    Voa for President!
    Also, for smash, it will be whatever Prinny decides to bring. (I vote for Brawl. Ike's my boy. Roy just doesn't cut it.)

I hate Voa. He should never post on forums again or have an opinion as a human.
    Voa for public stoning!

.............. Anyway, I assume one set-up will suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I hate Voa. He should never post on forums again or have an opinion as a human.
    Voa for public stoning!

.............. Anyway, I assume one set-up will suffice?

If it doesn't, I can provide a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Melee it is then :P (Ike's still my boy)

Depending on how Prinny wants to run the tournaments, we might be okay with just the one setup. A backup would always be useful though :D

If it doesn't, I can provide a second.

I'll contact you this evening after I've done inventory, but I think all I would require for a second set-up is:
    • a working melee disc
    • more controllers (iirc I have four)
    Melee it is then :P (Ike's still my boy)

Depending on how Prinny wants to run the tournaments, we might be okay with just the one setup. A backup would always be useful though :D

Melee teams with team damage on is what we agreed on.

I'll think about some fun rules to run it under since we don't have any real competitive players (I'm just a big fan), so we can go a bit more nuts with stages and items than one would usually see in a tournament setting.

The main aim after all is that it's fun.

I'll contact you this evening after I've done inventory, but I think all I would require for a second set-up is:
    • a working melee disc
    • more controllers (iirc I have four)
    Do that.

I have a working disc and three working controllers (one original, one official WaveBird, one GAME brand). I have a fourth, but the stick's ****ed. I also have a GameCube and a Wii if we're desperate.

I'll need to check if I still have a full-unlocked save on one of my memory cards, but if not, we can just copy yours over on the day.

Melee teams with team damage on is what we agreed on.

I'll think about some fun rules to run it under since we don't have any real competitive players (I'm just a big fan), so we can go a bit more nuts with stages and items than one would usually see in a tournament setting.

The main aim after all is that it's fun.

In all honesty, we'll probably have time to run singles/doubles/battle royale/whatever else as well, be it for realsies or for funsies.

• Advertisement

I'll need to check if I still have a full-unlocked save on one of my memory cards, but if not, we can just copy yours over on the day.

No need for the save. Safest thing to do is load the same save off the one memory card. I used to do this across 10+ machines.
    In all honesty, we'll probably have time to run singles/doubles/battle royale/whatever else as well, be it for realsies or for funsies.

Time and the efficient running of it is more the domain of the TO and how the day goes, we can't really make that call.

But two smash set-ups can service a hell of a lot of peopel, so at the very least anyone who wants to play funsies or realsies can do so with almost no wait time.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

#freebrawl

I can bring some GC controllers and a Melee disc for the second setup. Let me know if you need a gamecube. Or a wii, since we'd all clearly rather play Brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have a GC controller I can bring and a PS2 converter if anyone wants to use a PS2 pad instead. You'll need to bring the PS2 pad yourself.

Lythero wrote: »
    #freebrawl

I can bring some GC controllers and a Melee disc for the second setup. Let me know if you need a gamecube. Or a wii, since we'd all clearly rather play Brawl.

I can bring two Wiis and the associated wires, it's just the controllers and disc I think I need.

Any Brawl discs at the venue will be viewed as a form of domestic terrorism and punishable by tarring and feathering.
    I have a GC controller I can bring and a PS2 converter if anyone wants to use a PS2 pad instead. You'll need to bring the PS2 pad yourself.

That sounds pretty awesome actually. I've never thought to play Smash with a dual shock. Please bring those.

I'll bring 3 official Gamecube controllers, 2 Brawl discs and a Melee disc. Mikenyan only needs to bring one controller and we'll have 2 full setups for whatever smash game we end up playing.

Don't forget to bring a wiimote so we can start up the games in the first place.

• Advertisement

I'll bring 3 official Gamecube controllers, 2 Brawl discs and a Melee disc. Mikenyan only needs to bring one controller and we'll have 2 full setups for whatever smash game we end up playing.

Don't forget to bring a wiimote so we can start up the games in the first place.

Love that you're going to so much effort when I only live down the road from the place. =P

Love that you're going to so much effort when I only live down the road from the place. =P

Doesn't matter, I'll be riding in style.

glg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Is there an end time on this? Or is just pub closing.

I'm hoping to get in for a few drinks but it will probably 8 or 9 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Until pub closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I've actually never even held a GC controller before. Hey, who wants to be in my team?

(I've googled the truth; I'll pick the yellow pokemon and spam up attack if I can find him/her/it on character select).

Kanped wrote: »
    I've actually never even held a GC controller before. Hey, who wants to be in my team?

You can be on mine

SOLD

Awesome.

Since you have never played before, and plan on only doing Pikachu spam, you sound MORE than qualified to solo Lythero's team by yourself.

I'll stand off the side and taunt continuously.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok people!

Due to some insanely kind assistance from messers Nutrient and Lythero, I will 99% be able to allow the players to use headphones.

The catch is that I need people to volunteer 2 headsets for the day with volume control (I can supply the power for the headsets, and I have another big and very cool purchase for the FG scene to worry about that means I can't afford 2 new spanking sets).

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

anyone heading to the venue from XGC? need someone to show me how to get there because i have a feeling i will get lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Am sure voa posted up a map and directions to the place

The catch is that I need people to volunteer 2 headsets for the day with volume control (I can supply the power for the headsets, and I have another big and very cool purchase for the FG scene to worry about that means I can't afford 2 new spanking sets).

What kind of headsets? USB, Xbox 360, mini-jack?

hmmmmm.

Edit: Was on the fence about getting a tritton headset ever since Cannes. Was going to get a pair for tomorrow cause you asked, but just realised it's the 12th of July and any ventures to the nearest Argos wouldn't go very smoothly. >:L

hmmmmm.

Edit: Was on the fence about getting a tritton headset ever since Cannes. Was going to get a pair for tomorrow cause you asked, but just realised it's the 12th of July and any ventures to the nearest Argos wouldn't go very smoothly. >:L

Lol, I draw the line at people endangering themselves for FGs :D
    What kind of headsets? USB, Xbox 360, mini-jack?

Just your bog standard 3.5mm. It HAS to have an audio control on it though.

Headsets, with mics or headphones?

Headsets, with mics or headphones?

Just headphones.

Hmm. Can I ask how you're doing it and what desk you're using? There should be a few different ways of setting up the audio to get game sound but not commentary going to the players and both going to the audio interface. Just in case there's another way of doing it if we can't get the headsets (I only have a USB one with a very short cable).

EDIT: Just headphones? There's definitely another way to do it I can help with, then that won't require volume controls.

Hmm. Can I ask how you're doing it and what desk you're using? There should be a few different ways of setting up the audio to get game sound but not commentary going to the players and both going to the audio interface. Just in case there's another way of doing it if we can't get the headsets (I only have a USB one with a very short cable).

EDIT: Just headphones? There's definitely another way to do it I can help with, then that won't require volume controls.

It's nothing to do with a desk, I'm using an audio splitter with the RCA cables from the console. The game sound for recording is via HDMI.

I need the audio outs on my desk for me :) (xsplit makes audio monitoring kinda difficult).

The desk doesn't have any aux outs, no? Like an FX send and return or anything?

Well, I have a headphone amp with 4 channels, so if you can get the game sound to go through a 1/4" jack, we can control the volume that way but it's pretty bulky and I need it for gigs i.e. if anything happens to it, I'm f**ked. I also have a DI box with a volume control, though so we could run it through that if you can split a 1/4" jack with a female to 2x female connector. I don't have one...

Alternatively, bring headphones with a volume control, folks.

• Advertisement

I'll bring a set of headphones, with their own audio controls and a 3m cable.

Advertisement