Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 9.5: Beervolution tournament. 13th July Tolka bar

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kanped wrote: »
    The desk doesn't have any aux outs, no? Like an FX send and return or anything?

Well, I have a headphone amp with 4 channels, so if you can get the game sound to go through a 1/4" jack, we can control the volume that way but it's pretty bulky and I need it for gigs i.e. if anything happens to it, I'm f**ked. I also have a DI box with a volume control, though so we could run it through that if you can split a 1/4" jack with a female to 2x female connector. I don't have one...

Alternatively, bring headphones with a volume control, folks.

The desk does. However, I will be using one of the aux outs as the monitor output rather stupidly has seperate volume levels to the desks output that means you might have a completely different sound if you're not paying attention.

Another issue being I will probably not be right beside the console where we'll need the headsets.

And yeah, I'll just use my powered splitter. It's way easier and leaves the volume control in the hands of the players (that's important).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Stop saying headsets if you mean headphones. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I *think* there should still be a way to put it through the desk but as you say, even that may not be ideal because of where the desk needs to be.

For future events, it may be worth getting a couple of these things, then anyone can use any headphones (Eileen or Kiki could probably knock up a couple pretty easily from parts; AFAIK it's just a variable resistor and 1 male, 1 female minijack sockets);

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Volume-Control-Cable-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000TLUUAU

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Stop saying headsets if you mean headphones. :pac:

NEVAR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Not many headphones have volume control.

It's more likely headsets will have them. It's just that a mic isn't necessary for the setup to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    Not many headphones have volume control.

It's more likely headsets will have them. It's just that a mic isn't necessary for the setup to work.

Headsets with Volume control can de-activate the mic and use 'em just like headphones.

Nutrient wrote: »
    Headsets with Volume control can de-activate the mic and use 'em just like headphones.

You better not screw up in Smash Bros tomorrow.

Otherwise you're sleeping on the couch.

Yeah just to clarify Head* is fine long as it's got a 3.5mm jack and a volume control...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

can someone please post full tolka bar address...

ladnopoka wrote: »

Shelbourne Football Club - TOLKA PARK‎
    Richmond Rd
    Drumcondra, Dublin, Ireland
    +353 1 837 5536

Here's a map showing how close it is to the XGC

If you get a taxi there, just say "Tolka Park". The bar is in the same place as the sportsfield.

• Advertisement

ladnopoka wrote: »

c3616a2fb35b2e9dcd7e9bf69427cce2.png

Lythero wrote: »
    [/URL]

If you get a taxi there, just say "Tolka Park". The bar is in the same place as the sportsfield.

Mans mourning €3 for a week

Idt a taxi is an option :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

thank you <3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can someone please bring a small usb hub if they have one. PS3 only has two usb ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Can someone please bring a small usb hub if they have one. PS3 only has two usb ports.

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Great day!

Thanks to VOA as always for the organising.

Also Doom and Chopper for the recording/gear lugging.

I haven't played Melee in so long, it brings back so many good memories. Thanks everyone for participating in the tournament. It was great to see people who had never played it enjoying themselves.

Special shout-out to Mike, without whom there would be been NO casuals set-up.

Also the legendary Kanped the Pikachu beast for carrying me in Melee teams.

You mean killing you in Melee teams? :p

Great night as always and big thanks to everyone involved.

Really glad to finally get to play Ladno; didn't disappoint. Great player. Sorry I didn't get to play Chopper or Doom (it's been 3 years, I think?) but there's always casuals and next time. Dark Talent owns my soul; I need to work something out for that. ATM I feel like I couldn't beat him in tournament. His mixups and 50 50s are just too strong.

Marvel went surprisingly well for me, I thought.

Double post due to poor android interface.

Anyway; Marvel went well. Lost to Talent again and I think Doyler? Not sure. Know the guy but can't think of his name. Still had a nice run in it, though. I think I'll keep working at it and see how it goes in the next event.

Melee was a great choice and a lot of fun. I'm still not sure of what was going on or if I did in any way well (Uber seems too nice a guy to flat out tell me I cost him the event) but had a really great time with it and have discovered that the GC controller is awesome.

Sausages in the final.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Thanks for a great day, lads, thrilled that it went so well. I don't think I've seen people having more fun at a tournament than was had with Smash - ridiculous hype!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Anyway; Marvel went well. Lost to Talent again and I think Doyler? Not sure. Know the guy but can't think of his name.

I wasnt there. Prob one of my many imitators.

Guessing ladno won ae? Doom second?

Wow. you must be psychic. That's exactly right.

Talant third and me fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'm still holding on to the last of the prize money:
    Boorke and Zac are owed 30 quid between themselves,
    Chopper and Mike are owed 15 quid between themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If I owe any money (i popped by but didnt enter tournies) I'll chuck ye some next day i'm around to the community fund.

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PentiKo

Hey Voa - This is Zac (Made a new account cause I disliked my old name 'strawberry ore'). I forgot to pay my 10euro on the day so please take my share from that and just add the other 5euro into the prizepool or towards future tournies. In regards to Bourke he can speak for himself on his share :)

Once again shoutout to Doom and the other lads responsible for recording and thanks to all the lads for hosting the tournie.

Anyone who is interested in a friendly smash tournament this Friday send me a PM or join this group on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397757767105208/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

PentiKo wrote: »
    Hey Voa - This is Zac (Made a new account cause I disliked my old name 'strawberry ore'). I forgot to pay my 10euro on the day so please take my share from that and just add the other 5euro into the prizepool or towards future tournies. In regards to Bourke he can speak for himself on his share :)

Once again shoutout to Doom and the other lads responsible for recording and thanks to all the lads for hosting the tournie.

Anyone who is interested in a friendly smash tournament this Friday send me a PM or join this group on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1397757767105208/

I'm fairly certain I got a fiver off you (1 game went down from 7 quid to 5, for simplicity sake), but if you're sure, I'll put your 15 towards the community pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PentiKo

Yeah no worries! *Cough* incorporate Smash into future tournies! :)

PentiKo wrote: »
    *Cough* incorporate Smash into future tournies! :)

*Cough* we'll think about it

I'll gladly take the amount and add to the hol...CP fund:pac:

Anyway; Marvel went well. Lost to Talent again and I think Doyler? Not sure. Know the guy but can't think of his name.

...........I didn't even use Captain America

• Advertisement

For clarity's sake, it was Naphiel

Advertisement