Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used 2011 Seat Exeo

• 20-06-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I know many threads exist on the Seat Exeo but just wanted to get peoples opinions on a potential purchase I was thinking of doing.

I was going to buy a 2011 Seat Exeo Reference 2.0 TDI CR (120HP) from a Seat dealer in Dublin for €15K. It has about 44K miles on it. The spec seems very good for the money and I think the cars looks are ok.

Any owners thoughts or things I should be thinking about? Good idea or bad idea?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its an pre 08 model A4 with newer engines and slightly awkward styling. Nothing wrong with it at all imo but maybe a 09 or 10 A4 would be a better bet re holding some of its value and being a more up to date car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Legroom very cramped for back seat passengers, certainly uncomfortably smaller than an A4. Nice enough otherwise.

(disclaimer: not an owner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Had one on hire a few weeks back. Very nice car to drive and as stated above is really a rebadged audi a4 so has the usual refinements. I usually drive a passat and to be honest I didn't feel much difference inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Razorfish

Had my last car for the last 10 years, VW Mark IV Golf TDI, so thinking of the Exeo as a long term replacement again, not really thinking of future value.

Agree with the legroom comment, had thought about it when viewing, it is a downside. Would never in a million years have thought of going for a Seat Exeo until shown one by a colleague last week.

Is €15k about right for it from a main Seat dealer? Presumably performance and reliability is fine for these considering they're based on Audi/VW tech.

Advertisement