Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo At The Mallow Garden Show - Anyone going?

• 21-06-2013 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

We'll be there as usual. Deciding whether to go tonight or tomorrow, depending on the weather! :pac:

Need some plants and we like a nosey at the Expo. Much smaller than the Dublin one, but still nice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Last year it was run by the same people that do the Pet Expo but this year they are not running it. Its another group.

Not sure if it will make any difference. The group I am associate with was there last year but wont be there this year due to a clash of dates. I havent personally been at the event in ages. Last time I was there it was just a garden show and I didnt think it was great but as I say that was years ago. Might pop over on Sunday for a nosey if the weather is reasonable.

Will be interested to hear what you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

I'm doing photos for the Petshow tomorrow - looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Last years, I thought, was a bit of a miserable affair - it was raining which didn't help, on the day I was there, and then everything in the ring was running late and htere was a lot of just hanging around with nothing to do.

This year they seem to have much more stalls lined up - as well as the dog shows for pet owners, agility displays, pug appreciation, etc!

Fingers crossed it's not too wet!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Might be disappointed then! :D Forecast is rain...

^ I know, but hopefully it'll just be pissing rain rather than lashing from the heavens like :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Heading myself on the Sunday - if the rain stays away an excellent day marvelling at Gardens that are serveral magnitudes beyond my skill level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Had intended to go tomorrow but have volunteered to foster a little abandoned JRT and he is arriving tomorrow too so I reckon I will be showing my support for one of the rescues with a stall there in a behind the scenes way now.

^ are you with HART? They had a gorgeous little JRT pup there today, rescued from a ditch :(

Was a lovely day over all ; it only rained a couple times and it was real light rain which was absolutely grand!

Fingers crossed now for tomorrow as well!

We were there. TBH, the Pet Expo was a little disappointing. Not many stalls there at all and there was a pony at the petting farm that was in a TINY pen.

But we loved seeing all the dogs walking round. Lots of super pugs from the Pug Appreciation Society. Dog had a great time making new doggy friends. And we saw the most adorable Lab/Dalmatian mix puppies from a litter of 10 which have been put up for adoption. I SO wanted to take them all home!!

We were there. TBH, the Pet Expo was a little disappointing. Not many stalls there at all and there was a pony at the petting farm that was in a TINY pen.

But we loved seeing all the dogs walking round. Lots of super pugs from the Pug Appreciation Society. Dog had a great time making new doggy friends. And we saw the most adorable Lab/Dalmatian mix puppies from a litter of 10 which have been put up for adoption. I SO wanted to take them all home!!

It's not the Pet Expo any more though. It's now just the Pet Show ; totally different people running it, and not in conjunction with Pet Expo at all :)

The pugs were amazing!

Who / which dog did you have? (I'm just editing photos at the moment, can check if I have any of yours :) )

My dog wasn't in any of the shows. I don't think I could take the rejection if he didn't win a prize and would be looking to punch someone's lights out!! :D

We have a Shih Tzu. You might've seen him marching round in his red raincoat looking :cool:.

• Advertisement

My dog wasn't in any of the shows. I don't think I could take the rejection if he didn't win a prize and would be looking to punch someone's lights out!! :D

We have a Shih Tzu. You might've seen him marching round in his red raincoat looking :cool:.

LOL!

I think the only Shih Tzu I have is the one in dungarees who came second (I think) in one of the shows, but I still have about 120 photos to get through. If I spent most of the day running between dogshow - pug parade - dogshow - pug parade though so perhaps not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Who / which dog did you have? (I'm just editing photos at the moment, can check if I have any of yours :) )
    Could you check if you have any of mine, please? Was there yesterday with my OH and two Australian cattle dogs.

^yup look at www.facebook.com/Symphoto

You had Bundy and I didnt catch the red acds name but theres a few of them 😀

AWWW :D Thanks, beautiful pictures you took, all of them. Can I share them on my FB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

^ are you with HART? They had a gorgeous little JRT pup there today, rescued from a ditch :(

Was a lovely day over all ; it only rained a couple times and it was real light rain which was absolutely grand!

Fingers crossed now for tomorrow as well!

The little fella is coming from them - he was found wandering around Curraheen industrial estate.

ACD wrote: »
    AWWW :D Thanks, beautiful pictures you took, all of them. Can I share them on my FB?

Yup sure can!

if you PM me on the page i linked to, I can arrange to send you the full size files, if you'd like to get any printed :)

There's no cost, I just request a donation of your choice to one of three animal charities :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

ACD wrote: »

Aww, cool pics of Ami and Bandy, they're both looking great! And, I see, have taken up agility too! Lovely pics!

@fataltragedy - thanks, I'll pick some tomorrow

@DBB - yeah, it was great fun, especially when Bandy dismantled one of the obstacles by going over it in his usual "tank" way :D

Advertisement