Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition To The Next-Gen

Options
  • 21-06-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

So, for those of you who currently own a PS3 or 360 and are planning on being an early adopter of the next-gen PS4 or Xbox One, how do you feel about the game being released on PS3/360 on September 27th, and then most likely less than 5/6 weeks later on a much more powerful system, and potentially a totally different game.

Are you going to get the earliest one available ie. PS3/360?
    Are you going to wait it out and face the torture of seeing your friends list on FIFA 14?
    Are you going to get both?

I myself am not sure, I WILL be playing the next-gen FIFA as soon as possible, but I don't want to buy both. I'm gonna hope I can buy the 360 version and trade it in when I make my new console choice and grab FIFA for it.

Which version of FIFA 14 will you be buying? 29 votes

Xbox 360/Playstation 3
    0% 0 votes
    Xbox One/Playstation 4
    27% 8 votes
    Both
    72% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Poll added.

I'm going to wait for next gen and get it for PS4

GTA should get me through September and October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Will likely put off buying Fifa this year on PS3 especially as its more than likely only going to be a beta Fifa 13.5. I doubt Il be purchasing the PS4 until Summer 2014 at the earliest so hopefully Il pick up either Fifa or maybe Pro Evo :eek: fairly cheap then

I'm going to wait for next gen and get it for PS4

GTA should get me through September and October :D

Yeah I'm counting on GTA big time. Also mates who wont be getting a new console getting it and allowing me to come over to beat them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

I'll probably just wait for Next Gen. It's between GTA V and Fifa 14 and I think I'll go for GTA.

• Advertisement

What are you getting Mikey - Xbone or PS4?

What are you getting Mikey - Xbone or PS4?

I really don't know yet. I personally prefer Xbox One exclusives (basically gimme Forza 5) but I like the PS4 as a console more and it's €100 cheaper. At the moment I'm about 70/30 PS4 but I'll most likely make a decision in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Xbox One and PS4 versions will be identical to the current gen ones maybe just a little bit prettier, happened with the last generation for the first few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

3 people said it so far, but I'll man up and admit I will probably get both. I have a problem..

Whats the view now after nearly a month of Fifa on current gen?

Well I ended up getting Fifa for the 360 but I wasn't a fan to be honest. I sold it on adverts last week.

I have the Day one edition of the xbox pre ordered (with Fifa) and a PS4 pre ordered. Ill make a decision closer to the date and give the pre order I'm not using to my brother.

I'm kind of leaning towards the One now though cause its comes with Fifa (which I hope is a big improvement over 14 on current gen but I'm not holding my breath). A plus as well is that I would be able to carry over all my UT stuff from the 360 (I didn't sell off my team before selling fifa on adverts). Don't want to lose my UT founder status either :P

So what are people thinking at this stage with next gen a month away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Normally buy FIFA for the Xbox (FUT Founder), but when with FIFA 14 for PS3 (never played FIFA on the PS3 before)
    so I can carry my Ultimate team over to the PS4. Hopefully FIFA 14 on next gen will be lag free.

Pity that for Ultimate Team you couldn't switch from Xbox360 to PS4. I'm sure I'm not the only one who preferred the 360 and is now jumping to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xbox One and PS4 versions will be identical to the current gen ones maybe just a little bit prettier, happened with the last generation for the first few games.

It's a new engine, so there will be a good few differences. Now, they may just copy paste the current controls which would be a shame but it won't be identical by any means. They've already talked about how the extra memory has enabled them to add a lot.

I had trade in credit at Xtravision so decided to get the 360 version of FIFA 14, and after playing it a decent amount in the first 2 weeks, I haven't played it since. Not once. I feel no urge to play FIFA.

I'm still completely undecided as to which next gen console I get, which ever one it is I will be waiting until Xmas. I had said I would get a PS4 because its €100 cheaper, PS Plus seems a far better deal and initially it seemed the better console, but lately I'm not so sure. I've got a 9 year Gamertag on Xbox Live, and as silly as it sounds, I don't want to lose that. I've built up a decent friends list and to be honest, I just prefer the Xbox UI and design in general.

Honestly I just hope some of my mates make the plunge in November and I get to have a good play of both consoles before I buy my own, but I definitely will be getting FIFA with it as I'm curious to see how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FIFA 14 (next-gen) feels much more fluid, but most importantly I found it more fun. Players don't seem like they're running through treacle, I wasn't getting any input lag (like I found in current gen), and little things like multiple players competing for headers actually adds to the overall gameplay and spectacle. The guy I was playing was fond of the lobbed through ball, but I didn't struggle with it at any time (though I do know that the online players can be a different kettle of fish).

If you're interested, I've many more words here: http://clickonline.com/games/preview--fifa-14-(gen-4)/20706/

(and I also asked the producer about the possibility of complacency when PES 2014 won't be on next-gen consoles - http://clickonline.com/games/interview--nick-channon-(fifa-14-gen-4)/20707/ :D )

🤪

Advertisement