Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm

Options
  • 21-06-2013 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Dear Sir/Madame,

I have an error on my alarm. On several occasions over the last month or so when I activate the alarm it gives me an error (BACK DOOR OPEN).

I verify that both the back door and the patio door are closed and locked and when I try to activate the alarm it gives back the same alarm.

It allows me to bypass the alarm and activate the house alarm.

Can you contact me by e-mail as to some resolution to the problem

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Barracuda1,

I'm afraid we don't deal with the alarms/phonewatch through this channel. To contact them dial 1850 500 900 they will be able to help you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Barracuda1

Thanks tracey I have contacted them to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Barracuda1 wrote: »
    Thanks tracey I have contacted them to assist.
    Thanks Barracuda1

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

Barracuda1 wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madame,

I have an error on my alarm. On several occasions over the last month or so when I activate the alarm it gives me an error (BACK DOOR OPEN).

I verify that both the back door and the patio door are closed and locked and when I try to activate the alarm it gives back the same alarm.

It allows me to bypass the alarm and activate the house alarm.

Can you contact me by e-mail as to some resolution to the problem

regards
    Sounds like an issue with the reed in the device on the back door. 
    P.W. use shock sensors on the windows so swapping the sensor and re-enrolling at the new locations should save you having to but a new device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

altor wrote: »
    Sounds like an issue with the reed in the device on the back door. 
    P.W. use shock sensors on the windows so swapping the sensor and re-enrolling at the new locations should save you having to but a new device.

Hi altor

Thanks for your advice here, it's always good to have help from others here!

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement