Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Belfast.

Options
  • 21-06-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Am looking for accomodation for 3 nights in Belfast. My son is attending a convention at queens university and I am travelling with him. Any recommendations :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slimworld

The IBIS on castle street (virtually centre of city) is a really nice place to stay, cheap and location is bang on. Not sure what buses you get out to Queens but you could research that online or take a cab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

thanks slimworld

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

avoid IBIS on castle street!!!
    its a dump round there and not a place id want to stay with my child ,plus its miles away from queens.
    must be affiliated to recommend it.
    please do not stay there , you will have a bad view of Belfast.

if you dont mind staying out of the city then there is a hotel at shaws bridge.

http://www.ramadabelfast.com/

if you didnt mind a ten minute walk you would be able to get a bus directly to queens from the roundabout at house of sport.
    i recommend it as there are some really nice walks around the area and its leafy and chilled out , the area is an old oak forest and you have the lagan and giants ring etc on your doorstep.
    also a gym and pool in the hotel and a half hour walk along the lagan will take you to cutters wharf on an evening.

if you want closer to Queens then you have a wealth of hotels but do bear in mind they are all located in a vibrant area , lots of students out partying at nights , but great restaurants and vibes.

search : wellington park hotel
    malone lodge
    dukes at queens
    tara lodge
    maddissons
    crescent townhouse

out of those id recommend tara lodge and crescent

also in the area you have benedicts which is a great spot for dinner ( check the beat the clock) but has a nice hotel as well , maybe you would get a dinner and lodging deal?

then you have a load of hotels in the city centre , any hotel there and one bus will take you directly to queens.
    europa is nice and very central but if money isnt an issue then the merchant hotel is the best we have to offer.

couple of quick restaurant recommendations , be sure to try mourne seafood bar , excellent.
    boojum is cheap eats close to queens , burrittos and mexican , fiver a dish.
    take your pick of cafes around queens , maggie mays is a good one.
    made in belfast is a good spot too but i havent been there yet , going by reports.
    loads of places do early bird menus and pre theatre deals so check them out
    also cinema is only £3 on tuesdays if your up
    lyric theatre is well worth a visit too.

plenty to keep you going for 3 days anyways , its a great city , if you need any further help , ask away.

just dont stay in castle street!!! jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there shawnee,

I moved your thread from Travel over to the Belfast forum as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

my family friend owns tara lodge - bit biased but it's great!

seconding how much you should NOT stay at the IBIS on castle st. jesus it's a hole round there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    avoid IBIS on castle street!!!
    its a dump round there and not a place id want to stay with my child ,plus its miles away from queens.
    must be affiliated to recommend it.
    please do not stay there , you will have a bad view of Belfast.

if you dont mind staying out of the city then there is a hotel at shaws bridge.

http://www.ramadabelfast.com/

if you didnt mind a ten minute walk you would be able to get a bus directly to queens from the roundabout at house of sport.
    i recommend it as there are some really nice walks around the area and its leafy and chilled out , the area is an old oak forest and you have the lagan and giants ring etc on your doorstep.
    also a gym and pool in the hotel and a half hour walk along the lagan will take you to cutters wharf on an evening.

if you want closer to Queens then you have a wealth of hotels but do bear in mind they are all located in a vibrant area , lots of students out partying at nights , but great restaurants and vibes.

search : wellington park hotel
    malone lodge
    dukes at queens
    tara lodge
    maddissons
    crescent townhouse

out of those id recommend tara lodge and crescent

also in the area you have benedicts which is a great spot for dinner ( check the beat the clock) but has a nice hotel as well , maybe you would get a dinner and lodging deal?

then you have a load of hotels in the city centre , any hotel there and one bus will take you directly to queens.
    europa is nice and very central but if money isnt an issue then the merchant hotel is the best we have to offer.

couple of quick restaurant recommendations , be sure to try mourne seafood bar , excellent.
    boojum is cheap eats close to queens , burrittos and mexican , fiver a dish.
    take your pick of cafes around queens , maggie mays is a good one.
    made in belfast is a good spot too but i havent been there yet , going by reports.
    loads of places do early bird menus and pre theatre deals so check them out
    also cinema is only £3 on tuesdays if your up
    lyric theatre is well worth a visit too.

plenty to keep you going for 3 days anyways , its a great city , if you need any further help , ask away.

just dont stay in castle street!!! jeez

Tks a mil for that information. Great help.

Advertisement