Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Euro maintainance charge... for an account I don't even have???

Options
  • 21-06-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Got a very strange letter from B of I this morning, letting me know that unless I keep 3000 euros in my account, I'm going to be charged a regular maintenance fee of 5 euro.  What makes this so strange is that my B of I accounts are all in the North, in sterling.

As far as I know, my only contact with B of I in the South was when I was a student in Dublin, about 30 years ago - and I'm pretty certain that account was shut down when I left.

So, what do I do?  I don't want to start paying charges on an account I know absolutely nothing about!

A contact number or something would be useful, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi whitefort,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The fact that you received this letter would indicate to us that the account wasn't closed. We would suggest contacting the branch you opened the account with and a representative can check this out for you. Contact details for all of our branches can be found here.

Hope this helps and have a nice weekend.
    Tara

Advertisement