Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Honey celbridge/maynooth/leixpil

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

kellief wrote: »
    Great! I may pick up some local honey today so! If I can taste this I'm blaming you ha!

Ha! Hopefully you wont taste it! :D
    Give it a go sure, and if it works for you.....happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'll try it in the morning and shall report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Castlefarm.ie in athy do this. I was talking to her last night. It's raw honey with very little processing apparently. They don't deliver so it would require a trip down I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Insecure Abnormality

I go up to the Sunday Market in the Naas Racecourse it's on most Sundays. There is locally produced honey for sale up there it's usually about 3.50 for a bit less than a pound, probably somewhere between 350 and 400g jars they aren't marked with the weight.

I usually buy it for making mead and the like instead of using store bought stuff and the result does be far better.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I got the stuff up at Matheson's, €4.80 for a pot!! Better make me the healthiest person in Kildare for that price ha!
    I put honey mam had in the press into my smoothie this morning and I didn't taste it, so that's my way forward!
    The honey I got is blended, as a non-honey eater I don't know if this makes much of a difference, but the lady said its meant to have all the best bits of the local stuff. Sure we'll see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement