Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom furniture: how long does it take?

Options
  • 21-06-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi all, quick question. I am getting my bathrooms done up, and was going to ask a carpenter I know about making the vanity units for 2 bathrooms. Is 3 weeks very short notice for something like this?!! Also should I arrange to have the units delivered first before the plumber installs the sink?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 faithful chippie

3 hours is probably short notice with the r word and all the rest, tell plumber how high the unit is, get pipework for the sink in place, put the unit in then get plumber to connect it all up. Ask plumber to be sure i'm not faithful plumber ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

I could do this in that time if your interested pm me and I send you a couple of pictures.

You need to no what you want sink and style wise and make sure every one is on the same page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You will get a good deal on vanity unit/basin/tap kits in a builders providers.

Thats where I got the Sonas stuff for our bathroom and ensuite.

Trade price too.:D

If you are getting units built to a specific design,then you really need to get/buy the basin 1st and let the carpenter have it,so that he/she can build the vanity unit based off the basins exact size and shape.

Advertisement