Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Monday

6.2 Miles @ 9:03 m/m

This was cold, seriously. Maybe it was me but it seemed colder than the 2 degrees it actually was. The gloves were still a bit wet from yesterday and I honestly thought my hands were never going to warmup.

Anyway after about 3 miles they did warm up and everything was grand, turned into quite a nice run.

No core work done tonight, no time really. Monday's always seem a bit of a rush. Session tomorrow.

Looks like I'll be in Galway this weekend, heading down Saturday, back Sunday, not sure how this will impact my running.

In other news I've finally got around to replacing my bike that was stolen last summer, should hopefully have it next week !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tuesday

Club Session - 6.4 Miles @ 8:34

Club Session tonight. Started with 1.4 Miles warmup.

Then it was intervals as follows:

600m Fast/90 secs recovery
    200m Sprint/200m Recovery
    600m Fast/90 Secs Recovery

We did 3 of these after which I was expecting to do one more (at least). The group I was in decided they only wanted to do 400m/400m recovery. I decided to change that slightly and did:

400m Fast/60 Sec Recovery
    200m Sprint/200m Recovery
    600m Fast

Finished with just over 1 mile cool down.

Paces look something like this:

600/200/600

7:28/6:58/6:29
    6:44/6:17/6:20
    6:56/5:44/6:31

400/200/600

6:18/6:03/6:13

Wasn't really happy with this session, paces were all over the place. I ended up in a slower group than I should have done and the last lap people only wanted to do 400m fast and 400 jog so wasn't really great.

On the plus side I got an entry to Ballycotton on Sunday, anyone going down from Dublin? Not really prepared for it but I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

adrian522 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah the 30 Day challenge was good, but glad it's over, just picking and choosing exercises that I like at the moment.

Sunday

Djouce Trail Run 4.6 Miles @ 12:01

Met up with several boardsies for this one this morning, it was a fun run, despite an early March sighting of snow. Good fun and probably something I'd do again. Coffee and cake afterwards was welcome too!

52.5 Miles for the week.

Depends whose log you read to determine how long this run actually was.
    I've seen at least three different estimates :D

yaboya1 wrote: »

Well whatever about the distance the pace is well out because I never stopped the Garmin when we stopped so the pace should be a bit faster.

I think an executive decision was taken to round up the distance. Which I'm fine with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

you had to be there, Yaboya...

... we had it on good authority that it was an IMRA 5-mile route, so who are we to argue...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Wednesday- 6.2 Miles @ 9:15 m/m

Ah, things had been going so well. I'd been feeling a bit of niggle in my hip on Tuesday, but it then seemed ok afterwards so didn't worry about it.

Last night started to feel a good bit worse so cut the run short somewhat and spent some time stretching the general area but still a bit sore today.

Not sure about what to think now, I'll certainly rest up tonight I think and reassess things tomorrow!

Thursday

Rest missed the club session and everything. Just took it easy, took ownership of my new bike. Delighted to be back cycling in and out of work, hate sitting in traffic and good to keep the fitness ticking over.

Friday

6.4 Miles @ 9:05

Feck me it was windy out there. Not making any progress at all up the Templeogue road. Got through it though.

I guess it's getting close to time to make a decision on Ballycotton. I guess I'll run but the hip is feeling a bit tender after this though was fine on the actual run. I'll reasses tomorrow I think.

Thursday

Rest missed the club session and everything. Just took it easy, took ownership of my new bike. Delighted to be back cycling in and out of work, hate sitting in traffic and good to keep the fitness ticking over.

Friday

6.4 Miles @ 9:05

Feck me it was windy out there. Not making any progress at all up the Templeogue road. Got through it though.

I guess it's getting close to time to make a decision on Ballycotton. I guess I'll run but the hip is feeling a bit tender after this though was fine on the actual run. I'll reasses tomorrow I think.
    How bout a trip to ECOLII? Hope it's nothing serious :(

Nah, not serious at all, just a bit of soreness, I might drop him a line next week if it persists alright.

Have you cancelled all plans to race this weekend at this stage?

• Advertisement

Saturday

3.1 @ 8:23

Just a few easy miles up in Bushy Park, threw in 4 strides towards the end.

I'd like to say the hip didn't bother me at all but I could feel it at the end of the session and I'm hoping I'm not going to drive over 5 hours tomorrow for nothing.

Time for the ice pack I think.

Nah, not serious at all, just a bit of soreness, I might drop him a line next week if it persists alright.

Have you cancelled all plans to race this weekend at this stage?
    Yeah, I'd rather play it safe and be sidelined for a few days than take a risk and be siðelined for weeks :) I'm hugely better but it could easily morph into throat blisters etc so rest for me. I have a booking in the. Garryvoe hotel that I haven't cancelled yet if you need accommodation? Glad to hear your niggle isn't too bad. Have a great run if you go, the atmosphere is meant to be electric.

No, I'm going down in the morning but thanks for the offer. Race is not till 1.30 so plenty of time to get down I think.

No, I'm going down in the morning but thanks for the offer. Race is not till 1.30 so plenty of time to get down I think.
    Sorry should have said, the booking is for Sunday night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Good luck tomorrow ! Hope you have a great run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow, mind the hip, bitch of an injury to deal with if it gets serious.

Thanks , no pressure, no target really. Just have to go out and enjoy it. I might even take the pace field off the Garmin and just run by feel for a change.

Hope the wind dies down a bit, really wild outside now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Best of luck tomorrow Adrian, you have the right attitude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Good luck Adrian, hope it goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

good luck tomorrow Adrian, have a great race & hope the hip holds up.

• Advertisement

Thanks FD, I'm sure It'll be fine for the race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

All the best tomorrow, A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Enjoy it tomorrow but mind that niggle, don't go mad and ruin your season!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck Adrian, mind that hip!!

Thanks I'll be careful but I think I'll be ok.

Thanks , no pressure, no target really. Just have to go out and enjoy it. I might even take the pace field off the Garmin and just run by feel for a change.

Hope the wind dies down a bit, really wild outside now.
    Music to my ears :D whichever way you do it, I am sure it will go well and a PB is there for the taking. You have been putting in really solid work and mileage recently. Best of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Take her out.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

Best of luck tomorrow man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Good luck Adrian!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best of luck adrian.

Advertisement