Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Monday

6.6 Miles @ 8:36 m/m

Just some easy paced miles around Kilkenny including the park run route in reverse. Lovely day for running, loads of people out enjoying the sunshine, though I was severely dehydrated it was still fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

adrian522 wrote: »
    Monday

6.6 Miles @ 8:36 m/m

Just some easy paced miles around Kilkenny including the park run route in reverse. Lovely day for running, loads of people out enjoying the sunshine, though I was severely dehydrated it was still fun.

that cycling is very dehydrating ;)

hope the ankle held up ok..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, the cycling and also the weather and staying out till all hours drinking various craft beers but never the same one twice. One of those things anyway!

Ankle was ok, still feel it a bit, need to be careful with the race coming up at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Have you been doing heel drops? They sort out my calves and Achilles like a dream? No harm popping over to ECOLII either...

Yes to the heel drop/calf raises.

Haven't got any treatment yet, I may look at that if things don't improve, but to be honest it was already a lot better today so think I just need to pay a bit of attention to it and work on strengthening the area.

• Advertisement

Tuesday

Club Session - 4.8 Miles @ 8:29 m/m

Fairly tame session tonight with a lot of people raicng at the weekend. It's pretty much a loop around Bushy Park which includes a few hills and some fairly challenging terrain. We did 4 reps of this with 90 seconds recovery between each. I would have thought we would do 6 reps but we left it at 4. Probably for the best given my recent niggle and upcoming race.

Also pretty short distance wise, supplemented by some cycling done today.

Won't be doing a session on Thursday so just easy running between now and Saturday.

Wednesday

6 Miles Easy - 8:46 m/m

Lovely evening for a run so as I was heading out the door I was thinking of an 8 mile loop. Got talked out of this by one of my workmates. "I thought this 10K at the weekend was a target race?"

Me: "oh yeah, well maybe I'll do a bit less"

I'm great at dishing out advice not great at following it. The bank holiday has me thinking I have an extra day to play with, the fact is the race is in 2 days time.

I struggled a bit on this one, feeling a bit flat and devoid of energy even after 2 and a half miles. Got through it though and spent a bit of time stretching too.

Plan for tomorrow will be 5 miles or so with 3 on Friday. That should see me right.

Will you throw in a few strides along the way too?...Achilles allowing. Glad to see you tapering, I don't think you have the last couple of races? I'll be interested to see what difference it makes. Got a target in mind? Your sessions and mileage lately will have brought you on, so don't be going easy on yourself :)

Yeah, I'll do a few strides alright. No issues with the achilles anyway.

No, haven't really tapered at all this year so will be interesting. Training has gone well, if I'm honest my diet and alcohol intake has been extremely poor the last few weeks, but not much to be done about that now.

Not sure on a target, I was thinking about this today. I think 42:00 is doable and that's what I'll be aiming for. I may come a little short on that so won't be too disappointed if it's low 42, but that will be the target.

Excellent, best of everything on the day!

• Advertisement

Thursday - 5 Miles @ 8:41

Lovely day for a run, headed out at lunchtime, kept it to 5 miles around UCD. I did 8 * 20 Second strides as part of this. Wasn't sure if I'd done 7 or 8 so added an extra one, so at least 8, maybe 9.

Friday - Pre- Race Run

3 Miles @ 8:47 with 4 * 20 Second Strides

Lunchtime again and my usual day before a race, 3 slow miles with a few strides just to take the edge off. Nothing exciting happened.

All set for tomorrow now, should be a good day out with a fair few from these parts taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

May the PB roll continue tomorrow Adrian! Have a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

Ososlo wrote: »

+1, all the best man! Have a gud un!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Good luck tomorrow man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Best of luck tomorrow! Don't forget to tie your shoelaces :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Good luck Adrian.

Have a good one.

Ps. Great rid of the bike :)

TbL

Good luck tomorrow, Adrian, don't let Bungy catch you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck

annapr wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow, Adrian, don't forget to let Bungy catch you! :D

FYP ;)

Go get that 42 Adrian. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

• Advertisement

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    FYP ;)

hah, I was just trying to give her a motivation edge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

+1, best of luck tomorrow.

+1, all the best man! Have a gud un!
    Good luck tomorrow man!
    Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow! Don't forget to tie your shoelaces :D
    Good luck Adrian.

Have a good one.

Ps. Great rid of the bike :)

TbL
    annapr wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow, Adrian, don't let Bungy catch you! :D
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good luck
    Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Go get that 42 Adrian. Can't wait to hear all about it :)
    tang1 wrote: »
    +1, best of luck tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I'm starting to regret mentioning the 42, but I'll give it a go nonetheless. I'm confident of a PB in any case.

Sorry TBL the bike stays, but I'll be the quintessential recreational cyclist. I may even take to posting pictures of my garmin after my commute to work! Just to annoy people obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good luck A. Rip it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Very best of luck tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Murph_D wrote: »
    Good luck A. Rip it up!
    + 1 to this!

Garmin time 41:59.6 (let's call it 42:00)
    Official Time 42:08 (No timing mat at the start line)
    Splits: 6:34/6:55/6:45/7:06/6:46/6:42/1:08

Have to be happy with that, but thinking was there 8 seconds out there I could have found? Anyway over 2 mins off the PB from Enniscorthy so happy with that.

Report to follow eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

congrats again! but I think you should call it 41.59..

Advertisement