Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a houe in Ireland while living in Oz

Options
  • 21-06-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm living in Oz the past 5 years and wish to but a house back home in Ireland.

Doe anyone have any advice on trying to get a mortgage from a bank back home?(considering that all my saving are in a bank acc in oz).

Is it hard to get a mortage this way?What sort of paperwork is involved

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as most people i talk to don't really know..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Hi there,

A family member of mine is a bank manager and I had a discussion with them at Xmas about this very subject. They said that you would need to show that you could pay a mortgage amount in Ireland as in you would need to be putting into an Irish account the money that a mortgage would cost for approximately 6 months before they would consider an application. I'm sure having the money for the deposit sitting there would help as well.

They will look for information in relation to your outgoings in Australia here as well, so you will need to show your rent etc.

Cheers

Advertisement