Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof clothes

Options
  • 21-06-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Hi

i will be working outside more often and am looking for some waterproof clothes

what is a good suit to put over regular clothes :)

Comments

I find the tog 24 waterproof trousers pretty decent for only about €30 in the Kildare Outlet shop, very easy to put on and take off as zips up most of the sides. Not absolutely waterproof, not sure anything is really when you're out in it for hours, but goes a long way at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Hi

i will be working outside more often and am looking for some waterproof clothes

what is a good suit to put over regular clothes :)

Breathable is important.

An old saying "No such thing as bad weather, just improper clothing"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

nightster1 wrote: »
    Breathable is important.

An old saying "No such thing as bad weather, just improper clothing"

Excellent !! Love that saying

Why is breathable important

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Excellent !! Love that saying

Why is breathable important

Let the sweat out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Kinda depends what you're doing outdoors - big difference between slogging up a mountainside on a wet, warm day and sitting on a boat or saying climbing masts for work etc...

I don't think breathability is as important for leg wear but you might consider regardless for jacket. If you're work is fairly static most of the time and you're not working up a great sweat, go for gear that has a bit of weight and substance in it. That'll keep you warm as well as dry when the wind is bitter. Overtrousers in salopette form are great to keep you warm as they come higher up the back and with braces under your jacket. Not so good when you need to go the jacks though. I had a great pair of Lowe Alpine Salopettes like this for years, too heavy for regular hillwalking in Ireland but great for field survey work on days when you'd prefer not to be out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Its for valeting I need the waterproofs for

Advertisement