Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great idea for lifting wheel off ground...

• 21-06-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TKzgEAtpI

Found this by chance. Any ideas what these are called or if they're common place? Would love something similar... handier than needing to use paddock stand for oiling chain.

Have a centre stand on one of my bikes, but not the other...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

rat_race wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-TKzgEAtpI

Found this by chance. Any ideas what these are called or if they're common place? Would love something similar... handier than needing to use paddock stand for oiling chain.

Have a centre stand on one of my bikes, but not the other...

Not exactly stable looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Not exactly stable looking

Well, the kick stand is out too (it has to be)...if that yokey snaps/slips, what's the worst that'll happen?

but yeah, obviously no good for anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Well, the kick stand is out too (it has to be)...if that yokey snaps/slips, what's the worst that'll happen?

but yeah, obviously no good for anything serious.

Side stand fold back in and your bike is on its side :mad::mad::mad:

To be honest it actually looks like more hassle than using a paddock stand.

Might be handy to bring on long trips etc to oil the chain while away from home. I would have someone I trust to hold the bike though still :D:D

leppla wrote: »
    Side stand fold back in and your bike is on its side :mad::mad::mad:

To be honest it actually looks like more hassle than using a paddock stand.

Might be handy to bring on long trips etc to oil the chain while away from home. I would have someone I trust to hold the bike though still :D:D

I can't really see the side-stand falling back...the side stand is firmly on the ground. He uses it to lever the bike up, so that yokey falls then he lets the bike back down. Yeah though, I have paddock stands in the folks', but just dont like carrying them around (live in a small apt. in Dublin, for example...)...something like that would be handy to oil the 250...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya that's probably the only situation it would be useful.

As you said if you put forward force on the bike the side stand is going to collapse.

If I was using this id also tie up the front brake so that the bike cant move forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I can't really see the side-stand falling back...the side stand is firmly on the ground. He uses it to lever the bike up, so that yokey falls then he lets the bike back down. Yeah though, I have paddock stands in the folks', but just dont like carrying them around (live in a small apt. in Dublin, for example...)...something like that would be handy to oil the 250...

You could use it 500 times and your stand would stay put. . . But its not worth it imo for the one time it falls.

You could use it 500 times and your stand would stay put. . . But its not worth it imo for the one time it falls.

Yeah, probably not a great idea for a big heavy bike like the Tiger 800...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Cool, thanks. No chance of them causing issues really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

there's no real need for it, just get one of your mates to pull the bike onto it's sidestand,
    i ride a blackbird with the centrestand removed,
    i've done this plenty of times or just roll the bike a small bit forward between sprays.
    the aim is to cut down on unnecessary stuff when away touring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Youd need to chock the front wheel or strap the brake lever, then fit the gizmo...........meanwhile i've got the paddock stand fitted and chain oiled....:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Or just get a chain oiler. Longer chain and sprocket life, less maintenance and cleaning to do.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

The first one would be vastly improved if it had a flat lug to latch under the swinging arm, but then it would need to come in different sizes to fit different arm sizes. It also looks as if it only works on hollow axles.

The second one looks better, but I wonder will it click in so nicely when it's been used a bit.

I used to have one like the third one and it was a pain in the a$$ to use.

However, Shafties, Belt Drive or Scottoilerl FTW

Advertisement