Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrades for aug?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

What do you hope to achieve with this upgrade ??????????
    All upgrade work should have a goal in mind that you wish to achieve from doing this work

Are you looking for a greater rate of fire, greater range, greater accuracy etc or do you just want to be able to say I have an upgraded AUG

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Airsofter911

Well I'm getting a hop up for the aug and a presicion barrel. Well I have the money at the moment so I'm aiming to upgrade to improve I suppose all of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hop and barrel first. Then get it serviced, while it's getting serviced ask the tech to install metal bearings or bushings and shim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Airsofter911

How much those that cost?
    And where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What DeBurca was getting at is that unless you have a clear idea of what you're looking for, you can't possibly find it! It'll basically end up like an expensive placebo - you'll think your rifle is better, but you won't be looking in any particular area, and in all likelihood nothing will have changed. It will just feel 'custom' and more like 'your rifle' and thus your enjoyment will increase.

If you are looking for greater accuracy/range, it means you will have found something lacking in your current setup - are other peoples guns out-ranging yours? Or are you simply not happy with your shot to shot consistency?

Regarding ROF (rate of fire), again if you are looking for more it implies that you find the gun 'slow' in its current state; is this the case? If not then save yourself the money! No point in dumping parts/money into the thing if it's working and keeping you happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement