Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from old a/c to new eFibre a/c - issues ordering broadband accessory online?

Options
  • 21-06-2013 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

eFibre recently installed. Received final bill today for old a/c.

After making multiple calls I got my new eFibre a/c number.

I would like to order the broadband accessory TP-LINK wireless adaptor online but I can't due to the confusion with the a/c numbers. 

Can someone from Eircom look into this for me? I must have made 10 phone calls today already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi paultf,

Would you like to send me your details and I will try and help you with this?

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Hi paultf,

Would you like to send me your details and I will try and help you with this?

Thanks

Tracey
    PM sent. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks, I will respond to your PM soon.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Tracey,

You can close this thread. I eventually got this 'sorted'.

I was disappointed in the way I was 'bounced' around on the phone by Eircom today. I must have made at least 12 phone calls, put on hold numerous times and sent emails too. I wasted at least 2 hours of my day.

The main reason why I wanted to purchase this product from Eircom was that if there were any technical problems I thought Eircom would be the best people to deal with.

Eventually I got through to someone on the eFibre team who tried the same methods I used online to buy the TP-LINK product. I was put on hold and then told that the new eFibre system wouldn't be able to handle my TP-LINK order till the end of July! I was then informed of various places where I could purchase it. This was something I was going to do earlier in the day but I held out for Eircom.

Anyways I have purchased from Powercity and I will have it Tuesday morning.

That was some ordeal with Eircom. Exactly how many different departments and agents are there? What a waste of a day. My own fault I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

paultf wrote: »
    Tracey,

You can close this thread. I eventually got this 'sorted'.

I was disappointed in the way I was 'bounced' around on the phone by Eircom today. I must have made at least 12 phone calls, put on hold numerous times and sent emails too. I wasted at least 2 hours of my day.

The main reason why I wanted to purchase this product from Eircom was that if there were any technical problems I thought Eircom would be the best people to deal with.

Eventually I got through to someone on the eFibre team who tried the same methods I used online to buy the TP-LINK product. I was put on hold and then told that the new eFibre system wouldn't be able to handle my TP-LINK order till the end of July! I was then informed of various places where I could purchase it. This was something I was going to do earlier in the day but I held out for Eircom.

Anyways I have purchased from Powercity and I will have it Tuesday morning.

That was some ordeal with Eircom. Exactly how many different departments and agents are there? What a waste of a day. My own fault I suppose.
    Ok paultf

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement