Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overcrowding on trains

• 21-06-2013 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Liccle trinity

Dont know about regulations but ever travelled on London Tube at peak times its scary. I have never experienced anything compared to it in Ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Yes the underground can be crush loaded at times, but they have a huge amount more passengers than we have in Ireland with very long trains and just a few minutes between each train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

In some cases over here, a train looks packed because too many people want to stand at the doors instead of moving down the carriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    In some cases over here, a train looks packed because too many people want to stand at the doors instead of moving down the carriage.

That is not something that is unique to Ireland though, in many cities you have the problems that some coaches of a train can be like that, whilst other ones, further down the train, the furthest away from the exit can barely have anyone in them.

I remember going to the UK one summer on an 8 coach Stansted Express from the airport, the first four coaches were full with people standing, I went down to the seventh coach and it was only about 10% full when we left. Got off at Liverpool Street and passengers were moaning they had to stand for the whole journey as the train was "overcrowded"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

In short, no there isn't a rule. The RSC discuss it here.

http://www.rsc.ie/faqs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Dont know about regulations but ever travelled on London Tube at peak times its scary. I have never experienced anything compared to it in Ireland.
    Or Japan, where they have porters to push passengers onto the trains.

Advertisement