Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock N'Heim

• 21-06-2013 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi just wondering is there many going to Rock N'Heim this year? And has anyone ever gone to a festival like this in Europe on their own before? It doesn't look like any of my mates can go and I really don't want to miss out on S.O.A.D, Deftones and NIN playing at the one gig. Plus I'm not quiet sure if S.O.A.D would tour again. Don't want to take the chance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

This is the first year that Rock N' Heim is going to be run, but I would imagine that it would be a similar setup and atmosphere to Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park.

I've been to Rock Am Ring twice now and have had great fun each time that I've been there, but each time it's been with a big group of friends. But saying that, all the Germans that I met around the campsite each time were really friendly, loved the Irish and were delighted to get a chance to practice their English. Tbh, I was a bit pissed when I saw the lineup for RN'H, compared to RAR this year, the RN'H lineup looks so much better.

But, if you don't want to go to a full festival, there is Rock Im Pott which has a similar enough lineup (in terms of the big bands that will be playing), but takes place on one day.

http://www.mlk.com/rock_im_pott/1739-system_of_a_down_volbeat_tenacious_d_ua_-_2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah I couldnt get time off for RnH unfortunately, so am going to Rock im Pott instead. All German fests are well run, Id say go for it. Check bahn.de for trains, best site for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dhampir

Cool thanks guys. If all fails i'll try get to rock im pott. I'm mainly going for S.O.A.D. anyway:) Never seen them live yet.

Yeah thats why im going Rock im Pott. Altho the 'Inneraum' tix were gone, so had to get 'Inneraum Tribüne' ticket. Wont see a thing Id say.

oh **** that's indoors isn't it. I was just glancing through some pic's of rock n'heim and it looks huge!! the chances of getting near the stage to see anything are slim enough i'd say.

• Advertisement

Dhampir wrote: »
    oh **** that's indoors isn't it. I was just glancing through some pic's of rock n'heim and it looks huge!! the chances of getting near the stage to see anything are slim enough i'd say.

Yeah it is alright, but sure a few beers and good music will be grand!

I'd have gone to rock n' heim in a flash could I get the days off though, looks really good.

I'm going to wait closer to the time and see how I fair out with work etc. They're playing their own gig in berlin on the 20th as well. I'll surely get to one of them:) I have no problem going to a gig on my own, just a 3 day festival is bit more daunting.

Advertisement