Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc failing

Options
  • 21-06-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi new to forum. My pc running windows 7 pro continually crashes, loads of blue screens, only running in safe mode. how do I back up contents to load to new pc/laptop should I need to do so. Can I do so to the cloud or onto portable hard drive and which is best.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

selarg wrote: »
    Hi new to forum. My pc running windows 7 pro continually crashes, loads of blue screens, only running in safe mode. how do I back up contents to load to new pc/laptop should I need to do so. Can I do so to the cloud or onto portable hard drive and which is best.
    thanks

Hi Selerg,

Welcome to boards :) . I would advise you get a large capacity USB key or external HD and backup now while you still can! It sounds like a faulty hard disk is possibly your issue. I wouldn't go for a cloud solution as these are generally slow (depending on numerous factors) and the sooner you pull the data off the machine the better :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, back up onto some USB drive asap. This should done anyway occasionally, you never know what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

As Nick said, a USB drive is best, unless you have a very fast internet connection. If you're getting lots of blue screens I'd advise you to back up your data as soon as you can, to avoid data loss. If you just have a few small files to back up then go for cloud (Google or Microsoft Skydrive are both very good), otherwise get yourself an external USB drive and start backing-up straight away.

Welcome to Boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

hi ,backup 1st ,did you try system restore point ,you most likely installed ,a driver or program causing problem ,whats the code usually a string of 0x00 this is useful in fixing error

• Registered Users Posts: 2 selarg

Thanks guys will invest in portable hard drive this week hope pc survives till then

• Advertisement
Advertisement