Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of letting agent

Options
  • 21-06-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys, what is the situation when you sign a contract with a letting agent for the year and then half way through the landlord changed agents but I didn't sign a new agreement with the agents? Would this be cause for breaking lease?

Im trying to get out of my lease a month early :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

In a word no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The agent may be nominated to you as the landlords representative, but ultimately your dealings are always with the landlord, and they are free to change agent at any time provided they give you written notice of the change and provide you with the new agents contact details. Its not a way out of a lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Hi Guys, what is the situation when you sign a contract with a letting agent for the year and then half way through the landlord changed agents but I didn't sign a new agreement with the agents? Would this be cause for breaking lease?

Im trying to get out of my lease a month early :(

Would a change of bank manager cancel your mortgage?

Advertisement