Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggy Boards

Options
  • 21-06-2013 3:14pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have one they can recommend.

Our little guy will be almost 4 when his brother comes along and we have a travel system that's a bebeconfort, which I think is like Maxi Cosi but it's 4 years old anyway.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I have the Lascal buggy board, the claim on the box is that it fits 99% of buggies of something like that. They've a good website that checks compatibility if you google it.

My baby is only a few weeks so haven't used it much yet but the few times I have it's been very handy. The 2.5 year old loves it and keeps asking to go on it. Only thing is it makes the buggy quite heavy to push (presume that's the same for all buggy boards) because if you think about it you're adding a couple of stone onto what you're pushing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I use it some of the of time and I hate it but my daughter loves. It makes the buggy very hard to push, you usually have to take it of before you food the buggy.you also have to bend over while pushing the buggy as you leave room for the child.
    I think they are grand for the last few meters home but not for a day out

Serf but second hand there's very little difference between the option s

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Have used a lot with a Maclaren buggy and you don't need to remove before folding. Definitely handy if your older child mainly walks and just needs a rest every new and again.

It might be worth going to a shop that sells them and try it on your buggy, I have a Quinny Buzz and the handles extend quite long so you don't have to bend over too much but for reasons like that trying it first might be an idea.

The times I've used it was for walking to the childminders about half a km from my house, was sweating when I got there-a good workout! Definitely quicker and handier than letting my little one walk when we were in a hurry. It seems to take practice for mastering corners so wouldn't be much use in small shops.

I got mine second hand for 40 or 50 eur so maybe worth checking that too as wmpdd3 said.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Avoid the Mothercare hop on version like the plague!! We got ours last week, spring popped out and wouldnt go back when trying to install it - part was replaced. Then found it didnt fit our stroller (umbrella fold) at all, even tho the guide said it. Spent a whole evening at it before admitting defeat and returning it.

Also looking for recommendations for buggy board now - anyone try the bumprider? Lascal looks good but very fiddly to put on, the mothercare has made me wary of that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have a scallways one and I have to take it off before I fold the buggy.

The Lascal probably took me about half an hour to fit the first time. A bit fiddly but not too bad. Once it's fitted it has brackets then that stay attached to the buggy, and it just clips on and off the brackets to take it on and off, really handy.
    Haven't tried folding buggy with it on yet so can't help with that.

Advertisement