Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unkels new car?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ba_barabus wrote: »
    There is a nice red 2003 Honda Legend 3.5 V6 on dd in a main dealer for 4k. Looks very good

One of the most overrated barges of all time. Meh. I'll pass. Thanks for your suggestion anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

unkel wrote: »
    (hint: link to an actual Irish ad would be great)

Sorry I'm on the mobile but if you PM an email I'll forward then along as I look.

All I know about the Croma is that they were popular taxis on the continent and a friend in the trade regards then as solid but unpopular.

Solid but unpopular means bargain btw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

i just put your search requirements into donedeal and im sorry but the best thing it had were a few volvo S80's

go for an s80 :pac:

You know 10 years ago this would have been easy as most brands offered a large hatch or saloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Joshua J wrote: »

came up in my search and thought it was ugly and not for our market... i.e bad value for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

There's an admittedly BASIC 1.8 Croma on DD for 2.5k. 2007 with 32k miles, if that's a straight car it seems a bargain.

EDIT - scratch on back door and no mention of service history.

• Advertisement

i just put your search requirements into donedeal and im sorry but the best thing it had were a few volvo S80's

I'm sorry but you fail at data entry, my son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

ninty9er wrote: »
    Not a 04+ under 2.5l

The only one is the IS and that's on the out list.

The GS is a nice car, but the cost of owning one in Ireland is a huge disincentive.

I have a 98 GS300, running on LPG for the last 2 weeks. It averaging 23mpg on the gas (normally 25mpg petrol). The petrol station just 1mile away sells LPG @80c/litre :)

According to the calculator, that equates to nearly 45mpg petrol equivalent in terms of € per mile @ 1.55l/petrol :)

Not bad at all for a 3.0 auto with legendary reliability!

OK, the tax is a pain @ €1500/year, but with depreciation at, eh, zero as its only worth €500-€1000 in scrap and with 45mpg equivalent, this is serious luxo-bargainomics!

There's an admittedly BASIC 1.8 Croma on DD for 2.5k. 2007 with 32k miles, if that's a straight car it seems a bargain.

EDIT - scratch on back door and no mention of service history.

I know I suggested it but I myself don't see anything really appealing about them

Indeed, mullingar. I was tempted last week by a €1650 '00 GS300 with tax paid up until 02/14 (worth well over a grand). I've been offered an '03 today for very reasonable money with a few months test and 3 monts tax. I would not mind at all to own a GS for a bit. Offers considered, but you know me, they would have to be very, very cheap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

I should be going to the meet on Sunday if you want to see mine....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Of course they are not out, I love Italian cars! The only reason I excluded Alfa Romeo is that the 156/166 are too old now for my liking and the 159 surely is not within budget?

I admit I do not know much about that car. Any suggestions? (hint: link to an actual Irish ad would be great)

I doubt a v6 busso will ever be too old for your liking!:)
    And I'm sure 166man would give you his 1.6 Tspark badge to fool the missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

There are 2 questions:

- Why don't you buy the same car twice (e39 is the best car posted here and Rover 75 is one of the best deals out there at the moment)?
    - Why haven't you bought that S-type yet? :D

Ugh those Cromas are ugly :eek:
    commited wrote: »
    Why don't you buy the same car twice (e39 is the best car posted here and Rover 75 is one of the best deals out there at the moment)?

I like some variety - the spice of life, isn't that what they say? ;)
    commited wrote: »
    Why haven't you bought that S-type yet? :D

I ain't buying just yet, but that car is tempting alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Scortho wrote: »
    I doubt a v6 busso will ever be too old for your liking!:)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-166-3-0-v6-tiptronic/4579109

Don't know if its still for sale but the belt is done and this on LPG would be semi reasonable to run.

My best mate has 3 Alfa Romeos. All with the Busso V6. And indeed, Ferris, he has a €1k 166 V6 Busso with LPG as his daily driver :D
    Drove one of these (with the 3l V6 Busso) on mountain roads in Italy last month:

ALFASPIDER2004_red2.jpg

I get my Busso fix whenever I'm over with him. Don't need my own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

My best mate has 3 Alfa Romeos. All with the Busso V6. And indeed, Ferris, he has a €1k 166 V6 Busso with LPG as his daily driver :D
    Drove one of these (with the 3l V6 Busso) on mountain roads in Italy last month:

ALFASPIDER2004_red2.jpg

I get my Busso fix whenever I'm over with him. Don't need my own :D

Busso fix - you heard it here first :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement