Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parcel Motel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just a quick update. Got the text around eight to say that it was ready for collection at the finglas depot due to it being oversized. The packaging was excessive thanks to Amazon but was very happy to get it. First time I ever had to collect from the depot. Any one down two to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

bbability wrote: »
    At least you got a response

I would check that out as I cant see a coat being oversize. Usually oversize items will not be sent to your PM box. Instead you will have to collect them yourself at their local depot

rusty999 wrote: »
    I would check that out as I cant see a coat being oversize. Usually oversize items will not be sent to your PM box. Instead you will have to collect them yourself at their local depot

Yeah I ended up collecting it at the depot. The box was fairly big, I must actually measure it to see what size it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I ordered a watch not a coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I ordered a watch not a coat!

I have had packages marked as OVERSIZED this would be due to the shipper,most likely incorrectly filling in mandatory size fields,so when they do arrive they will be able to see it aint and be processed as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I've still not heard about the parcel Parcel Motel recieved in Antrim on the 22nd of Dec. Along with another item they should've got by now (no tracking on that item).

Their lockers are quite small and I'd say a lot of parcels would be oversized because of the amount of packaging that usually goes onto them. So even more hassle involved going to an office to get the parcels.

The P.M keypads are a joke as well, I'd to re-enter my pin code and phone no. a few times 'cause their touchscreen is so clunky. In the end it can cost more than it would to have an item delivered direct to your door and then there's the hassle if you don't live near a depot/locker.

Hopefully Parcel Connect wll be better. Expecting an item to local shop tomorrow, via P.C.

I've still not heard about the parcel Parcel Motel recieved in Antrim on the 22nd of Dec. Along with another item they should've got by now (no tracking on that item).

Their lockers are quite small and I'd say a lot of parcels would be oversized because of the amount of packaging that usually goes onto them. So even more hassle involved going to an office to get the parcels.

The P.M keypads are a joke as well, I'd to re-enter my pin code and phone no. a few times 'cause their touchscreen is so clunky. In the end it can cost more than it would to have an item delivered direct to your door and then there's the hassle if you don't live near a depot/locker.

Hopefully Parcel Connect wll be better. Expecting an item to local shop tomorrow, via P.C.

Have you contact parcel motel to see what the hold up is? I ordered stuff the other day and it has been delivered.

What is connect?

Parcel Connect ? is this a new service ?

In fairness to PM , they sometimes get it right. I have used them for a year--or whenever they started- and even though I did have my rows and complaints at times I would say that overall they were ok.. A couple of things bugged me lately in the fact that they bumped up the cost without any real notification to customers. A few times the oversize issue cropped up as well and its their Achilles heel in my opinion.
    Actually their lockers are not as small as people think and there are some decent sizes at most locations as well as smaller sizes. Maybe I am wrong about that but I always find that the larger the package it always ends up in the lower section of the lockers -nearest the ground-so I was assuming that those ones were a bit bigger than the standard ones on top.
    I got used to the keypad eventually due to the fact that I used it dozens of times for deliveries.
    Theres no point using a service like parcel Motel if you can have it shipped directly to you -what would be the point of that ? Most people who use it are buying goods from Uk that usually the seller will not ship out of the UK. So, by using PM it gives the user a UK address to which they can have the purchase shipped to. A lot of company's in uk provide free shipping so you are on to a winner straight away ie. free shipping to Uk address and then just 3.95 to Parcel Motel.
    I'm still waiting hear what Parcel Connect is all about--if its a new competitor then it can only improve things as competition is usually a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I'm still waiting hear what Parcel Connect is all about--if its a new competitor then it can only improve things as competition is usually a good thing.

Parcelconnect is the same idea as PM, it's done by fastway the delivery is done to some of Payzone shops, cost is €4.50 that you pay at the collection shop, but the good point is that no oversize like PM, there's a size limit but it's over 1m.

There's a thread in boards about it.

They also have a Antrim address.

Only problem is that some Payzone stores don't know how the service works so they do no scan parcels when they get them to generate your pin, also some they just hand the parcel out for free when you go asking for it.

In fairness to PM , they sometimes get it right. I have used them for a year--or whenever they started- and even though I did have my rows and complaints at times I would say that overall they were ok.. A couple of things bugged me lately in the fact that they bumped up the cost without any real notification to customers. A few times the oversize issue cropped up as well and its their Achilles heel in my opinion.
    Actually their lockers are not as small as people think and there are some decent sizes at most locations as well as smaller sizes. Maybe I am wrong about that but I always find that the larger the package it always ends up in the lower section of the lockers -nearest the ground-so I was assuming that those ones were a bit bigger than the standard ones on top.
    I got used to the keypad eventually due to the fact that I used it dozens of times for deliveries.
    Theres no point using a service like parcel Motel if you can have it shipped directly to you -what would be the point of that ? Most people who use it are buying goods from Uk that usually the seller will not ship out of the UK. So, by using PM it gives the user a UK address to which they can have the purchase shipped to. A lot of company's in uk provide free shipping so you are on to a winner straight away ie. free shipping to Uk address and then just 3.95 to Parcel Motel.

Sometimes Im sure but so far Ive made four orders to be delivered via PM and only one has arrived. Its been weeks.
    Maybe their lockers are different sizes. My order was in one near the ground and it was long but low.
    Yes I have contacted M about the issues and they had no idea where the parcels are despite the tracking system from the seller saying theyd delivered ages ago. All they said was it ''should'' be there this week.
    The point of using PM apart from when theres no international shipping available is to avoid paying exorbitant international shipping, as you have said sometimes UK shipping is free so PM can be used for that. Very often in my experience irish shipping costs more than the item itself.

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    Parcelconnect is the same idea as PM, it's done by fastway the delivery is done to some of Payzone shops, cost is €4.50 that you pay at the collection shop, but the good point is that no oversize like PM, there's a size limit but it's over 1m.

There's a thread in boards about it.

They also have a Antrim address.

Only problem is that some Payzone stores don't know how the service works so they do no scan parcels when they get them to generate your pin, also some they just hand the parcel out for free when you go asking for it.

Thanks--that explains it. What are payzone stores--is it your local store?
    Is this service long in operation--first I've heard about it
    Thanks again
    Rusty

Thanks--that explains it. What are payzone stores--is it your local store?
    Is this service long in operation--first I've heard about it
    Thanks again
    Rusty

Check the parcelconnect store to check if your local store is connected, lots of spar, supervalu, centra, newsagents, ect but not all the payzone shops operate the parcelconnect service. With parcelconnect you can also post parcels by dropping them to the shops.

They been doing the posting parcel service for a few years, but receive parcels started last year in Oct./Nov.

Sometimes Im sure but so far Ive made four orders to be delivered via PM and only one has arrived. Its been weeks.
    Maybe their lockers are different sizes. My order was in one near the ground and it was long but low.
    Yes I have contacted M about the issues and they had no idea where the parcels are despite the tracking system from the seller saying theyd delivered ages ago. All they said was it ''should'' be there this week.
    The point of using PM apart from when theres no international shipping available is to avoid paying exorbitant international shipping, as you have said sometimes UK shipping is free so PM can be used for that. Very often in my experience irish shipping costs more than the item itself.

One thing i have learned from experience when using PM

Always insist, or ask, your seller to double check that he has put your PM number on the address as thats usually what causes so much confusion.
    If the staff in Belfast receive a package with no PM number the delivery is slowed down considerably as they simply put it one side to be sorted later and they will not allow it to slow down their other sorting jobs. I was told this by a very helpful employee in Dublin.
    I always put type in a side message to my seller--Please ensure my Pm "222333444" etc is included on my shipping address.
    Since I started doing that I have never had any problems with receiving goods on time.

One thing i have learned from experience when using PM

Always insist, or ask, your seller to double check that he has put your PM number on the address as thats usually what causes so much confusion.
    If the staff in Belfast receive a package with no PM number the delivery is slowed down considerably as they simply put it one side to be sorted later and they will not allow it to slow down their other sorting jobs. I was told this by a very helpful employee in Dublin.
    I always put type in a side message to my seller--Please ensure my Pm "222333444" etc is included on my shipping address.
    Since I started doing that I have never had any problems with receiving goods on time.

Thanks, good advice although i dont think i will use them again. handy for others to know! I'll email the seller to see if they have a record of the address they put down and can tell me whether they did include the PM number.

For anyone who thinks their parcels been lost and thinking of making a claim please read this:

Any claim by you against us arising in respect of any service provided by us shall be made in writing and notified to us within 14 (fourteen) days of the date upon which you became or should have become aware of any event or occurrence alleged to give rise to such claim. Any not made and notified as aforesaid shall be deemed to be waived and absolutely barred except where you can show that it was impossible for you to comply with this time limit. Notwithstanding the aforementioned time limit we shall in any event be discharged of all liability whatsoever howsoever arising in respect of any service provided unless a claim is brought within 6 (six) months from the date of the event or occurrence alleged to give rise to a cause of claim against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Having used parcel motel since they started I thought the service was great until about September when parcels started arriving pretty bashed up, I then sent a parcel to another parcel motel user in November and it took 7 days to get there and when it did the box was completely beat up and the contents destroyed, despite large fragile stickers, tonnes of bubble wrap inside the box. It actually looked like whoever handled it intensionally bashed it up in spite.
    Like I said I once thought they were great until a problem arose, and when it happens to you they will fob you off for months and months, its impossible to get a claim from them even after they have admitted liability, they come up with excuses like: this is with the claims department, please allow 30days for it to process, when 30 days pass then they will tell you it is being fast tracked, they will then tell you a cheque will be out to you by post(Why not in my PM Locker?), when another 30 days pass it'll be escalated to a manager, and eventually they will stop responding to all contact and close the case, in which case if you still have any energy left and re-open it the whole excuses thing starts again.

I've noticed they have disabled user comments on their facebook page due to the amunt of bad publicity they were receiving, all the comments in the statuses now seem to be complaints and twitter is also full of complaints, after tweeting them I had numerous people contacting me saying they were in the same boat and some of them now being fobbed over over a year later.
    I can see this company going down the absolute ****ter with customer service like this! It won't be long until these things start getting broken into anyway so probably best off not using them again anyway:(

I've got to say I'm losing faith myself. Today was my 5th phone call and once again giving all the details for the 5th time to a representitve. My support request in 15days unanswered and was off line most of today.

I've got to say I'm losing faith myself. Today was my 5th phone call and once again giving all the details for the 5th time to a representitve. My support request in 15days unanswered and was off line most of today.

I received another delivery today that was only placed over the weekend. I cannot believe you are waiting 15 days. What reasons are they giving you?

The only place i got any response from them was their Facebook page. Having said thast it was a pathetic fob-off of a response but I mean to chase them up there again .. if youre going to claim you need to do it within 14 days of realising theres a problem with the parcel..all their fobbing off could put customers outside of that deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Tow

I have being using them since they started, on average on parcel a week, if not more. But, much the same as others have reported their service has deteriorated in recent times. Leaving out any delays at Christmas, I have had missing sent parcels, bashed parcels and changes to their terms of operation etc. The final straw is their lack of responses to queries sent by their Zendes support system.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

The sellers on Amazon have been fantastic and one has refunded me for the item despite it being recorded as delivered TO parcel motel, the other asked me to wait a few days (it hasnt been missing as long as the first order) and if it still hasnt arrived THEY will refund or replace the order for me.
    Parcel Motel aren't answering support emails and on the phone I was tild theyd do a search and get in contact in 24 hrs. Going by other posters experience that could go on forever.

I got through to Royal Mail today. It seems they don't have a signature on file for my parcel which was delivered to Parcel Motel in mid December. They now are investigating this a and I'll have to wait another 72 hours for a response from Royal Mail.

In the meantime my Parcel Motel request was closed once again and yet again I was asked for the same details which I've added to my support request twice emailed another representitve and over the phone about 5 times! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I got through to Royal Mail today. It seems they don't have a signature on file for my parcel which was delivered to Parcel Motel in mid December. They now are investigating this a and I'll have to wait another 72 hours for a response from Royal Mail.

In the meantime my Parcel Motel request was closed once again and yet again I was asked for the same details which I've added to my support request twice emailed another representitve and over the phone about 5 times! :mad:

I got an email yesterday from them saying your cheque(claim) will be posted to you tomorrow, and the case closed, I immediately re-opened it as I havent actually received the cheque and I've been hearing this for 2 months. Customer service is an absolute joke

Ok, my 2 orders are still missing. So far Ive emailed, submitted a 'Support Request' , after no response I emailed again and asked for the form to file a claim, no response again,
    I then telephoned (fyi youve to phone nightline and ask to be put through to PM. The first time I got through to Nightline and said (politely and neutrally!) I was calling with an enquiry about their PM service, the woman hung up.)

When I got through there was no apology or interest at all, and was told theyd ''do a search'' and would get back to me in 24 hrs. They havent.

This has the hallmarks of some kind of scam. Whether its that, or just incompetence, it needs sorting out and PM are wilfully neglecting to sort it (not just for me but for lots of ye)

Where to next? Consumer Ombudsman?

Just out of curiosity are they Amazon Parcels

Have you contacted Royal Mail?

I'm hoping to hear from them today. They have to get back to you within 72 hours.

Just out of curiosity are they Amazon Parcels

Have you contacted Royal Mail?

I'm hoping to hear from them today. They have to get back to you within 72 hours.

Hello, mine are from Amazon anyway..

I'll try contacting R.M, thanks for suggestion..
    I don't have tracking details though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Ah crap. I just signed up the parcel motel and ordered my first package through them a few days ago. Now I read this thread! Gonna be biting my nails until my package (hopefully) turns up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I get at least one parcel a week delivered through them and it's been fantastic. Not one lost parcel or delay.

Knock on wood it stays like that!

Hello, mine are from Amazon anyway..

I'll try contacting R.M, thanks for suggestion..
    I don't have tracking details though..

Your tracking number should be on your Amazon order details that they email you once you've paid for items.

Your tracking number should be on your Amazon order details that they email you once you've paid for items.

One of them had tracking (that's how know it was delivered to PM's Antrim depot ages ago), but none available for the other one. Amazon very kindly refunded me for the first one so I'm not too worried about it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A parcel never arrived due to my PMID not printing on the label.
    I called PM this morning,
    Within 5 minutes they had located the box and its now showing in transit.

Good service, though Im not sure why it would sit a week in the warehouse with my name and address on it and no one thinking of checking for my ID !!!

But a good result overall.

• Advertisement

I'm sure like many other carriers of Mail and goods they were overwhelmed by the influx of work at the end of 2014 and were not properly set up for it. I spoke to someone who works at DHL last week and he told me that he normally get 4 days off after Christmas Eve. This year they were so busy they got 2 days off.

I get courier deliveries most days, rarely have any problem and only small delays at that. Nightline included. Nothing stopping them responding to emails or making them fob customers off for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

A parcel never arrived due to my PMID not printing on the label.
    I called PM this morning,
    Within 5 minutes they had located the box and its now showing in transit.

Good service, though Im not sure why it would sit a week in the warehouse with my name and address on it and no one thinking of checking for my ID !!!

But a good result overall.

I got a call from PM last month asking was I expecting a delivery through them as they received a parcel with no ID. I was expecting a parcel but did not match the one they had. Anyway my parcel arrived at depot couple of days later. Excellent service, never had a problem and using them two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AnonMouse

I've been waiting for 2 parcel since the other day. Having just checked the tracking on the Parcel Motel website, it says "Proof of delivery image scanned". I definitely haven't received my goods. Hopefully, it is just the time of year, and they are struggling with a Christmas back log.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barrystealover

I tried to send a parcel using parcel motel. When I scanned the parcel is got the message " this function is temporarily unavailable ". What does this mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I tried to send a parcel using parcel motel. When I scanned the parcel is got the message " this function is temporarily unavailable ". What does this mean?

Are u sending it from the parcel motel you are registered at for deliveries? If they're different it won't work. I had the same issue and when I rang nightline they explained they had to be the same. I gave authorisation for them to log in to my account and they set up a new drop off from the parcel motel I was standing at and texted me the new code so I could do it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Morpork wrote: »
    Ah crap. I just signed up the parcel motel and ordered my first package through them a few days ago. Now I read this thread! Gonna be biting my nails until my package (hopefully) turns up!

Arrived safe and sound! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

their number isn't working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

I'm trying to use PM with tesco direct. Where do I enter my PMID on the address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

wolfpac wrote: »
    I'm trying to use PM with tesco direct. Where do I enter my PMID on the address?

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

step 2

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ordered something From China using DHL. But forgot that parcel motel was my default address. Will DHL deliver to parcel motel?

Ordered something From China using DHL. But forgot that parcel motel was my default address. Will DHL deliver to parcel motel?

Yes they will but if customs is to be paid at delivery point PM will reject the parcel, but if they send you an invoice after deliver you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭beanhead

Around the reprocessing charge, yes I got bit yesterday, and yes that makes it a little too close to home to be completely unbiased, but lets look at it a little more carefully and see it for what it is & I'll try to be as even handed as I can.

The premise of the unprocessed charge is that you are using up valuable, limited locker space which needs to be freed up for newer incoming deliveries or so you would think. This needs to happen when the lockers are full, so the premise if the Parcels which expire are removed and brought back to the depot & that's what Parcel Motel's literature would have you believe.

My delivery from the U.K was loaded into a locker in Greystones causing a txt msg to happen @19.02 on Saturday, I simply just got too caught up in work/kiddy bedtimes/kiddy mornings/Rugby/Grandparents/kid's bday to manage to pop over and collect and so on Monday @19:11 another txt msg allowing me another 24 hours - that's sensible and good practice.

Here's the thing though, 24 hours exactly from Monday 19:11 is Tuesday 19:11 & yes you guessed it, I got the reprocessed txt EXACTLY then.

I put the emphasis on the word 'exactly', since I would have assumed this reprocessing charge is to allow Parcel Motel to to utilise their own lockers which of course is essential to their business operations & also due to the cost of having to actually move the parcels back to the depot and back out to the lockers again in the near future.

BUT, since I think I can safely assume that had I arrived 19:10 on Tuesday and keyed in my unlock code, a door would have swung open and I would have got my parcel.

Here's the rub however, when I got that last txt, I got into the car and went around to the local Supervalu immeditely, I think I was there a minute after the txt in the vain hope of still retrieving it still.

Now here's the thing, there was NO SIGN of any courier moving any parcels & it was 19:13; I live right around the corner, my bad to have not acted sooner, I know.

So I am pretty sure it's safe to assume that my parcel is still languishing in a locker otherwise I would have seen a van leaving. and it could not have been moved before that txt.

So the cynic in me expects that Parcel Motel's system will simply issue me a new unlock code in a day's time when it seems like there might be enough time for a van to have taken away my parcel, then drop it back when in actuality it just sits there waiting for a new unlock code.

I feel that's an unscupilous charge...but then I coulda shoulda picked up on time. ok.

Also the warning and the 'too late' reprocessed txt msgs do not mention an associated charge, this is unsafe consumer practice.

So....a little bit of scalping, Parcel Motel social media watchers in Parcel Motel, pay attention, it's not cool find a more reasonable alternative which is not simply a revenue generator which causes bad customer relations.

My suggestion is threefold: -

1) Since the txt msg costs little or nothing, issue a last ditch txt to say get your parcel in 30 minutes or it's going to be reprocessed.

2) BE GENUINE. When you don't actually need the locker and leave the parcel there but still 'reprocess' it, charge me a lesser amount, since it's just a computer system and little or no human interaction & effort involved to issue a new code.

3) When #2 above happens, don't wait a day or two to issue me a new unlock code, it's phoney. Or is you do need a human to stab a keyboard to issue a new unlock code then consider automating that.
    "Your Parcel Motel delivery was not collected. Your parcel will be returned to our depot & reprocessed (up to 3 times). Please allow 2 working days for delivery" = untrue

Ok, there are no alternatives right now, BTW please tell the drivers to never, ever shake my parcels if they want to live, why to you think I don't order direct to my addr. you are my conduit to dangerous(but legal) materials and for that I thank you :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Recently, I clicked an order from Amazon.com forgetting that my address was defaulted to PM. It was delivered to the UK but I got an email form the courier to pay the customs charges using a British credit card
    Went to the bank to get a bank transfer and was told their minimum was 3000 euro. Nothing for it but to get the transfer from the Post Office which will do lower amounts.
    A frustrating experience folks and I pause long and hard now before ordering from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

If I was to send something to a UK address via parcel motel, how long would it take to arrive at its destination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Um my brain is not braining today so I need help with this - I ordered an item from amazon, delivered to parcel motel, now I need to return it, printed off the pre paid Royal Mail return label but it's to their UK Fife Address, can I fire this in the Irish post box or return it through Parcel Motel?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

kerash wrote: »
    Um my brain is not braining today so I need help with this - I ordered an item from amazon, delivered to parcel motel, now I need to return it, printed off the pre paid Royal Mail return label but it's to their UK Fife Address, can I fire this in the Irish post box or return it through Parcel Motel?!

Have to go through parcel motel with that label.

Go on live chat to Amazon, they'll give you a An Post label if you explain the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Have to go through parcel motel with that label.

Go on live chat to Amazon, they'll give you a An Post label if you explain the situation.

Excellent they gave me the An Post label, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

yuloni wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yes you can, you should let them know as soon as possible so it doesn't go to the locker. I assume charges would be the same as Oversize parcel €17.50.

You should check ParcelConnect might be closer to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement