Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parcel Motel

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Anyone know if you can transfer money from one Parcel Motel account to another ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Has anyone used PM to send a package to UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Tow

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Has anyone used PM to send a package to UK?

I have sent 6/7 to the UK. The company who they use for for deliveries are a disaster.

One parcel to the sister in law (London), could not be delivered as there was 'no access to the door of the building'. It I block of 'flats' and you can just drive in off the street and park in front of the door. I think the driver used Google maps, as Google brings you to a road at back of the building and he could be arsed to go around the corner and look for the entrance. She eventually had to go to their depot and collect the parcel after 3 failed deliveries.

Another parcel to Glasgow, at the start of the year went missing, never to be seen again. Parcelmotel were of no help and I eventually gave up on them ever finding it. They wanted all sorts of hoops (police reports filed in the UK etc.) to claim any compensation.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭vagazzled

Thinking of setting up an account for my xmas shopping with this crowd.
    Just wondering is it best to register with a credit/debit card or 'top up later' when registering,
    Also i've had a quickly around but can't find any promo codes, if anyone has one to share i'd be most thankful, cheers.
    I never knew there was a pick up point about a mile from me, I always thought you had to collect the parcels up North or something.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone know if you can transfer money from one Parcel Motel account to another ?

You'd have to contact them to query this,
    Why not just use the credit on the account you already have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

Anyone know an alternative company that provides a similar service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

DPD Parcel Wizard.

Parcel Connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

joujoujou wrote: »
    DPD Parcel Wizard.

Parcel Connect.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok ordering via Parcel for the first time and getting something on Amazon

Have the delivery address as Antrim but what is the phone number that you add in

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Sorry this may have been asked before but I want to buy something off amazon uk that does not ship to ireland. Can I use my uk parcel motel address and get it delivered to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

DJ90 wrote: »
    Sorry this may have been asked before but I want to buy something off amazon uk that does not ship to ireland. Can I use my uk parcel motel address and get it delivered to Ireland?

Yes you cn, or you can use Parcel Wizard by DPD or Addresspal by Anpost (careful with the over sizes)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Perfect thanks. it's just a set of headphones so there should be no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shlandy93

I have been told that if the item is coming from outside the EU to use the Northern PM adress. Why is this? Is it because it is less likely to be seized by customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

shlandy93 wrote: »
    I have been told that if the item is coming from outside the EU to use the Northern PM adress. Why is this? Is it because it is less likely to be seized by customs?

It will be stopped by HM customs alright but you will get charged at the lower UK VAT rate than the higher Irish 23% plus handling fee. It's slightly illegal as it's a form of tax evasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shlandy93 wrote: »

As far as I know Parcel motel don't except any packages where import tax has to be paid.

The last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It will be stopped by HM customs alright but you will get charged at the lower UK VAT rate than the higher Irish 23% plus handling fee. It's slightly illegal as it's a form of tax evasion.

It was probably because Customs in Dublin are known to be far more effective than their counterparts in Belfast.
    As far as I know Parcel motel don't except any packages where import tax has to be paid.

The last time I checked.

*accept

But yes, if UK Customs catch it then it'll be refused at PM in Antrim. Using PM for extra EU deliveries is a very poor idea if the value is more than €20 shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ED E wrote: »
    It was probably because Customs in Dublin are known to be far more effective than their counterparts in Belfast.

*accept

But yes, if UK Customs catch it then it'll be refused at PM in Antrim. Using PM for extra EU deliveries is a very poor idea if the value is more than €20 shipped.

Y5PIa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

I recently started using parcel motel, I got a text this morning to say my package was in my local locker, the pin number I received is 0, is this right, should it not be a 4 digit code? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Manutd623 wrote: »
    I recently started using parcel motel, I got a text this morning to say my package was in my local locker, the pin number I received is 0, is this right, should it not be a 4 digit code? Thanks

is there an actual locker at your parcel motel location.

I use Athy and the lockers were removed a couple of years ago and to retrieve your packages you need to go into the shop where the lockers were located,
    just tell the staff your name and they will dig out your package from everybody elses.
    for all these deliveries I get a pin number of "0"

could this be why you only recieved a pin of "0"

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    is there an actual locker at your parcel motel location.

I use Athy and the lockers were removed a couple of years ago and to retrieve your packages you need to go into the shop where the lockers were located,
    just tell the staff your name and they will dig out your package from everybody elses.
    for all these deliveries I get a pin number of "0"

could this be why you only recieved a pin of "0"

I say your right, its my first time using it so it could be delivered to the shop and not to a locker.
    The items I bought, I used the PM address for the shipping and billing address as I could not change the address for the billing address to my home address, does this matter?

Nope. It shouldnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Yes-- a 4 digit code has always been the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Last weekend, I popped down to my PM to deliver 2 packages. Neither scanned and when I typed in the code, I was told there was no room. Fair enough, apparently (after calling c/s) the driver had just been and so all lockers were filled. My local PM is about 20mins away, but for others, is there no way of checking before you leave whether there's room available? Seems like a missed opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know has PM increased prices to €4.50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know has PM increased prices to €4.50?

Returning or send a parcel starts at €4.50.

Collecting a parcel €3.95

Just wondering has anyone ever received a parcel on a Saturday that was 'in transit' on the Friday evening before at around half 4, I checked mine earlier and it said in transit at 16:36?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Just wondering has anyone ever received a parcel on a Saturday that was 'in transit' on the Friday evening before at around half 4, I checked mine earlier and it said in transit at 16:36?

I got a package (left in locker not home delivery) Saturday morning after it arrived in the depot the previous evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It'll be delivered to your locker tonight so or tomorrow at the latest. They deliver Monday to Saturday.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

ParcelMotel do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday don't they? Waiting for something which should be delivered today and I'm wondering will I have it by tomorrow or Sunday if ParcelMotel process quickly and on weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: I will close the thread, all the questions please put them on the main Parcel Motel thread on the sticky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement