Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Running windows 7 64-bit
    All drivers are up to date and updated framework and all that stuff as I seen it suggested elsewhere.
    Non steam games work fine and some steam games work ok too. Batman AA, not a chance will it work. Batman AC, runs perfectly. Went to start Bioshock yesterday as I hadn't played it yet (the original) and it just wouldn't work. That was the first time I noticed the problem. My name turns green on steam as if I'm in the game but nothing loads. The game is in processes on task manager but not in applications. It has left my scratching my head as to what the problem could be.
    The PC is only 2 months old also. Was looking forward to wasting cash on more games during the sale but not if this continues.

I had the same problem with Bioshock in Win 7 64Bit but got it working eventually. I'm at work now and won't get to my PC until about 9 this evening so I'll have a look then. If I don't get back to you by tomorrow send me a PM.
    But off the top of my head find the exe in the steam apps folder and change the properties to run in XP SP3/Vista compatibility mode. then in Steam, in the properties enter the command to force it to use dx9. Think had to enter
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bioshock\bioshock.exe -dx9"
    Like I said that's just off the top of my head so if that doesn't work, you can use them as a starting point in google if you want. Windows 7, steam, compatibility and dx9 can be your search words. I can't check game forums at work, though I did find this as well that I also did for audio
    http://www.consideritfixed.com/2009/10/how-to-run-bioshock-with-windows-7.html
    This fixed it first time but when I went back again, it wouldn't load so I added the dx9 bit and it worked.

Let me know if you try it and if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Final Fantasy VII just showed up on steam..

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11030/

€12.99... I don't even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

€12.99... I don't even.

its still cheaper than FFIV on android :rolleyes:

NTMK wrote: »
    its still cheaper than FFIV on android :rolleyes:

So, in it's defense, FFIV on Android is (I believe) a remake of the original, and based on the Nintendo DS version. It's also had some work done to make it work well on tablets.

FFVII on Steam... anyone know how this differs from the PC original that came out in 1998... 15 years ago!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As per CastorTroy's link, Rome Total War's prices as fallen significantly.

• Advertisement

So, in it's defense, FFIV on Android is (I believe) a remake of the original, and based on the Nintendo DS version. It's also had some work done to make it work well on tablets.

FFVII on Steam... anyone know how this differs from the PC original that came out in 1998... 15 years ago!?

i believe they updated textures and gave it a bit of a polish. To what extend im not sure? but it was updated from the original pc version

Im not defending FFVII price its about twice the price it should be imo, just highlighting squares (imo) ridiculous pricing when it comes to its older titles

i believe they updated textures and gave it a bit of a polish. To what extend im not sure? but it was updated from the original pc version

Well it's good to hear they put in some effort! I've spent hundreds (thinking about it, more likely thousands) of hours with Final Fantasy games, but Squeenix are certainly prone to milking their old stuff and putting 0 effort in.

Well it's good to hear they put in some effort! I've spent hundreds (thinking about it, more likely thousands) of hours with Final Fantasy games, but Squeenix are certainly prone to milking their old stuff and putting 0 effort in.

ya, they milk their old stuff hard. i take it you've seen the buster sword pre-order for FFXIII lightning returns?

i will probably buy it if i dont break my steam sale budget because its the first game i played on playstation and most importantly im weak:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

According to reports we will see Steam’s infamous Summer Sale start later on today, July 4th, and it will run for 11 days. If it doesn’t debut today then it is expected to start a week today on July 11th. The full list of the Steam Summer Sale items is as follows:

Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor.
    Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox,
    Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture,
    Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP,
    Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma
    Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
    Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey,
    Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash
    Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium
    Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo

Other bundles such as franchise or publisher packs.

1C Collection Pack
    Adam’s Venture Complete Bundle Retail
    Anno 2070 Pack
    Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
    Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
    Bioshock Franchise Pack
    BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
    BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
    Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
    Civilization Collection
    Command and Conquer Franchise
    Dawn of War Franchise Pack
    Dead Island Complete
    Duke Nukem Bundle
    Foreign Legion Bundle
    Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
    Majesty Franchise
    Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
    Pendulo Adventure Pack
    Railworks 3 – Summer Sale Collection
    Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
    Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
    Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
    Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
    Stardock Collection Pack
    Strategy First Complete Pack
    Sword of the Stars Franchise
    THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
    Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
    Victoria Franchise
    Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
    Wings of Prey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture,
    Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP,
    Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
    Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey,
    Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium

Am I missing something here or are they all indie games? Surely that can't be the entire list of daily deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Big Knox wrote: »
    Am I missing something here or are they all indie games? Surely that can't be the entire list of daily deals?

They look all indie, if it's true that is the worst sale that ever happened. 0% off would make for a better sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Maybe there'll be another meta-game involving them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

GarIT wrote: »
    They look all indie, if it's true that is the worst sale that ever happened. 0% off would make for a better sale.

This

indie sales usually leak first there will be AAA games but they normally dont get leaked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But then there are all the bundles which the other games would fall under.

One thing I do notice from previous sales, is there a reason the STALKER bundles usually only includes 2 games when there are 3 games released?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But then there are all the bundles which the other games would fall under.

One thing I do notice from previous sales, is there a reason the STALKER bundles usually only includes 2 games when there are 3 games released?

Bundles are usually always the same. I think theres some sort of IP rights issue with stalker and results in one of the games being left out of the bundle

Stalker SoC was published by THQ and the others were published by Deep silver iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

indie sales usually leak first there will be AAA games but they normally dont get leaked

Yeah, this has been the case before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay SR3.

wonder if i can copy over my save game

Bah, To the Moon isn't listed as one of those indie games. :mad:

(available pretty cheap elsewhere though iirc).

I hope there'll also be flash sales and/or community votes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kaimera wrote: »
    yay SR3.

wonder if i can copy over my save game

From what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Guys,just found out about this! LmG6mq1.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The full list of the Steam Summer Sale items is as follows:

Ill believe it when I see it. Thats a very poor sale list if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

During the Christmas sale they had different indie bundles on sale each day. The list CherryGhost posted is likely just that.

Have no fear, people! For Our Lord Gaben shall deliver unto us a sale beyond our wildest dreams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

From what?
    from a demo version on a friends machine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Those listings are poor but they are only the Indie and bundles. The individual games are what interests me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Halo on steam...

What if... the XBone is the new steam box! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

IIRC They had a few indie games on sale every day in the last sales so dont worry, the listed games with just be 1 of the bunch on sale each day. Plenty of skyrims and farming simulators for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Are these not the bundles from last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be honest, there are not many games I want this time around.

I will pick up anno 2070 and Sins of solar empire rebelion if they drop enough. I doubt I will be buying anything AAA this time around. I still havent even turned on once New hitman, which I got few months ago on sale...

• Advertisement

deano546 wrote: »
    Are these not the bundles from last year?

They are - the source used Softpedia as their source, and Softpedia used a year old post from Reddit. They later edited to this;
    Edit – I sourced this news story from Softpedia who used last years information. Apologies for the inconvenience don’t even bother reading this if you want to see this year’s games! – Again, sorry. We will bring you the latest ACCURATE news on the 2013 Summer Sale as soon as we get it, and link it in from here.

Advertisement