Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Trials Evolution Gold Edition.

Has this popped up at all yet or am I missing it completely?

Currently at €12.99 but I'd like to see it go to €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Trials Evolution Gold Edition.

Has this popped up at all yet or am I missing it completely?

Currently at €12.99 but I'd like to see it go to €9.99.

Have not seen it myself, and I think I have seen almost all the sales flash and daily ... Maybe it might be up before the 22nd though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Is Counter Strike Global Offensive any use?

• It's amazing some of the mods you can get! Managed to get the Hidden and it's such a great game.

This is probably one of my favourite Garry's Mod videos. NSFW.

I would love to do that!

LOL That was epic

If you are a fan of the series I would recommend it... If you have never played you will get off to a rocky start but still worth it... You could get it bundled with all CS games for €7.49 if it wins the vote... I however still suck at the game but I will still play it, I enjoy playing against the bots because then I actually get kills :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

If you are a fan of the series I would recommend it... If you have never played you will get off to a rocky start but still worth it... You could get it bundled with all CS games for €7.49 if it wins the vote... I however still suck at the game but I will still play it, I enjoy playing against the bots because then I actually get kills :P

Thanks mate, no, never played it before, but I already have Arma 2 and I was wondering about sticking in a vote for it so it'd be cheaper when if I do buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I remember Counter Strike Source being a very good game, the main problem is that its players tend to be frustratingly good at it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Bought XCOM, cant wait to get downloaded and playing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

C14N wrote: »
    I remember Counter Strike Source being a very good game, the main problem is that its players tend to be frustratingly good at it.

Granted, I've limited experience with the CS series, but it always struck me as the type of game I'd have great fun playing with friends, but would hate playing online with strangers. Bunny hopping bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Having a lot of fun with Warframe. Mindless generic fun, and can see it getting old REALLY quick so I'm not sure that tenner I spent on the upgrade stuff was worthwhile or not, but still, it's enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

COYVB wrote: »
    Having a lot of fun with Warframe. Mindless generic fun, and can see it getting old REALLY quick so I'm not sure that tenner I spent on the upgrade stuff was worthwhile or not, but still, it's enjoyable

I got starter pack too. It worked on my account. Fierce good value compared how much they sell plat for.
    I starting to like it more and more now. So far 6h played. My first weapon should be finished tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it.

An hour of Torchlight then to check is any games worth downloading me thinks :P .. Have to make up for that absolute heap of rubbish purchase of Ace of Spades .. Spawn campers in it and everything ..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

1st steam sale for myself. The damage so far:

FM13 - 8.74
    The Walking Dead - 6.24
    FTL - 2.49
    Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle - 7.99
    Chivalry - 5.74
    Witcher 2 - 4.99
    Mass Effect Collection - 11.99

Total - 48.18

Hoping to pickup dragin age origins, even though it was a daily and flash deal I missed it both times.
    Also do you need to play Witcher 1 for the story in Witcher 2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Buying Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves just because it sounds and looks so brilliantly weird. - "Combining action and strategy in a unique way, Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves transports you into an epic folktale co-written with best-selling Canadian author Bryan Perro (Amos Daragon, Wariwulf), in which two feuding brothers will have to put aside their differences to save their sister, who is pursued by the Devil himself!"

CS:GO won the vote. Would be nice to have a bunch of fellow noobs to play with, hint hint.

CS:GO won the vote. Would be nice to have a bunch of fellow noobs to play with, hint hint.

I have it already so whenever your up for a game give me a shout :P Maybe we could start off with Bots haha ..

I don't usually like RPG's, but when I do it's Torchlight 2 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Cool, I'm definitely picking up CS:GO this time for €4.76,
    I gave up trying to get it on day 1 with the server load last time.

Kinda tempted to get the complete CS pack if/when it drops to €7.49,
    anyone know if it's worth getting?
    Or is everyone migrating to CS:GO?

Moon54 wrote: »

I think it is worth it anyways, CSS is pretty damn awesome and for an extra 3euro it is well worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Jesus dont let the hardcore 1.6 or Source players hear you say that.

I'd guess (and it's only a guess) new players will be drawn to GO for the most part whereas older players will stick with the version they know and love ie 1.6 or Source.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, a lot of people still play CS:S, and I think there's still good numbers in 1.6.

18,390 32,735 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    16,308 32,284 Counter-Strike
    12,409 27,429 Counter-Strike: Source

Yeah, those are the numbers now playing, as well as the peak today.

All 3 games are nearly constant features on the steam top 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Great stuff, I think I'll pick up the pack.

Strangely, I've never been into these games before, usually preferring story-based FPS shoot 'em ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Come on payday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ok, so I normally don't play shooters as of late. Especially ones where the public servers seem to populated by people who can't go five seconds without referencing a phallic sausage. So please explain to me why I am currently tempted by CS:GO?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Payday. Nice!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jernal wrote: »
    Ok, so I normally don't play shooters as of late. Especially ones where the public servers seem to populated by people who can't go five seconds without referencing a phallic sausage. So please explain to me why I am currently tempted by CS:GO?

Because it's actually rather good :P

Why Jernal? This is why.

tumblr_lh3gceraMT1qa0krjo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

To be fair, the Counter Strike games aren't as bad as series like Call of Duty for the old pork sabre references.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

because CS preluded Modern Military Shooters and is still going strong.

• Advertisement

csgo99_zps91e0b52f.jpg

I'd have bought you all a copy at that price. :pac:

Advertisement