Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Company of Heroes for €1.99? Oh Steam, you insidious b@stard you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Deadlight any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Braid's the only pricedrop I'm waiting on now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A-10C, best combat flight sim on the market. Part of the DCS universe. AC:AH is pure muck imo and an insult to the AC series. Joystick is a must for A-10C especially a HOTAS settup. If your laptop won't run AC:AH then A-10C won't run either, it looks a million time better and more detail.

Looks amazing!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Did I seriously just read someone who can't run Ace Combat being advised to get Arma II : CO? :eek: Word of warning Arma is probably the most resource heavy game I've ever played on PC. A few AI fighter pilots on both sides will burn the hamsters in your CPU alive. Unless you have a really powerful laptop. Which given that you can't run Ace Combat? I doubt. Arma's specs are a bare minimum. Those requirements may rise exponentially depending on what you try to get the game to simulate.

Awesome bloody game though. Strongly recommend everyone tries it. :D
    It won't be to everyone's taste but it terms of Cooperate play only Swat IV and Ravenshield offer experiences as close. Find the right team/group of players and you'll be sucked into the game for months. There's probably nothing better than the experience playing a mission in Arma with only one life and relying on your buddies to communicate with you and cover areas that you can't possibly cover. Playing in a team of 8 or more functioning as one coherent unit is positively the most amazing gaming experience I had of the last decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So this finishes at 6pm on Monday, is it? Or does the last daily deal start then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jernal wrote: »
    Word of warning Arma is probably the most most poorly coded and optimized game I've ever played on PC.

*Fixed :pac:

beno619 wrote: »
    *Fixed :pac:

Very true, very true. At least with subsequent versions they got better at it. Arrowhead ran a lot better than Vanilla Arma II that's for sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

EnterNow wrote: »
    Company of Heroes for €1.99? Oh Steam, you insidious b@stard you

I had that same experience. I though, I'm done now, I have bought more games than I have time to play them and now I have one more game I may never play. Its turning into a metagame of how many games can I get for the price of one full priced game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So this finishes at 6pm on Monday, is it? Or does the last daily deal start then?

I am hoping it finishes at 2am Tuesday then I will get another Summer card :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Deadlight any good?

I loved it, great little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I am hoping it finishes at 2am Tuesday then I will get another Summer card :P

Heh, glad I'm not the only one hoping for this. :P :o

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Heh, glad I'm not the only one hoping for this. :P :o

Man I stayed up till like 7 or 8 am trading cards with randomers :o ... I got a bargain though and gave a emotion for a CS: GO card :D ..

Hoping 1 or 2 cheap games with cards up in daily sale that I will buy next... I thought with steam you could trade games when your finished with them and give some code or something out... Is this right? No?..Or is it only disc based games..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Euro Truck Simulator 2... Is it much of an improvement over the original?

I only ask because 1 is going for €2 and 2 is €7.50 and I'm incredibly cheap. :pac:

It's like comparing an on-rails shooter from the mid-90's, to Planetside 2 from today. Get ETS2, definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

When I bought Company of Heroes, I got a new item alert. I thought it was a trading card, but its actually a gift copy of Half Life 2 {I think!, still getting used to Steam :o}

I have it already, but the tags of the gift are 'tradable, not marketable'. Is this something I can give away in the Group Thread?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    It's like comparing an on-rails shooter from the mid-90's, to Planetside 2 from today. Get ETS2, definitely.

Cheers. :)

Done. Now to see if I can try and drive around France without smashing into stuff every 100meters...

EnterNow wrote: »
    When I bought Company of Heroes, I got a new item alert. I thought it was a trading card, but its actually a gift copy of Half Life 2 {I think!, still getting used to Steam :o}

I have it already, but the tags of the gift are 'tradable, not marketable'. Is this something I can give away in the Group Thread?

If I buy Company of Heroes will I get a copy of it :P .. If I didn't just get rid of my foiled card I could have given you it and few others for it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Got dark souls steam on amazon for $6.30 using gooncave, so pretty happy with that. Missed cs go as was out in the sunnnnnnshhhhhhiiiinnneeee.... So any ideas if it will be a daily deal any time soon??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jernal wrote: »
    Did I seriously just read someone who can't run Ace Combat being advised to get Arma II : CO? :eek: Word of warning Arma is probably the most resource heavy game I've ever played on PC. A few AI fighter pilots on both sides will burn the hamsters in your CPU alive. Unless you have a really powerful laptop. Which given that you can't run Ace Combat? I doubt. Arma's specs are a bare minimum. Those requirements may rise exponentially depending on what you try to get the game to simulate.

Awesome bloody game though. Strongly recommend everyone tries it. :D
    It won't be to everyone's taste but it terms of Cooperate play only Swat IV and Ravenshield offer experiences as close. Find the right team/group of players and you'll be sucked into the game for months. There's probably nothing better than the experience playing a mission in Arma with only one life and relying on your buddies to communicate with you and cover areas that you can't possibly cover. Playing in a team of 8 or more functioning as one coherent unit is positively the most amazing gaming experience I had of the last decade.

Arma 2 is playable on an i3 with Intel HD 3000 or higher, it's really not that resource intensive. Since the i series CPUs are a good deal faster than the Core 2 Duo's and more affordable. Ace Combat on the other hand is a half arsed port, it's actually much more CPU and GPU intensive as a result.

Resource: My own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Tinie wrote: »
    Got dark souls steam on amazon for $6.30 using gooncave, so pretty happy with that. Missed cs go as was out in the sunnnnnnshhhhhhiiiinnneeee.... So any ideas if it will be a daily deal any time soon??

liamgallagherlovingLAD

• Advertisement

I'm seriously tempted to buy ArmA2, just for DayZ, but completely unsure as to whether it will play properly on my laptop. It's a HP Pavilion g6 and the specs are -

Windows 8 (64 bit)
    AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (1.7 GHz [unfortunately])
    5.8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Don't want to waste the money if it turns out it won't run adequately enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

I'm seriously tempted to buy ArmA2, just for DayZ, but completely unsure as to whether it will play properly on my laptop. It's a HP Pavilion g6 and the specs are -

Windows 8 (64 bit)
    AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (1.7 GHz [unfortunately])
    5.8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Don't want to waste the money if it turns out it won't run adequately enough.

I have Arma 2 not using it. I am not fully sure how to work steam but if it were possible you could have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Steam sale so far
    Deadlight
    XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW) + DLC
    Gunpoint
    Castle Crashers 4-pack
    Surgeon Simulator
    Organ Trail: Director's Cut
    Kerbal Space Program
    ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition
    Tomb Raider Collection
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days

Not to mention the 1 or 2 games I may have bough as gifts....

I am still kicking myself for missing Civ 5 brave New world DLC. Come on last day!

Did you buy it for yourself or as a gift? I think you can't send it away if it was bought for yourself, but I'll gladly take it otherwise!

Bully won the vote so on sale for €2.50 if it had Trading Cards I would probably get it... Close call though 36% Bully and 34% Dragon Age so 30% voted the other game...

I only voted for Bully because there's a small part of me that believes if people show that they still love the game, R* might give us a sequel. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

ArmA 2 Free is a thing.

Just multiplayer.
    No HD Textures (Which, by looking at your rig won't be an issue :p )

I only voted for Bully because there's a small part of me that believes if people show that they still love the game, R* might give us a sequel. :o

I voted for bully because I'd forgotten to vote. Saw you post and then realised I wanted more trading cards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Monaco is up

EDIT: and Prison Architect tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

God damned it but I spent all day trying to buy Company of Heroes and it repeatably refused to let me till about 5:59 when it finally went through and I was over the bloody moon but alas I was about 3 seconds too late.

Advertisement