Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MONACO's mine! ALLL MINEEEEE
    Myyyyy precioussssss.:D
    Now to flay some Orcsys.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

EGriff wrote: »
    Is Fable 3 any good? I played the others on xbox and they were ok/mediocre.
    I wasn't much of a fan of the first two either. People who were, though largely see 3 as the weakest of the bunch. I downloaded it on the 360 because it was free, but I don't think I'll ever play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is star trek any good, its tempting me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Really awful, apparently.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/star-trek-the-video-game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Dark Souls for 8 euro ... tempted to buy it twice :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

No. just no.

It's funny to watch videos of people playing it. Not that much fun to play. Game is riddled with an inane of hilarious and downright stupid bugs.

This should answer your question about Star Trek -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

What do people want as a vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Pushtrak wrote: »
    What do people want as a vote?

Super Meat Boy please :D

• Advertisement

No star trek it is then.

Super Meat Boy please :D
    Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone think Metro Last Light will come further or thats the best its going to be?

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone think Metro Last Light will come further or thats the best its going to be?

I think it has been the 40% off in a previous flash sale so I doubt it will go lower. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

@Jernal, according to the maker, To The Moon isn't going on flash sale this time around, just in case you didn't want to wait till the 22nd to pick it up. I assume he's got accurate information.

Do they ever go lower? Might wait till 2am flash deals and see whats there if nothing good might get Awesomenauts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I wonder how many people were duped into buying Infestation. I almost did until I remembered it was originally WarZ. Is it actually terrible or are people not buying it for moral reasons?

Well i've read the game is still badly broken though in a better state than a few months ago. The general concensus is to avoid it like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

EGriff wrote: »
    Bloody Skyrim dlc still costs the same as the legendary edition, that's just stupid. I already have the main game. Even if they dropped them to a tenner each I might consider it. A fiver each would be better.

They just dropped to €9.99 each. Hmm I think I'll get them this time, but then again I might not. I don't know why I turn into such a cheapskate at sale time.

Does anyone that purchased CS: GO want a few games? If so add me ..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got stardrive and I think now thats me done,as I have most of the games on sale anyway :o.Unless metro last light goes wayyy lower :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Is it just me or does Bethesda or steam want to sell more an more copies of skyrim, this is the third time it's been on sale an at the same reduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Monaco worth getting LADS? After a **** week of work, I feel like treating myself.

simon360 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Bethesda or steam want to sell more an more copies of skyrim, this is the third time it's been on sale an at the same reduction.

It's the same for a lot of other stuff.
    Typically, each game on a daily deal will get one flash sale and one potential community choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Just bought Bully: Scholarship Edition for €2.50, only thing I've bought so far:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I got stardrive and I think now thats me done,as I have most of the games on sale anyway :o.Unless metro last light goes wayyy lower :o.

I know this dude on Steam called Maross80,He sells games for GREAT prices.
    You could ask him if he has any copies left,My friend got Bioshock Infinite for 14 Euro and I got Tomb Raider+Bioshock+Far cry 3 for 20 quid.
    Hes a great seller,Give him a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone see Unity of Command getting any cheaper? Its so tempting to get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Missed out on PayDay on the com. deal! Working all day really does have a lot of downfalls!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

System Shock 2 (for 2.50!!!) when its all modded and prettyfied isn't that bad looking. OK, it obviously has nothing in the looks department compared to new games but it is sharp, clear and does the job nicely. The steam version mods very easily (there's a link to handy mod instructions somebody put up earlier in this thread) and it'll run on your old Texas Instruments calculator :)

But Jaysus it hasn't lost any of the atmosphere or gameplay. I was worried that playing now after so long it wouldn't be the classic I remember but it is still a feckin' fantasic game. I'm playing through as Psi/Tech and it is damn tough until you unlock the higher level skills.

So if you missed this when it was on the flash sale, or you weren't sure about a 14 year old game (Holy Sheeeettt! I had to wiki that and now I feel depressingly old) I strongly urge you to pick it up on the final sale day assuming it drops in price again... although imo anything under a tenner and it would be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just bought Bully: Scholarship Edition for €2.50, only thing I've bought so far:rolleyes:

I bought it a while back and am playing through it now. I'd originally played it on PS2 so it's nice to play a version that actually has shadows. :pac:

Cracking game though. So much fun and makes use of a setting that's far too underused in games IMO.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Everybody needs Monaco. I've had it since launch. Best Co-op game in a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Polar101

Just bought Dawn of War: Platinum Edition - got to stop reading this thread, as I would never have bought it otherwise.

Advertisement