Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just made my first delivery in ETS2...

Someone said earlier that it was a bitch to park them? You weren't lying sir/madam! Took as long to park the ****ing thing than the actual drive itself! :pac:

It took me 9 hours and 30 minutes (in game time thankfully :P) to drive 87km. :pac: :pac:

Of the €1500 on offer, I earned €300. :D

Seriously, get this game. Or at the very least, try the demo, you'll get a few laughs if nothing else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just made my first delivery in ETS2...

Someone said earlier that it was a bitch to park them? You weren't lying sir/madam! Took as long to park the ****ing thing than the actual drive itself! :pac:

It took me 9 hours and 30 minutes (in game time thankfully :P) to drive 87km. :pac: :pac:

Of the €1500 on offer, I earned €300. :D

Seriously, get this game. Or at the very least, try the demo, you'll get a few laughs if nothing else!

Hey, pat yourself on the back. You parked!!!:D I swear one of these days I'll do it using only the interior driver's view. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

When I played ETS2, I had an option of auto parking. I took full advantage! Could park it to save my life!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just press enter I don't bother trying to park :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Edit: Doesn't work!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not sure to be honest. It includes "The Faction Pack, Tower Pack, Developer Pack, and Chronicles Pack upon their release", but I don't know if they're MP or SP or what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Keep practicing the reverse parking in ETS2. I couldn't really do it at first neither, and when I did, I used the top down view, now I can park them all no problem using interior view (and an Xbox 360 controller). Parking is probably the best bit for me :D

NB. I've removed that link above for Metro LL as I'm getting an error message on Steam when I try to activate the code - says the following games are unavailable in my country (but doesn't list any games). :(

Anyway DO NOT BUY! Sephiroth_dude, can you edit your post to remove the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think I've stopped buying, but it's the emotional journey of the thread as it explores Euro Truck Simulator that's keeping me here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Feck you all very much! Just bought ETS2 based only on the ranting on this thread. Jaysus, this sale needs to end... won't someone think of the children :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

NB. I've removed that link above for Metro LL as I'm getting an error message on Steam when I try to activate the code - says the following games are unavailable in my country (but doesn't list any games). :(

Anyway DO NOT BUY! Sephiroth_dude, can you edit your post to remove the link?

Thats because its the Online Game Code you linked to, not the actual game which is still $40.22. Online code wont work without game in your library.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

James74 wrote: »
    Feck you all very much! Just bought ETS2 based only on the ranting on this thread. Jaysus, this sale needs to end... won't someone think of the children :p

It's a decision you'll never regret but you'll never admit to your real world friends :cool:

bucks73 wrote: »
    Thats because its the Online Game Code you linked to, not the actual game which is still $40.22. Online code wont work without game in your library.

I know what I linked to. It's a Steam code which should be able to be activated in the Steam client.

I think I've stopped buying, but it's the emotional journey of the thread as it explores Euro Truck Simulator that's keeping me here.

Did you get it :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Downloading the demo for ETS2, I now hate you all for giving me the idea to play it.

Wish there was multiplayer and we could have a boards convoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Ok so let me start by saying that driving a (simulated) 40ft truck whilst drunk and blaring Led Zeppelin is a hell of a lot of fun!Parking not so much fun but I'm getting there (took around 2 mins last try, go me).After 3 deliveries the bank has decided to offer me a loan of £100k which is extremely kind of them considering I only have around 4k in the bank, I reluctantly accepted :D. Speeding tickets are very upsetting (mainly because they cost you £550) and I seem to be getting a lot of them for some reason, possibly speeding!
    This game is awesome so far, in fact I'd nearly go as far as saying Truck Driving rpg's are my new favorite game genre...nearly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Once you guys get into ETS2 more, then comes the real fun - turning off the limiter in the game options. Hello, barrelling down the motorways at 130km/h!

What's ETS1 like? Thinking of giving it a go considering it's under 2 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Like a PS1 game. Mechanics are totally different - you start in one country, and you have to pay to unlock your ADR and to unlock access to other countries. No setting up a trucking empire.

• Advertisement

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Like a PS1 game. Mechanics are totally different - you start in one country, and you have to pay to unlock your ADR and to unlock access to other countries. No setting up a trucking empire.

Seconds after posting that I though "fuck it" and got number 2.

Did you get it :D?

Not yet. But... it's probably only a matter of time. :D

You guys are making such a good case. And nobody wants to be boardsie no mates. Thing is, I spent so long secretly wondering what the hell people were at buying it back when I worked in Game that I feel like I'm not allowed. :(

I bet somebody at Steam is wondering wtf this thing is suddenly flying out the door to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Garry's mod purchased, now this agonizing wait for 2am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Are there really that many people that haven't played Euro Truck Sim 2 until this sale? Shame on you people.

Do I really want to spend seven hundred and forty nine cent to pretend to do something I'd have to be paid to do in reality. That is the question.

Do I really want to spend seven hundred and forty nine cent to pretend to do something I'd have to be paid to do in reality. That is the question.

It'll be the best 7.49 you ever spent :pac:

Until Logitech, Razer or someone releases an overhead-pull-cord-big-rig-air-horn peripheral, I have no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

BOOM :D

39874906.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Caved and bought Euro Truck Sim 2

I have literally zero idea what to expect here...

• Advertisement

Nothing for me again in the latest flash deals or vote. Ho hum.

Although if you're only picking up FTL now, get it cheaper on their own site.

Advertisement