Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

COYVB wrote: »
    Caved and bought Euro Truck Sim 2

I have literally zero idea what to expect here...

I'm so close to doing the same. I can somewhat justify it as I enjoy simulation/management games (ah, Capitalism 2!) but really I've bought enough already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

FTL why you have to be on sale again :( Now I can't resist, or can I.... Once again Steam wins :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It gets annoying when you see some games going on special for the third time or so, yet the one you're waiting for hasn't appeared yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've only played for a half hour or so, but I feel confident saying Monaco is an absolute gem. Fun, ingenious mechanics, but it all comes together when everything goes to **** :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've only played for a half hour or so, but I feel confident saying Monaco is an absolute gem. Fun, ingenious mechanics, but it all comes together when everything goes to **** :D
    Let's see what you say next Friday when you realise you've lose an entire week of your life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've heard its brilliant co-op but what about the single player?

Most of my friends are morons so I don't hold out hope that they would get the game. Modern Yawnfare 7? Yes. This? probably not. :(

Anyone out there have any reason's why I should not buy FTL it would be appreciated :P

Anyone out there have any reason's why I should not buy FTL it would be appreciated :P

If you truly only have 17 PC games I'm struggling to come up with a reason. :P

This sale has been pretty good to me, I've gotten quite a few games that I've had my eye on for the past 6+ months where I said I'd wait until the sale and I've gotten them all at a deep discount.

There are a couple of games I want that have no discount on them at the moment, or have a small discount but are very niche so unlikely to pop up in the big sales. Still, there's hope... :D

nesf wrote: »
    If you truly only have 17 PC games I'm struggling to come up with a reason. :P

16 of the finest....

Ace of Spades being the one that doesn't belong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Ace of Spades being the one that doesn't belong...
    I tried to warn ye all...

I tried to warn ye all...

But, but .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

But, but .... :(

Do ya know what the worst part is?

The classic is still alive and free

Do ya know what the worst part is?

The classic is still alive and free

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLnxc6TrCuBVPPOSTXADfY-dDbfsnLaCIXA1sZ3zvkxHfqkS-m2g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I don't know if it's hard or I just suck at it. Maybe both. Though, it isn't hard in a way that I don't want to play it, so it isn't that much a negative.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I don't know if it's hard or I just suck at it. Maybe both. Though, it isn't hard in a way that I don't want to play it, so it isn't that much a negative.

Already bought it now :p If I seen this earlier I probably would have sided against it, not much of a fan for hard games ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Found some deals on non-Steam sales:

--Nuuvem--
    According to an email I got from Nuuvem apparently these are the following sales prices for games:
    (1 BRL = 0.334E / 1E = 2.95 BRL)

Bioshock Infinite = E16.70
    BL2 = E6.70 (Saturday daily deal)
    XCOM = E6 (Sunday daily deal)
    CIV V: Gold Edition = E6 (Monday??)

Bioshock 1 = E3
    Bioshock 2 = E3
    BL1 GOTY = E3.33
    BL2 Season Pass = E6.67
    Civilisation = E3.33
    Civilsation: Gods = E7.77
    Civilsation III Complete, IV and V Gold = E10

**I do not speak Portugese so the daily deal info may be off, used XE currency converters for the Brazilian Real -> Euro conversion**

--GetGames--

Choose 4 indie games for E6/$8, ends 4pm BST Monday:

The Binding of Isaac
    Two Worlds II
    Serious Sam: Double D
    Space Colony HD
    Ampu-Tea
    Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
    The Basement Collection
    Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos
    Talisman Prologue
    Lunar Flight
    Transcripted
    Dark Scavenger
    Kairo
    Q.U.B.E.
    The Trouble With Robots
    Radical Roach
    Gemini Rue
    Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    Reef Shot
    Krunch
    Astroloco: Worst Contact
    Tower of Elements
    Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman
    Stardrone
    Darkout
    Hypersonic 4
    I am VEGEND - Zombiegeddon
    Chompy Chomp Chomp
    BattleBall
    Anki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Caved and got Euro Trucker. I genuinely don't understand why.

Out of interest, do all the male trucker avatars look like artist's impressions of meth addicts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

so is Fallout NV worth €5? I had Fallout 3 on the xbox and enjoyed but not as much as the Elder Scrolls games. once i finihsed the main story line that was it, never went back to it. Is New Vegas better than Fallout 3, is there many mods for it that might give more life to it like skyrim on the steam workshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    so is Fallout NV worth €5? I had Fallout 3 on the xbox and enjoyed but not as much as the Elder Scrolls games. once i finihsed the main story line that was it, never went back to it. Is New Vegas better than Fallout 3, is there many mods for it that might give more life to it like skyrim on the steam workshop.

Yeah. Wasn't a big fan of the dlc. Even get the one for €2.50. Not sure about the mods. Only recently started replaying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

New Vegas is a brilliant game and there's no better time to play it given that the game crippling bugs that plagued it upon release are long fixed. The DLC I have to say is pretty medicore, Old World Blues is great though. There's also a good fan mod released called Project Brazil, so far only Part one of three is available, has its own cinematics and huge wasteland.

For the sake of 2.49 the DLC is well worth getting though, I purchased each individually at almost a tenner each when they were released and although most of them were a bit of a waste, at 2.49 for everything, it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is Towns worth picking up now?

Ive been tempted to pick it up before but have always been put off by people saying it's still buggy and in the development process.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Do I really want to spend seven hundred and forty nine cent to pretend to do something I'd have to be paid to do in reality. That is the question.
    It'll be the best 7.49 you ever spent :pac:
    COYVB wrote: »
    Caved and bought Euro Truck Sim 2

I have literally zero idea what to expect here...
    nesf wrote: »
    I'm so close to doing the same. I can somewhat justify it as I enjoy simulation/management games (ah, Capitalism 2!) but really I've bought enough already...
    Caved and got Euro Trucker. I genuinely don't understand why.

Out of interest, do all the male trucker avatars look like artist's impressions of meth addicts too?

Fúck all of you. Damn peer pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is Towns worth picking up now?

Ive been tempted to pick it up before but have always been put off by people saying it's still buggy and in the development process.

This. I am also interested in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Angron wrote: »
    It gets annoying when you see some games going on special for the third time or so, yet the one you're waiting for hasn't appeared yet.

Yeah been waiting on Dead Space 1 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 to come on a daily or flash deal since it started and still nothing. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

nope, get it, its a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Pushtrak wrote: »

FTL is a fantastically hard fun game go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I'm worried that i found driving in Euro Trucker oddly calming and relaxing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Community’s Choice voting done for good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah been waiting on Dead Space 1 and Test Drive Unlimited 2 to come on a daily or flash deal since it started and still nothing. Annoying.

Dead Space 1 & 2 are currently on sale on Origin, along with a selection of other 'classic' games. If you can tolerate switching between Steam and Origin, Dead Space is €3 and Dead Space 2 is €5.

The classic game sale is running until the 23rd, so I guess you could hold out for a Steam offer until then! I picked up Medal of Honor Airborne for €1.50. Took me about an hour of googling launch errors to get working, but still a fun game.

Advertisement