Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Skyrim DLC is half price on gamefly until tomorrow for anyone interested. About €17 for both Dragonborn and Dawnguard. I'm gonna hold off myself to see how low they go on the steam sale since I only paid a fiver for the PC version of Skyrim.

Good value on the Fallouts too at a fiver each.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-games/browse/?ids=5002231,5004105,5001544,5004488,5004822,5005401,5002126,5001843,5006022#.UdWaKPnrx_g

Does anyone know if installing the DLC will screw up the mods I already have installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Priority is Rayman.
    Has anyone here ever had a problem with some games not starting up when you go to play them on steam? Been trying to figure out the problem all day and tried every trick google has thrown up but no use. Even uninstalled steam and 200+ GB of games and nothing.

No use buying games on the summer sale if half of them won't work for me :(

Yep, Sins of a Solar Empir: Trinity and a few others that I can't recall never launch direct from Steam for me. I have to go into the game directories and do the deed manually. Then save a shortcut to desktop. For some reason launching the game via Steam just leads to a background process running and no more. Other games have little quirks too but you'll generally find what ever solution you are looking for in the steam game forums and loads of other cool little tweaks. Like how to get the game to play in higher resolutions. Play multiplayer online etc. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Drumroll please Benny

top-cat-drum-roll-2-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please not this week, please not this week, please not this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Bah! No sale this week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Denied!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Please not this week, please not this week, please not this week!

Doesn't seem to be.

L4D2 free weekend is up now.

Edit:Steam seems to have **** itself for a few minutes. Back now.

Actually delighted it didn't start today. Just found out I got only 12 GB of space free.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jernal wrote: »
    Actually delighted it didn't start today. Just found out I got only 12 GB of space free.:eek:

HD space doesn't matter, it's all about collecting the games, you don't need to download it.

• Advertisement

HD space doesn't matter, it's all about collecting the games, you don't need to download it.

Yeah I do. I wanna download Rayman. But right now I wanna download Sonic. :p
    What a fracking deal!? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Woohoo! Next Thursday is payday so bring it on.

Jernal wrote: »
    Yeah I do. I wanna download Rayman. But right now I wanna download Sonic. :p
    What a fracking deal!? :eek:

Well pox on you.

I didn't need to know about Sonic.

Well pox on you.

I didn't need to know about Sonic.

Well now that you do you can tell me which one to play first. :p
    (Once I've figured out a way to free up space for it. Do I really need this Windows folder? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Feck it anyway, it was an error and I missed it. Sonic Hits Collection back up to €27.99

Feck it anyway, it was an error and I missed it. Sonic Hits Collection back up to €27.99

Same. Didn't purchase, was going to get it later.

:(

And Mean Bean Machine would be where I'd have started.

Had a feeling it might be an error as it was way too good to be true. :D
    It was true for me though. :D
    tumblr_m26cbdtfng1qh59n0o1_500.gif?w=562

Still need to free up space.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so no steam sale today eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I seen the sales list that some one put up and it was bloody terrible, It's my first steam sale and I was hoping to get a deal on some triple A games like skyrim or something along those lines, Is it just ****ty indies in the sale

I seen the sales list that some one put up and it was bloody terrible, It's my first steam sale and I was hoping to get a deal on some triple A games like skyrim or something along those lines, Is it just ****ty indies in the sale

Don't mind that. Steam Sales are always good. I would put money on Skyrim being 50-66% off at some point.

Those Indie bundles are just a fraction of what the Steam Sale is all about.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clearing that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

But it's not the sales list, it's just the usual internet codology

Fear not, the sale will include a large number of top titles and classics

The first steam sale is always the best. The latter ones always pale in comparison. Partly because you already bought the stuff you wanted in the first sale and also because you feel guilty about not actually having played half the stuff you bought. You swear to rectify your mistakes this time around but you fall into the same trap. So you swear that the next sale will be different. It's a vicious circle. But boy! is it fun. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I used to give d'mother and some friends grief over the Next sale. Never understood the point of spending all your money at one point in the year and loads of stuff you're never going to use/wear.

Then I had my first Steam sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I like to download them too. It's why I've got 5.5TB total space in my computer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This year is my first sale. Credit card is clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Vojera wrote: »
    If your limit is more then 100, god help you :pac:

Vojera wrote: »

Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

tumblr_llxbj9J0Yk1qjr09ro1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

Feels like christmas

Advertisement