Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Digy123 wrote: »
    Also,For Gmod to run properly it is V that you download Half Life 2 Episode 2 and Counter Strike Source.
    This is because alot of modders in the Garrys Mod community take textures and models from those games.

nope dont have any of those games, ahh well at least it was only 2.49, proberrly just download a bit of it here and there over a few weeks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Missed the rising storm sale I was painting but could I expect to see it in the steam sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Missed the rising storm sale I was painting but could I expect to see it in the steam sale

Can't say for certain but it's very likely there's at the very least be a publisher's discount on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Has the sale started? First bit of Internet I've had on holidays!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

simon360 wrote: »

Yea come home quick!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I highly doubt it's today but we will have to wait and see.....With Valve....You never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

simon360 wrote: »

Nope nothing yet, you'll know when this thread explodes with omgOMGOOOOMMMGG i got xxxxx for only €xx in the steam summer sale!!!1one!

Nope nothing yet, you'll know when this thread explodes with omgOMGOOOOMMMGG i got xxxxx for only €xx in the steam summer sale!!!1one!

Dang when I saw the end of your post I'd thought it started. :( It was almost as bad as a bump of the HL3 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jernal wrote: »
    Dang when I saw the end of your post I'd thought it started. :( It was almost as bad as a bump of the HL3 thread.

Nothing is as bad as a bump in the HL3 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

hBE0CFB8C

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have been hearing that the 11th will be the start date, although again that is just speculation.
    Could there be a discount on company of heroes 2 and red orchestra rising storm

I doubt CoH 2 will be on sale, but Tripwire Interactive are usually very savy when it comes to making the most of Steam sales so I would not be surprised to see Rising Storm feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I have been hearing that the 11th will be the start date, although again that is just speculation.

I doubt CoH 2 will be on sale, but Tripwire Interactive are usually very savy when it comes to making the most of Steam sales so I would not be surprised to see Rising Storm feature.

Yeah, I doubt it as well. But, I would love to see some sort of a discount, maybe 20% off the upgrade to the Collector's Edition? Really loving the ToW missions :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Its mad how overhyped the steam sale has become lately. gone are the sales of ridiculous discounts of yesteryear if the past few sales are anything to go by. To newbies to the steam sales, dont have crazy expectations of discounts on brand new games as you will be left disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

do we have a confirmed date of when the sale is starting yet gents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Looking like July 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

The consensus seems to be this Thursday, 11th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its mad how overhyped the steam sale has become lately. gone are the sales of ridiculous discounts of yesteryear if the past few sales are anything to go by. To newbies to the steam sales, dont have crazy expectations of discounts on brand new games as you will be left disappointed.

Were brand new games ever really discounted hugely though? Back in the mid 2000's a lot of the major games on Steam were arriving a few months after they had hit retail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Were brand new games ever really discounted hugely though? Back in the mid 2000's a lot of the major games on Steam were arriving a few months after they had hit retail.

Well not really, but what im saying is, a lot of people who are saying this is their first ever steam sale, seem to be thinking that it will be big discounts on new games when it wont be anything like that really.

Also, sales on older games aren't as good as they used to be. Im hoping its a return to form for this sale. The past christmas sale was pretty dirt IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was it really, or did you already own a **** load of the games you were interested in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

was it really, or did you already own a **** load of the games you were interested in

Isn't that what we do every Sale ?

Im hoping its a return to form for this sale. The past christmas sale was pretty dirt IMO.
    I think Xmas' sale was very good actually, however, I didn't buy half as much as normal...but that was due to previous sales and me having bought 'franchise' and 'developer' packs that would have contained most of the games on offer.

I think this is the case now for many people.

You aren't gonna buy a pack that has 75% off and has 10 games, if you already own 8 of them...such as iD or Valve etc

If you are expecting new AAA titles to be 50-75% off you need to get a grip, the likes of Bioshock Infinite might go to 25-33% , but that's about it I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Torchlight 2 (€5 -€10)
    Trial Evolution Gold Edition (€10 -€15)
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (€20)

That's all I'm really aiming for, and what I'd like to be paying. Am I being realistic? Mortal Kombat is a brand new release so the most it would ever get is 20-25% off. The rest will be stuff that has a really good deal or a lot of recommendations.

Well not really, but what im saying is, a lot of people who are saying this is their first ever steam sale, seem to be thinking that it will be big discounts on new games when it wont be anything like that really.

Yep your right there, it is quite rare that a new release is put on sale. The publishers have a say as to whether a game goes on sale, and most of them don't fancy the idea of applying big reductions to a game which has only been released recently.

The consensus seems to be this Thursday, 11th.

braveheart-hold-original.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Torchlight 2 (€5 -€10)
    Trial Evolution Gold Edition (€10 -€15)
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (€20)

That's all I'm really aiming for, and what I'd like to be paying. Am I being realistic? Mortal Kombat is a brand new release so the most it would ever get is 20-25% off. The rest will be stuff that has a really good deal or a lot of recommendations.

Torchlight usually goes down to 5-10
    Trials is £7.99 on GMG (dont know euro price)
    MK9 is $30 (~€24) on amazon.com which i doubt will drop below 23/24 euro this sale

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭shane7218

Hoping it starts this Thursday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

No weekly or Monday-Thursday deals means we're good to go for this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

I swear last week it was Tuesday - Thursday for those deals

Hears6 wrote: »

Weekly deals were announced on monday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Hears6 wrote: »

midweek madness is tuesdays to thursdays i think, the other standard ones usually start on eva mundy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Weekly deals can take a bit of time to come up though. They dont always pop up straight at 6pm, but weve known for a few weeks now that the sale is the 11th.

Advertisement