Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Credit Union is good for short term loans.

were getting loans for the sale now, my god people will be in debt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Looking to pick up the following :

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition.

Borderlands 2 + pass to gift to my Son.

Spec Ops The Line.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition.

The rest will all be on a whim , like every other Steam sale :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

not really sure if i have anything in particular in mind, i just made €10 from selling trading cards so might just stick to that for a few smaller indie games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

How do you get these trading cards?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

How do you get these trading cards?

You have to play games that have trading cards for them, and you get them by doing certain things in game.

Ah Lord. Do they accept old Yughio cards by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Ah Lord. Do they accept old Yughio cards by any chance?

Of course. Slap it into your CD Drive and it'll transfer onto your steam account :pac:

Will a floppy disk drive work???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Tinie wrote: »
    You have to play games that have trading cards for them, and you get them by doing certain things in game.

No, you just get them for having the game open. You don't have to do anything specific in the games, you can literally just open up the game, tab out, do something else and a card will appear in your inventory every 30 mins or so.

• Advertisement

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    No, you just get them for having the game open. You don't have to do anything specific in the games, you can literally just open up the game, tab out, do something else and a card will appear in your inventory every 30 mins or so.

Really? I thought it was that you had to do something specific like whats written on the card.

What are the chances of FTL coming down in a sale?

What are the chances of FTL coming down in a sale?

Keep checking the official website, it goes on sale for $2.50 (steam key) regularly enough and steam wont beat that price for a long time if ever as its popular. the only time it will be that is if its in a humble bundle down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Tinie wrote: »
    Really? I thought it was that you had to do something specific like whats written on the card.

There's nothing written on the cards, just pictures of characters, locations etc. There are about 8 (some games have other amounts) for each participating game and you get any 4 random cards from that 8 from drops (you may get duplicates) and have to trade to get the others so you can craft a badge.

Okay, written under the cards then in the description then. For example in FTL, it tells you the ships details and name, and I presumed its when you come into contact with that ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Trading cards are dropped completely at random during play. Has nothing to do with where you are in the game.

The only times they are different is that buying stuff from certain in-game stores will increases your chances of more drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

The only times they are different is that buying stuff from certain in-game stores will increases your chances of more drops.

Yeah, F2P games like TF2, DOTA2 etc require you to spend in-game to be eligible for the initial card drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'll be keeping an eye on this sale, but to be honest, there's nothing I really want at the moment.

can I quote you on that? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Skerries wrote: »
    can I quote you on that? ;)

See, my get out clause is "at the moment"

:D

steamsalegif1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,083 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do the cards drop if you just leave the game at the opening screen or do you have to be actually in the middle of it playing?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Do the cards drop if you just leave the game at the opening screen or do you have to be actually in the middle of it playing?

You can literally go as far as the menu screen, alt-tab to desktop, and you'll still get the cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The cards drop purely based on the passage of time that Steam regards the game as running. Leaving it at the title screen and alt-tabbing it just as vald as playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Not sure about that, but you definitely can idle in game at least, you don't have to be actively playing. I would guess it's sufficient to have launched the game.

Edit: As above then.

Why amint I waking up to mad deals :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Why amint I waking up to mad deals :(

Give it to around 6pm when the current deals end then we should be a go for mad deals :D

Just hand me Dishonored (again) and FTL and I'll call this a good sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Going to cinema this evening so won't be home until about 9. Leave something for me. :)

Oh and Happy Steam Sale Day. May the prices be ever in your favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Not long now lads....

He's watching....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just hand me Dishonored (again) and FTL and I'll call this a good sale

I picked up FTL for around 1.50 last week. Not a chance the sales will beat that!

I'm hoping prison architect comes down quite a bit, although I'm not expecting it. Looks like a good game, but for 20 odd quid, it's a bit expensive for me.

Advertisement