Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Anyone wrote: »
    Havent bought a game on the pc since this time last year, and I also upgraded my pc a few months back so it can run all games........be honest.....how bad is this going to be?

Bad....

Just remember wait for something to go on a flash/daily deal before purchasing. If it didn't go on one of those deals, buy it on the final day of the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AndersBreivik

Prison architect could be a good Call to, looks like good fun. has anybody played it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Prison architect could be a good Call to, looks like good fun. has anybody played it?

I've read mixed things about it but that was a while back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

who wants to wager this is what we'll all see come 6pm?

iGZNtPR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

who wants to wager this is what we'll all see come 6pm?

Well, it wouldn't be traditional...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Davis of the Warpzone gets a bit ahead of himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I hope to get Skyrim, Farcry and rising storm and maybe a few indies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I hesitated in buying Fallout 3 GOTY for a fiver. Thats how careful we are.

That's a poor amateur decision, that's is a big mistake if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

nesf wrote: »
    I've read mixed things about it but that was a while back.

It's in beta, or alpha or whatever this "buy it while it's still in development, just give us cash!" version of game development is. That's the main thing to be aware of when buying it, it'll certainly get more features and hopefully you'll like them when you spot it in your games list during a bout of "I have nothing to play!" a few months from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

GarIT wrote: »
    That's a poor amateur decision, that's is a big mistake if I ever saw one.

Hesitated. Once evaluated I realised it was a mad deal and promptly bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this going to be ..wait for it.. legendary, legendary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Blood Dragon looks like mad fun.

Have Blood Dragon though the AMD Never Settle Bundle :)

Picked up Burnout paradise last night :)

Playing through Tomb Raider right now and still have Bioshock Infinite + the THQ humble bundle in my library.

I have more games than time to actually play them and will no doubt own a lot more by the end of this week :rolleyes:

Once you get over the initial outlay this PC gaming business is ridiculously cheap :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Cue David Attenborough voiceover:
    It's here, during Steam sales, we see the 'Master Race' reduced to gibbering, bumbling lunatics, stocking up on amazing deals that will never darken the '100% download bar'... Yes. Even they have their weakness...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Im only have €15 on me account and thats all I can afford atm...Anyone think this is enough to pick up some good deals for my first steam sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When will the first misprice occur? Do they honour misprices?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If you get in in time, I believe so. I know someone on boards got the Sonic collection when it was mispriced, and I don't think it was taken from them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When will the first misprice occur? Do they honour misprices?

They honoured a misprice on Sleeping Dogs DLC for me previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yeah, they definitely honour them if you're quick enough to get them. I remember Sleeping Dogs being mispriced last August or so at €4 and there were no issues for those of us who took advantage of the deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Angron wrote: »
    If you get in in time, I believe so. I know someone on boards got the Sonic collection when it was mispriced, and I don't think it was taken from them.

I got the sonic collection for €7 and it's still in my inventory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

If someone finds a misprice can they please post the deal here so nobody else misses out? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tinie wrote: »
    Well then that proves it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Digy123 wrote: »
    If someone finds a misprice can they please post the deal here so nobody else misses out? :p

the best place to follow I find is www.reddit.com/r/gamedeals/new

They always find the best deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Tinie wrote: »

Me too :) Played a lot of Sonic Generations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Angron wrote: »

I got that misprice and still in my account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

How long do the flash sales last for usally? ie how often do I need to be checking my phone at work to make sure I don't miss out on the sale of the year in one of the flash sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    How long do the flash sales last for usally? ie how often do I need to be checking my phone at work to make sure I don't miss out on the sale of the year in one of the flash sales.

6 or 8 hours i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Im only have €15 on me account and thats all I can afford atm...Anyone think this is enough to pick up some good deals for my first steam sale?

Yes as long as your not expecting triple A titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Sure they mightn't even have flash sales. They change the structures of the sales a little each time. Last time it was about 10 hours for each one. For the voted flash sales last time, if you checked in the last half hour, you could see what was next and buy the current one, which would save some time.

Right, it's time to go to the steampowered homepage soon...
    f5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd say you'd be pretty good at it given the username...

Advertisement