Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Whats all this crap about cards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Now dont lynch me here, but many gamers treat the Summer Sale like the second coming of Jesus, and as a result, Valve just don't seem to put nearly as much oomph into them as they used to.

All the while, sites like Amazon and GMG have undercutting steam consistently over the year. It's high time we moved past the OMG STEAM SUMMER SALE - HL3 CONFIRMED rubbish, until they prove that they're capable of winning us back. lets face it, id bet top dollar that you could have gotten all these games for cheaper over the last few months. Lets hope the next deals are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Digy123 wrote: »
    Anyone see the publisher packs?

They don't seem to be intuitively listed but if you search individual games you can get a guess at the discounts being offered for each publisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I've been holding out long enough for Bioshock. Pulled the trigger at 25 yoyo.

Nothing else I want on there at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Falthyron wrote: »
    Barely 15 minutes have passed and you are already writing off the sale? :rolleyes:

I don't know where you read that in my post.

I do admit that I'm a bit jaded with Steam sales at this stage. It used to be like Christmas coming up. Now with sales going on throughout the year on competing sites, Christmas day every week just loses the wow factor. Without a doubt there will be something I'm interested in at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

titan18 wrote: »
    20% off, as a daily deal, on the first day is a pretty poor offer, no matter what the game.

It's gone to -40% now. They must have heard you :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

LOL, Bioshock Season Pass 50% off, I'd feel sick if I bought that already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

That's an awful price for Skyrim, I got it for a fiver before christmas from Gamefly or somewhere like that. Granted there was no DLC with that version but the DLC is stupidly overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    It's gone to -40% now. They must have heard you :P

Skyrim and Don't Starve got further reductions in the last few minutes. Both are now at 40% off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I thought I had prepared my body for this, but I was wrong :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's €20 on GMG at the moment with the 20% voucher code.

GMG20-F202F-UI40F

Don't mean to upset you or anything but it's €15 here.
    Ok, it's actually jumped up to €17.79:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Sarn wrote: »
    I don't know where you read that in my post.

I do admit that I'm a bit jaded with Steam sales at this stage. It used to be like Christmas coming up. Now with sales going on throughout the year on competing sites, Christmas day every week just loses the wow factor. Without a doubt there will be something I'm interested in at some stage.

It is still a great sale.

€8.39 for Don't Starve
    €8.99 for Dragon Age Origins
    €2.12 for Hotline Miami
    €4.99 for Left 4 Dead 2

For under €25 you would get hours and hours of gaming right there. I think our judgement on Steam Sales have become affected by the fact that we already own everything we want. For someone new to Steam or PC gaming, that is a lot of entertainment for 25 euro and its only the first hour.

The publisher discounts seem to be up if you click their page.

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Bethesda%20Softworks

40 to 50% off most stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Mass Effect on sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cs go and hotline miami for under 7e.

finally managed to purchase.

pity the download speeds are crap atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Thought this was a little funny.
    CjyJVJB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,714 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

50% off Dragonborn. Worth it or wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I think I'll go for Counter Strike:GO for €4.75 (-66% Off)

It might go for -75% at some time during the sale, but
    for the sake of 50 cent difference, I think I'll go for it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, €4. Tempted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They have a poll for what'll go on sale. There is an option for 66% off Dishonored or Borderlands 2 or 40% off Far Cry 3. I have all 3 games, so I don't really need to vote, but if there are people here who need an extra vote towards a certain direction, just post it here. First one to respond wins, I guess for whatever my vote would be worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well, all the games on my wishlist are on sale.

I presume for games that aren't fairly new, 50% off is worth passing over?

Stuff like Far Cry 3?

Edit: Now it's 25%. Changed or I just misread it.. Not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You can get it for €10 elsewhere.

Overheal wrote: »

A tenner is still too much, a tenner for it and Dawnguard would be fair if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pushtrak wrote: »
    They have a poll for what'll go on sale. There is an option for 66% off Dishonored or Borderlands 2 or 40% off Far Cry 3. I have all 3 games, so I don't really need to vote, but if there are people here who need an extra vote towards a certain direction, just post it here. First one to respond wins, I guess for whatever my vote would be worth.

Far Cry 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Overheal wrote: »

I don't think it'll drop any further because Skyrim is on flash sale, so max discount is on dlc too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

So all bethesda games are 40% off and skyrim is 40% off as a flash sale?

Not much for me yet, I could wait for any of the games I am interested in to go cheaper Guess I'll have to play one of the games I already own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Far Cry 3

€17 on g2play.net

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm will dont starve get cheaper hmmm

• Advertisement

Digitalism wrote: »
    Now dont lynch me here, but many gamers treat the Summer Sale like the second coming of Jesus, and as a result, Valve just don't seem to put nearly as much oomph into them as they used to.

All the while, sites like Amazon and GMG have undercutting steam consistently over the year. It's high time we moved past the OMG STEAM SUMMER SALE - HL3 CONFIRMED rubbish, until they prove that they're capable of winning us back. lets face it, id bet top dollar that you could have gotten all these games for cheaper over the last few months. Lets hope the next deals are better.

I don't think Left 4 Dead 2 has been matched anywhere. Apart from the Humble Bundle, Hotline Miami wasn't any way near as cheap on any of the other sites. Likewise for Scribblenauts. CS:GO and those are ones who's prices I've been observing over the course of the year. There's probably others too. I think the Bioshock deal though isn't great.

However, I agree with your general point these sales don't have the same impact they used to thanks in part to our libraries having a lot of the stuff already and also due to the competition from other distributors. What a great time it is to be a PC gamer. :D

Advertisement