Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Should I pick up rising storm for 13

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any good RPG's on sale, besides Elder Scroll games or The Witcher games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Got Endless Space, one down, one to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JaffOs

Most of my wish list is between 66% and 75% off so i am happy with it already, still i am not sure should i hold off for that extra few percent off :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Was hoping for something better off Kerbal Space Program and Prison Architect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Took over half an hour but I finally bought To The Moon at -70%. Let it be the first of many!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Was hoping for something better off Kerbal Space Program and Prison Architect.

Wait for a Daily or Flash deal. They may come down further yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Just got all the Oddworld games for less than 6 euro! Those games were my childhood :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

All these CD-Key websites ruined steam sale hype for me. Almost anything that is on sale is cheaper elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Really hope Prison Architect goes down around the €10 mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

nesf wrote: »

I'm curious about that, what is it? :o

Targets so far.

Monaco : €9.32
    Rayman : €9.74
    Anno 2070 DLC Expansion : €19.49

Gonna wait to see if they get discounted more. :)
    (Potential : Xcom.)

Ok, not a good combination. Getting a "your sale could not go through message" followed a few minutes later by a "Thank you for your purchase" email. Really, would it kill them to hire out a bunch of extra servers twice a year. :P

Falthyron wrote: »
    Wait for a Daily or Flash deal. They may come down further yet :)

Yeah that's the plan. Around the 10E mark and they have my money. Don't really expect it to go that far but still :P

Jernal wrote: »
    I'm curious about that, what is it? :o

Targets so far.

Monaco : €9.32
    Rayman : €9.74
    Anno 2070 DLC Expansion : €19.49

Gonna wait to see if they get discounted more. :)
    (Potential : Xcom.)

The Anno stuff was heavily discounted last time around and Ubisoft tend to flog the death out of things so you should get your wish. :)

Might get GTA IV to get me ready for V. Haven't played IV yet and a tenner seems alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got Dungeons of Dredmor for a euro.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Might get GTA IV to get me ready for V. Haven't played IV yet and a tenner seems alright.

First rule of the sale.
    If it's not on a daily deal or flash sale DON'T buy it until the last day of the sale.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oooh that looks cool, is a lot of it multiplayer or is it mostly single player? did you get gold?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Xenji wrote: »

You mind telling me the download size of it? Have a limited bandwidth per month and dont want to use it all up

• Advertisement

The Anno stuff was heavily discounted last time around and Ubisoft tend to flog the death out of things so you should get your wish. :)

Thanks - yeah fingers crossed. Now, what's Endless Space?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Whats Dragon age like?

DA: Origins is 70% off at the moment - €9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Debating going for Defiance, just because it's a bit different to what I usually go for

First rule of the sale.
    If it's not on a daily deal or flash sale DON'T buy it until the last day of the sale.

Yeah I know that. Have them all in my wish list and waiting for them to go down or until we're getting to the end.

COYVB wrote: »
    Debating going for Defiance, just because it's a bit different to what I usually go for

It's well worth getting at that price though be warned its a single player game with a nod to online cooperation and not the MMO that so many think it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

shaneb92 wrote: »
    You mind telling me the download size of it? Have a limited bandwidth per month and dont want to use it all up

It's 221 MB on my drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

You mind telling me the download size of it?

It's only about 200 MB in my steam library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Gbear wrote: »
    Whats Dragon age like?

DA: Origins is 70% off at the moment - €9

I loved Dragon Age: Origins. Semi-old school RPG. I believe my first playthrough was around the 60 hours mark. If you ever played Neverwinter Nights/Baldur's Gate, etc, and enjoyed them, you will enjoy this. Great characters as well! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

First rule of the sale.

Second rule: Always check how much of a price drop it is. Sometimes the flash deal will make game cheaper only by 1-3eu. So ask yourself, is it worth waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's well worth getting at that price though be warned its a single player game with a nod to online cooperation and not the MMO that so many think it is.

Oh really? I was kinda hoping for more MMO-y stuff because I've never gone down that route before. Would it maybe serve as a good introduction too that kinda thing for a noob?

Advertisement