Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Do yall think Blood Dragon will go on sale more than 25%?
    Also What about ME2? any more of a discount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Digy123 wrote: »
    Do yall think Blood Dragon will go on sale more than 25%?
    Also What about ME2? any more of a discount?

If it's not a flash deal, daily deal or community choice, and is therefore just a regular discount, leave it til the last day of the sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

But there is a mac section in the store? Are you saying I won't be able to get those working? I really want Civ 5!

They've usually got most of their games somewhat discounted. They don't publish a list anywhere themselves. So if you go through the Mac section, you should be able to find things there.

However the site keeps showing up as busy for me now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Picked up iBomber Defense Pacific for 59c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It won't let me buy Dragon age..

Shut and take my money, dammnit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

They've usually got most of their games somewhat discounted. They don't publish a list anywhere themselves. So if you go through the Mac section, you should be able to find things there.

However the site keeps showing up as busy for me now. :(

Ya thats what I was doing. Trying to get civ 5 at half price but can't get through, site keeps going down

If it's not a flash deal, daily deal or community choice, and is therefore just a regular discount, leave it til the last day of the sale.

Yeah I know :) Was just asking what you guys think it will get on a discount. Trying to figure out how much i should have in reserve if spending gets out of hand :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jernal wrote: »
    Third rule : F**k it! Buy it now and be happy. :D

fourth rule: You never ever have a bank statement after steam sale laying around where misses can find it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

But there is a mac section in the store? Are you saying I won't be able to get those working? I really want Civ 5!

Anything from the Mac section will work but there are far fewer Mac games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ya thats what I was doing. Trying to get civ 5 at half price but can't get through, site keeps going down

There's a gold version, which I presume has Gods and Kings and all the DLC.

I'd imagine that'd be the best version to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Picked up iBomber Defense Pacific for 59c

I went all out meself and spent the 1.04 :P Well whenever the store gets its act together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me or Steam likes to make some Price fixing before steam to be able to put bigger %%% signs on games?

I just checked Sins of solar empire: Rebelion, which is on sale now with 66% off. By the looks of it it was 36.99eu... Which is clearly bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Digy123 wrote: »
    Yeah I know :) Was just asking what you guys think it will get on a discount. Trying to figure out how much i should have in reserve if spending gets out of hand :P

Ah right. I'd say they could discount it more alright. But obviously that's just a hunch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Is it me or Steam likes to make some Price fixing before steam to be able to put bigger %%% signs on games?

I just checked Sins of solar empire: Rebelion, which is on sale now with 66% off. By the looks of it it was 36.99eu... Which is clearly bull****.

Actually the funny thing is, half life was a tenner earlier, now they are on sale at 20 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

You're far better off waiting as it will more than likely go to 75% off, as Gbear said above the Gold edition with G&K DLC (doesn't include the minor Ancient Wonders and Korea DLCs) is far superior to the vanilla game.

Game should work fine on Mac, in fact, it's one the better major games out there for Mac support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Actually the funny thing is, half life was a tenner earlier, now they are on sale at 20 :pac:
    Yeah, but that was part of a sale too. It might wind up going down again to that before the sale's end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    You're far better off waiting as it will more than likely go to 75% off, as Gbear said above the Gold edition with G&K DLC (doesn't include the minor Ancient Wonders and Korea DLCs) is far superior to the vanilla game.

Game should work fine on Mac, in fact, it's one the better major games out there for Mac support.

it might drop to 75% off in tomorrows with Brave New World out tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

No sign of any publisher packs. It would be nice to know so I don't buy a game now that I could have got in a pack later. They usually have some sort of indie bundle don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Does anyone think rising storm will go down again should I wait or buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

thegame983 wrote: »
    No sign of any publisher packs. It would be nice to know so I don't buy a game now that I could have got in a pack later. They usually have some sort of indie bundle don't they?

Ya where the fûck are they? Thought they go up from the start

• Advertisement

If its not a flash sale i wouldnt buy it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Hmm, nothing great so far. I'll check back again in 6hrs when the next round of flash sales are up, and every 6 hours until it's over dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Steam has decided not to accept Visa Debit cards when trying to buy Civ 5.

Melt.

If you go to the game's individual page it will say when the deal ends. If it says the 22nd of July DO NOT BUY as it may go down in a daily/ flash sale. For example Tropico 4 is 66% off (great price), but I'm gonna hold out for better in a daily/ flash sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Antichamber for 6.45. Bank balance has taken its first hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

thegame983 wrote: »
    If you go to the game's individual page it will say when the deal ends. If it says the 22nd of July DO NOT BUY as it may go down in a daily/ flash sale. For example Tropico 4 is 66% off (great price), but I'm gonna hold out for better in a daily/ flash sale

Should get red orchestra 2 it is going for 8 euro I am not sure if it has a big community playing it could anyone help?
    Thanks

John Mongo wrote: »
    Steam has decided not to accept Visa Debit cards when trying to buy Civ 5.

Melt.

Hold off for a better price. Also buy the gold edition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Witcher 1 -3.99
    Thief Collection (3 games) - 6.49

I doubt these will go any lower. Anybody else think they will?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,714 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gonna hold off on Dragonborn. I think they can do better than 50% on it.

Receiver
    FTL
    Dark Souls
    Endless Space
    Stacking
    Defense Grid DLC

4 trading cards. $41. And steam tried to delete my cart 57 times.

But now that I've bought something, I can confirm for the thread that multiple purchases will stack: so my $1 overflow will contribute to my next purchase during the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Witcher 1 -3.99
    Thief Collection (3 games) - 6.49

I doubt these will go any lower. Anybody else think they will?

I think I got the witcher for 2.50 awhile ago from steam. Thief collection cost me about that I think but it may go down more

Advertisement