Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Cool I'll wait then,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Overheal wrote: »
    gonna hold off on Dragonborn. I think they can do better than 50% on it.

I'm torn myself. I do want it, and since it's on daily deal (Skyrim) I'm not sure if it's going to go down further. I do think 50% and still being a tenner is a bit pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Should get red orchestra 2 it is going for 8 euro I am not sure if it has a big community playing it could anyone help?
    Thanks
    Witcher 1 -3.99
    Thief Collection (3 games) - 6.49

I doubt these will go any lower. Anybody else think they will?

They will remain that price until the 22nd. The Witcher will almost certainly go down to 75% off in a daily/ flash sale. Usually if you see one game in a series in a daily/ flash sale - all the games will be. For example when the Witcher 2 goes down to 75% off, the Witcher 1 will also although it may not be advertised on the main store front. Basically only but in flash/ daily sale, then on the 22nd mop up with any additional games you want. Hold out now and you will have the funds for a few extra games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Im holding out to see if Metro Last Light will be included in the sale plz plz plz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Should get red orchestra 2 it is going for 8 euro I am not sure if it has a big community playing it could anyone help?
    Thanks

Buy all means get it but it may go down in price before the 22nd. Not sure about the community

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm torn myself. I do want it, and since it's on daily deal (Skyrim) I'm not sure if it's going to go down further. I do think 50% and still being a tenner is a bit pricey.
    Only you can really decide what to do, but I'll tell you how I'd proceed were I you. I'd ask myself, "do I want to play this as soon as it is downloaded, or am I just downloading it now because of the sale?" If you would play it now, then go for it. Sure, it could go cheaper, but the value of playing something now and at a good price has its value, too. If you weren't planning on playing it now, then hold off. If you can hold out for a big stretch, you could even wait for another sale. Though, to me, getting to play soon, again does have a value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Only you can really decide what to do, but I'll tell you how I'd proceed were I you. I'd ask myself, "do I want to play this as soon as it is downloaded, or am I just downloading it now because of the sale?" If you would play it now, then go for it. Sure, it could go cheaper, but the value of playing something now and at a good price has its value, too. If you weren't planning on playing it now, then hold off. If you can hold out for a big stretch, you could even wait for another sale. Though, to me, getting to play soon, again does have a value.

This is true. And I suppose the difference between 50% and 66% isn't that much, a few euro. But, damnit, that's what Steam Sales are all about at this stage!

jonon9 wrote: »
    Im holding out to see if Metro Last Light will be included in the sale plz plz plz!
    It's plausible. They will be wanting to get more people buying the game on account of the fact DLC will be coming out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

The Skyrim DLC is available for about €6.75 each (€2 for Hearthfire) on Nuuvem. Can't see Steam beating those prices. Other Bethesda titles on sale too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Just install enhanced steam add on and it will always tell you where the cheapest price is currently online and all time low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Gbear wrote: »
    There's a gold version, which I presume has Gods and Kings and all the DLC.

I'd imagine that'd be the best version to get.

Ya its that version on sale at 50% off. Just checked though and its running to July 22nd so I'll wait yet

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I think they've made a mistake again with the Sonic Collection, €14

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26498/

Not as good as the €7 from last week but still quite good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Going old school for first purchase : Marrowind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

John Mongo wrote: »
    Steam has decided not to accept Visa Debit cards when trying to buy Civ 5.

Melt.
    I'm having trouble too with my debit card. :confused:

Manach wrote: »

Is that some bone surgeon RPG?

Manach wrote: »
    Morrowind is a great game, though it obviously is dated. It'll have the two expansions included, no doubt.

Morrowind is a great game, though it obviously is dated. It'll have the two expansions included, no doubt.

T'was a joke. Marrow. Bone Marrow.

I have the GOTY myself. Dated as **** but intriguing none the less.
    Combat sucks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So everyone is voting for Dishonored then? Good job. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Nothing really tempts me and the store keeps falling over due to volume anyway. bleh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So everyone is voting for Dishonored then? Good job. :)

Fraid not,been wanting to play FC3 for ages :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

T'was a joke. Marrow. Bone Marrow.

I have the GOTY myself. Dated as **** but intriguing none the less.
    Combat sucks though.
    The combat was going for a real RPG thing where it isn't how good you are but how good your character is. Even looking at it this way, though, yeah, it could definitely be done in a better way. It shouldn't be chance to strike, but more of a how much damage on strike should be low. The animations is my biggest issue with the game. And obviously the graphics being so dated. But a game being dated, obviously the graphics will be. I haven't really looked in to it, but I've heard there is a huge mod for Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. You need to have the GOTY of both. That's about as much on it as I know. Don't know if its complete or a WIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Tinie wrote: »
    Just install enhanced steam add on and it will always tell you where the cheapest price is currently online and all time low.

How do you get it to display the price from other sites? I have it installed but I can't see any extra info.

Edit: I see it now, directly below the trailer and screenshots. Pretty cool extension.

Edit2: now its stopped showing the other prices, its a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is 40% the best we can expect for Far Cry?

It's out 8 months or so at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Every game on my wishlist is discounted. Hnnnn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's a nightmare trying to buy Skyrim, it's refusing the card for some reason even though it's one I use for everything! Took at least twenty tries to get to that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Steam is so slow right now that I went to put funds in my account (forgot to during the week) and my card details are now rejected. FFS :mad:

Not even sure how to rectify that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

http://morroblivion.com/

Not sure if it is done yet, the forms make it sound like it is. I used some sort of mod pack that automates its installation. No idea what it was called though. Never played the original morrowind so cant say how much of a change it is, never even played the modded version but I will one day!

And obviously the graphics being so dated. But a game being dated, obviously the graphics will be. I haven't really looked in to it, but I've heard there is a huge mod for Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. You need to have the GOTY of both. That's about as much on it as I know. Don't know if its complete or a WIP.

Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 complletely lifts the graphics and animations. Its amazing and keeps the ability to mod the base game.

And Dishonored is 8 euro on the russian store. My lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I hope the community vote doesn't end up going the same way as other sales where the same game is voted for every time.

If a game isn't discounted at the moment does that mean it won't go on sale at all?

• Advertisement

People please vote Dishonored. I really want to play it again.

Advertisement