Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I voted for Borderlands 2, hoping the Season Pass would also be discounted :P Sorry! If Dishonored doesn't win, but comes up again in a Community Vote, I will vote for it next time around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 complletely lifts the graphics and animations. Its amazing and keeps the ability to mod the base game.

And Dishonored is 8 euro on the russian store. My lord.

Thats the one! Looking more at the FAQs for morroblion it says:

Current Status (version 053)

Completed: 100% of the main Morrowind game has been completed, and is fairly well debugged (details here). There is very little that gets in the way of a complete Morrowind experience.
    In Progress: Bloodmoon and Tribunal debugging (volunteer here). Mostly playable, but you will encounter bugs.
    Long Term: Porting Morroblivion to the Skyrim engine (discussion here). If you know how to write C++ please help us with the converter!

now I want the skyrim versions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Cool then. If Blood Dragon comes down with Far Cry 3 ill be happy.

And aye the Skywind project looks very cool but this is getting off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ugh, 3 cards all declined for no apparent reason :( Same result with Paypal on the app and on my computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Which SKyrim DLC should I get? Dragonborn or Dawnguard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The combat was going for a real RPG thing where it isn't how good you are but how good your character is. Even looking at it this way, though, yeah, it could definitely be done in a better way. It shouldn't be chance to strike, but more of a how much damage on strike should be low. The animations is my biggest issue with the game. And obviously the graphics being so dated. But a game being dated, obviously the graphics will be. I haven't really looked in to it, but I've heard there is a huge mod for Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. You need to have the GOTY of both. That's about as much on it as I know. Don't know if its complete or a WIP.

They are going one better and putting it in the skyrim engine

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323

Played Morrowind years ago, ploughed 200+ hours into it, got so side tracked had no idea what i supposed to do to progress the main quest and never finished it.

Managed to pick Morrowind GOTY, Oblivion GOTY and Skyrim (Hearthfire and Dawngaurd) up earlier in the year for 20 sterling off game.co.uk, kind of makes **** of the sale price on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

If far cry 3 doesn't win the vote for 40 percent discount is there still a chance of it going down in price after that

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Skyrim Legendary Edition €24?? Yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ugh, 3 cards all declined for no apparent reason :( Same result with Paypal on the app and on my computer.

Me too. I tried deleting it and readding it, but I get this when I try:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Odd, really. It's not like they didn't anticipate this kind of volume after past sales.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Which SKyrim DLC should I get? Dragonborn or Dawnguard?

Depends what you want. I'd personally go for Dragonborn since you get a whole new location and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Someone posted earlier they were wondering if Metro Last Light would go on sale. Well, I just saw its at 20% off at the moment. Not a clue if it'll go down any further than that, but figured I'd post it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

If far cry 3 doesn't win the vote for 40 percent discount is there still a chance of it going down in price after that

Yeah, it prob will be a daily deal at some point. Would be shocked if Farcry didn't win this vote though since Dishonored and Borderlands 2 have been shockingly cheap on various other websites as of late (I know FC3 has been going pretty cheap too but a lot of people including myself have been holding out for a Steam version of the game).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Civ 5 gold edition for 20? Could it go lower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yakult wrote: »
    Civ 5 gold edition for 20? Could it go lower?

Yeah, with the new expansion coming out at midnight/tomorrow, they might put it in the Daily Deals tomorrow or a Flash Deal. :D

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Yeah, it prob will be a daily deal at some point. Would be shocked if Farcry didn't win this vote though since Dishonored and Borderlands 2 have been shockingly cheap on various other websites as of late.

If it win could it appear in a daily deal, summer sale noob
    Thanks

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Yeah, it prob will be a daily deal at some point. Would be shocked if Farcry didn't win this vote though since Dishonored and Borderlands 2 have been shockingly cheap on various other websites as of late.

How shockingly are we talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Just got home, and picked myself up a copy of Hotline Miami (I know, I'm slow...) and CS:GO for something like 6.50€
    Had some trouble with my card originally, so decided to pay with PayPal and the funds that are in there. Had no problem then.

It's a flash deal at a good price and you won't get it again, I bought I say it's a good choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Quite shockingly....Ill see if I can find you a link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Come on far cry you bastard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Borderlands 2 including the Season pass was going around €18 from Amazon.com and Dishonored was going for €6 on Gamersgate. Both deals were digitally delivered Steam keys.

Edit: Checking my Paypal statements, Borderlands 2 with the season pass was actually €16.70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

T'was a joke. Marrow. Bone Marrow.

I have the GOTY myself. Dated as **** but intriguing none the less.
    Combat sucks though.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Morrowind is a great game, though it obviously is dated. It'll have the two expansions included, no doubt.

Morrowind Graphics Extender will be of interest to you. Makes it look better than Oblivion, maybe as pretty as Skyrim.

Sarky wrote: »
    Morrowind Graphics Extender will be of interest to you. Makes it look better than Oblivion, maybe as pretty as Skyrim.

Included in Morrowind Overhaul 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I know its on sale quite a bit,but bought Left 4 Dead 2,only heard good things about it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Me too. I tried deleting it and readding it, but I get this when I try:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Odd, really. It's not like they didn't anticipate this kind of volume after past sales.
    This is properly driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Do the sales continue into the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Gbear wrote: »
    Yep, it's always daylight somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

yup, every 8 hours there's a rotation of about 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

At twelve and six a.m Irish time there will be different flash sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Time Gentleman, Please! and Ben There, Dan that! €0.39 http://store.steampowered.com/app/37400/

Advertisement