Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Pushtrak wrote: »

Take your guilt-trippin' elsewhere! :P A Steam Sale is about buying loads of cheap games and building a library, even Gabe doesn't expect you to actually play these games. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Apart from Steam were else are people checking for good deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Falthyron wrote: »
    Take your guilt-trippin' elsewhere! :P A Steam Sale is about buying loads of cheap games and building a library, even Gabe doesn't expect you to actually play these games. :D

My library consists of 98 games...I have played 11 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Apart from Steam were else are people checking for good deals?

www.isthereanydeal.com

• Advertisement

Digy123 wrote: »
    My library consists of 98 games...I have played 11 :rolleyes:

A shining example for the rest of us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Greenman gaming and gamersgate do some nice deals too from time to time corvo

Cool I'll keep checking them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Bit of info here. Make sure to check amazon.com for a price match as they are currently price matching some of steams sale games, but heres the kicker; use code "gooncave" for 15% off AND they are giving 3 steam games free with any digital game bought. They are the maw, ticket to ride and drip drop I think.

For example, hotline miami steam key is $2.12 on amazon with the code, so like €1.80, and you get the 3 free games also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

Awesome, apparently they're not accepting Visa Debit at the moment.
    You'd think they'd be ready for the high volume of transactions by now, wouldn't you?

• Advertisement

You'd think they'd be ready for the high volume of transactions by now, wouldn't you?

Servers are machines and expensive ones at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Got the "Something went wrong, this transaction was cancelles" error earlier buying Scribblenauts and bulletstorm. Still got the "Thanks for your purchase" email and nearly finished downloading them both now. Must see if my account was debited...

Imagine the wires going to the servers as Gabe Newell's arteries. Right now, they are full of cholesterol, and the more food we give it, the slower it is gonna get.

At least you are able to get to the transaction screen, I am trying to remove something from my Cart and I keep getting the 'Heavy Load' error.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Also another tip, if your downloads are going slow, then go into settings and set your download country to Israel or Palestine or a country like that to get faster speeds. This used to work a few years back so id imagine it still does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Tinie wrote: »
    Bit of info here. Make sure to check amazon.com for a price match as they are currently price matching some of steams sale games, but heres the kicker; use code "gooncave" for 15% off AND they are giving 3 steam games free with any digital game bought. They are the maw, ticket to ride and drip drop I think.

For example, hotline miami steam key is $2.12 on amazon with the code, so like €1.80, and you get the 3 free games also.

Actually it looks like the free games are only when you purchase certain Indie titles!

"From July 11-15, purchase any Indie PC or Mac game below and get The MAW, Drip Drip, and Ticket to Ride for free. You will receive an e-mail within two days of your purchase notifying you that your free download may be redeemed. Simply return to Amazon, click "Buy and Download", and a 100% discount will be applied. Big thanks to Twisted Pixel Games, Imminent Games, and Days of Wonder for their support."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Worked for me earlier anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

What error is people getting when trying with Visa/Debit? I tried there and it says declined by bank..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

What error is people getting when trying with Visa/Debit? I tried there and it says declined by bank..
    yup getting the same response everytime..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dragon Age is 24GB:eek:

Wont have time to download anything else this week.:o

• Advertisement

Darn it, really want this CS Package for 7.49 absolute bargain :( ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Adding the funds manually to my wallet just worked for me, instead of just paying with the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I kept getting an error for paypal earlier but it eventually went through after reloading a few dozen times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yup I'm having the same error as well. Keeps saying my card is declined, been using it for well over a year now. ill try the manual method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

OK, I've figured out the deal with getting the trading cards...

So you need to go to your Steam Name/Badges and you'll see a list of your
    games that qualify for the trading cards.

Basically you'll need to (re)play the game and a message notification will tell
    you when you have received the card.

I just replayed Half Life 2 for about 1/2 hour and received 3 of the 4 cards for that particular game.

e_e wrote: »
    Adding the funds manually to my wallet just worked for me, instead of just paying with the card.

Rarely ever use Steam and it just feels awkward... How do you do this by any chance, I have no idea where to look ha.. Also can you add 15euro to wallet

e_e wrote: »

Rarely ever use Steam and it just feels awkward... How do you do this by any chance, I have no idea where to look ha.. Also can you add 15euro to wallet.. Can I buy the CS Package for myself also and then gift it to someone?

EDIT: Scratch the 1st part I just found it

Adding Funds also does not work for me :(

Anybody else just notice they added time to the flash sales? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

You don't even need to play them - opening the game to the main menu, and alt-tabbing back to Windows is enough. Once Steam views the game as "running" you'll get any cards you're entitled to.

• Advertisement

Never mind,I was looking at voting end times :o

Advertisement