Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Digy123 wrote: »
    Anybody else just notice they added time to the flash sales? :eek:

Never mind then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Nope that manual adding trick ain't working for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Still showing as 2am ending for me?

Yeah Sorry,corrected myself above. I was looking at another timer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

You don't even need to play them - opening the game to the main menu, and alt-tabbing back to Windows is enough. Once Steam views the game as "running" you'll get any cards you're entitled to.

Hmm, I tried that with FTL but it didn't work for me.
    I'll try another game and see.

Also edited while you were editing lol.

• Advertisement

Moon54 wrote: »
    Hmm, I tried that with FTL but it didn't work for me.
    I'll try another game and see.

When did you try? There was a bug with games last week (or earlier this week) where cards weren't being dropped for a lot of folks who hadn't participated in the STC beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Been spending about an hour now trying to get Counter Strike and it seems it just was never meant to be... Will keep trying but an hour and 11 minutes left I am just not sure it will work on time ... Really p1ssed as this was all I wanted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well feck this sale, I am off playing Civ 5! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Damn it Steam, shut up and take my money! Stop declining my card you whore! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sarky wrote: »
    Got the "Something went wrong, this transaction was cancelles" error earlier buying Scribblenauts and bulletstorm. Still got the "Thanks for your purchase" email and nearly finished downloading them both now. Must see if my account was debited...

Oh. It was. Twice o_O

Off to the support desk with me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Been spending about an hour now trying to get Counter Strike and it seems it just was never meant to be... Will keep trying but an hour and 11 minutes left I am just not sure it will work on time ... Really p1ssed as this was all I wanted..
    Which one are you looking to get? Regular counter strike at 4.99 or CS Go at 4.75? I'd be willing to try get it and gift it to you. You could get me System Shock 2 before the 22nd then as its a fiver. Now, I'll be on a visa debit, so I can't guarantee it'll work till I try it, but figured I'd post/ask before trying.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Which one are you looking to get? Regular counter strike at 4.99 or CS Go at 4.75? I'd be willing to try get it and gift it to you. You could get me System Shock 2 before the 22nd then as its a fiver. Now, I'll be on a visa debit, so I can't guarantee it'll work till I try it, but figured I'd post/ask before trying.

Was trying to get the bundle at 7.49 thanks for the offer anyways but if all fails I will just have to accept that I should be studying for the repeats instead of playing Counter Strike so maybe it will be a good thing that way haha... Thanks alot anyways :)

Ok, cool. The offer stands though, if you change your mind in the limited window left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I have been having the same Visa Debit problem when trying to purchase something, so I switched my payment method to PayPal (which is linked to my Visa Debit card) and it worked straight away. Maybe you could try giving that a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I have moneybookers linked and its being all pissy with that too. I just want to play scribblenauts goddamnit. I'm presuming that even though its in my basket now, when it goes off sale I'll be paying the usual price?

Falthyron wrote: »
    I have been having the same Visa Debit problem when trying to purchase something, so I switched my payment method to PayPal (which is linked to my Visa Debit card) and it worked straight away. Maybe you could try giving that a go?

Dont have a paypal account set up with this card though?

Dont have a paypal account set up with this card though?

Hmm, you could try and set it up now, doesn't take very long iirc. I know the card eventually has to be verified with PayPal, but maybe you could still purchase games with it while it waits to be verified? Not sure about it, but it might worth a shot?

Asmodean wrote: »
    I have moneybookers linked and its being all pissy with that too. I just want to play scribblenauts goddamnit. I'm presuming that even though its in my basket now, when it goes off sale I'll be paying the usual price?

It is currently 75% off in the Daily Deal, so once that ends I reckon it will revert back to a more moderate discount like 50% or 33% off.

Tried with just a temporary paypal thing or something and still didn't work... Ohh well

• Advertisement

Tried with just a temporary paypal thing or something and still didn't work... Ohh well

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully these problems will be sorted by tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I added funds a few days ago to the wallet just to be sure,grabbed Legendary Skyrim and CS:GO,tow games I wanted for ages.

Waiting for payday next.

Oh and Borderlands 2 won the community choice

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Just picked up Dragon Age Complete using paypal with no problems

Holy cow it's a miracle with 15mins left I finally got the transaction complete... Used temporary paypal and it didn't work the 1st time so then bought a 5er and 10er for steam wallet on paypal and it worked 100%.. Thanks to everyone for the help ... And also thanks to Pushtrack for that kind offer... :D

Redisle wrote: »
    Actually it looks like the free games are only when you purchase certain Indie titles!

"From July 11-15, purchase any Indie PC or Mac game below and get The MAW, Drip Drip, and Ticket to Ride for free. You will receive an e-mail within two days of your purchase notifying you that your free download may be redeemed. Simply return to Amazon, click "Buy and Download", and a 100% discount will be applied. Big thanks to Twisted Pixel Games, Imminent Games, and Days of Wonder for their support."

Just got Hotline Miami checked my email and I did indeed received the codes for the 3 free games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I added funds a few days ago to the wallet just to be sure,grabbed Legendary Skyrim and CS:GO,tow games I wanted for ages.

Waiting for payday next.

Oh and Borderlands 2 won the community choice

Well ****

Just picked up Dragon Age Complete using paypal with no problems
    You are in for a treat. You really have to check out all the Origin stories. You probably would have, but it's best to say it just in case.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You are in for a treat. You really have to check out all the Origin stories. You probably would have, but it's best to say it just in case.

Yeah man I played it a few years back on the ps3 and loved it but I haven't played any of the dlc yet so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck back into it, pity the downloads 25gb and my internet is sh1t slow should be ready to play around Tuesday or Wednesday at the speed its going :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well, just going to wait and see the falsh deals and off to bed

• Advertisement

Not all the DLC is quality, but the expansion Awakening is something special. I think I'd go as far as to say the story is better than in the main game, and I really dug the main game.

Advertisement