Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

A good first buy Frank. 85% is hard to argue with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

A good first buy Frank. 85% is hard to argue with

At that price I couldn;t afford not to buy it.

Dark Souls not available on mac - probably just as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not sure if this is true or not.. I was just searching about steam and trading then I cam across a thread about the Metro Last Light keys being banned for 12 hours or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Quick question: I have Borderlands 2 and the DLC. But I am thinking of buying it for a friend, who doesnt have a steam account yet. Is there anyway to buy the codes and send them to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

I get up early this morning to see if i can purchase anything,but unfortunatly they still won't accept my card...Crap really :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Anyone wrote: »
    Quick question: I have Borderlands 2 and the DLC. But I am thinking of buying it for a friend, who doesnt have a steam account yet. Is there anyway to buy the codes and send them to them?
    You could buy as a gift and send them when they do have an account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i think when you are buying it click the box that says buy as gift, then it will go to your inventory which you can 'gift' at a later date. I think this is how it works so maybe if someone else can confirm just to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Yeah the gift sits in your inventory and can either be traded/sold, or gifted to your friend when he sets up an account at a later date

Much appreciated folks, I assumed I had to say who I wanted to gift it to when I was purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Anyone having hassle buying using their credit/laser cards/paypal?
    I tried 2 different cards, one of my friends cards and it said there was an error.
    Paypal wouldnt work, said cookies need to be turned on.
    It turns out steam uses IE for its external browsing, so you need to load that up and change it in the privacy/advanced settings.
    Should work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

At that price I couldn't afford not to buy it.

See, you get it. That sentence right there encapsulates exactly what this is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I just can't buy anything at all. I deleted my credit card information and tried to re-enter it, but it won't even let me do that.

Told me my credit card information was declined by the card company.

Did anyone else get this one popping up?

Edit: Balls. I missed the Dark Souls flash sale anyway. I changed my download region from Ireland to UK/London and it worked immediatly then.

Yep. THen i tried 5 mins later and it worked at speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

chrismon wrote: »
    Anyone having hassle buying using their credit/laser cards/paypal?
    I tried 2 different cards, one of my friends cards and it said there was an error.
    Paypal wouldnt work, said cookies need to be turned on.
    It turns out steam uses IE for its external browsing, so you need to load that up and change it in the privacy/advanced settings.
    Should work!

I was able to put €25 into my account from Paypal without any problems.
    I did it through the android app on my phone - might be worth trying if you have the ios/android app.

The flash deals are pretty crappy this round.

The vote is good though. I'll pick up Mirrors Edge at 3 euro. It gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Saints Row 3 is the community choice? WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guess I'll wait for the 6pm deals then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Tempted to pick up Civ V for €7.50 or should i wait for a possibly gold edition reduction

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Tempted to pick up Civ V for €7.50 or should i wait for a possibly gold edition reduction

Theres a misprice on the Gold edition when you click into it. €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Vojera wrote: »
    Saints Row 3 is the community choice? WTF?

Cant believe that, nearly everyone on steam bought the humble bundle :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Vote for GTA :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So Brave new Worlds is 20eu eu no. No way I am paying 20eu for a fecking patch, which should be almost free.

I am playing heavily civ 5, but it works fine with just Gods and Kings expansion.

So Brave new Worlds is 20eu eu no. No way I am paying 20eu for a fecking patch, which should be almost free.

I am playing heavily civ 5, but it works fine with just Gods and Kings expansion.

I just commented to a friend, the one item I actually want wont be discounted as it was only released yesterday....its Brave New Worlds, now 33% off......Prism at work?

Brave New World is a complete re-structure of the second half of the game, and includes new civilisations and scenarios. It's far from a "feckin patch which should almost be free".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up Saints Row 3 and Civ 5 gold addition for 15 Euro combined, good deal.

Picked up Football Manager 2013. Never touched one before. My summer is gone, isn't it?

Picked up Football Manager 2013. Never touched one before. My summer is gone, isn't it?

Nah you're fine, nobody actually plays these games, we just buy them because they are cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

damn it, i didnt see that. now my summer is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nah you're fine, nobody actually plays these games, we just buy them because they are cheap.

Actually, if by the end you can remember everything you bought, you're doing it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Brave New World is a complete re-structure of the second half of the game, and includes new civilisations and scenarios. It's far from a "feckin patch which should almost be free".

So we call Re-structure now the Design **** ups? Last expansion really did a lot of changes, which would can proudly wear expansion name.

New changes are good, but not 30eu good.

Advertisement