Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Is Bioshock Infinite a good deal at €25, or will it be reduced further?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

So we call Re-structure now the Design **** ups? Last expansion really did a lot of changes, which would can proudly wear expansion name.

New changes are good, but not 30eu good.

its £13 on steam its well worth that for the apparent AI improvements and other changes imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is Bioshock Infinite a good deal at €25, or will it be reduced further?

I think it was on greenmangaming for 25eu with a few free games too. I would wait and see, unless you really really want to play it, then 25eu is not that bad price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The Skyrim expansions are back up to €13.99 each. They can keep em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Are the first two Bioshocks good? Have yet to play that series. At a fiver each it's worth a play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Having issues with card not going through >_< Visa debit, missed out on something I'd been waiting ages for too, knowing it'd be on sale. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

What do you do with trading cards

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Are the first two Bioshocks good? Have yet to play that series. At a fiver each it's worth a play.

First one is worth it second one is a bit meh tbh and wasnt done by the same studio

I'd only buy the first one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I still think the first one is one of my favourite games, maybe because it was so different and the setting was so amazing. the story is fantastic too. I've played the second one, have yet to finish it, it just didnt grab me in the same way. I think the first one is definitely worth it

Links234 wrote: »
    Having issues with card not going through >_< Visa debit, missed out on something I'd been waiting ages for too, knowing it'd be on sale. :mad:

Switch to Paypal if you can i had the same issue late last night

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I still think the first one is one of my favourite games, maybe because it was so different and the setting was so amazing. the story is fantastic too. I've played the second one, have yet to finish it, it just didnt grab me in the same way. I think the first one is definitely worth it

Thanks guys. Might just pick up the first one at the end then. Maybe infinite too if I nothing else catches the eye.

NTMK wrote: »
    its £13 on steam its well worth that for the apparent AI improvements and other changes imo

According to GTtrailers review AI strugles even more with new changes. New changes show even more AIs downsides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The first one is great. The second one isn't nearly as good, but they did tweak the gameplay in the 2nd one a bit in some good ways. Also, the story add on DLC they have for it is quality. It's worth buying for sure.

Edit: Minerva's Den, that's what it was called.

I personally love first two a lot more then the Infinity. So much hate to second one is very puzzling for me. I loved it a lot. Bioshock 1 has a fantastic setting and great story, wheres bioshock 2 expands on setting and gameplay, but little bit lacks on story side. Dont understand me wrong, story in bioshock 2 is not bad at all, just bioshock 1 was very damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Only really wanted two things this sale - Dishonored and Borderlands 2.
    So despite voting for Dishonored, happy enough to pick up BL 2 + the DLC for 66% off.
    Now hopefully Dishonored wil be on sale before the end.

According to GTtrailers review AI strugles even more with new changes. New changes show even more AIs downsides.

oh didnt hear much about it struggling (i'd only use GT for gameplay footage tbh). I have heard at higher difficulties the AI will target your weaknesses and isnt as bat **** crazy as it was.

I have bought it and i can test this but ill need a while it is Civ after all:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just seen now that Minerva's Den didn't get a PC release?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-08-no-minervas-den-for-pc-bioshock-2

The game is still worth playing though. It is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Damm the people who mentioned Football Manager 13, thought I could escape its allure for a year, but at 8.74 I could not resist.

I personally love first two a lot more then the Infinity. So much hate to second one is very puzzling for me. I loved it a lot. Bioshock 1 has a fantastic setting and great story, wheres bioshock 2 expands on setting and gameplay, but little bit lacks on story side. Dont understand me wrong, story in bioshock 2 is not bad at all, just bioshock 1 was very damn good.

Might just pick up the first one during the sales and then will pick up the rest at a later date. If GTA goes down to a fiver, I'll be picking that up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Links234 wrote: »

I had no problem putting some money into my wallet there 15 minutes ago with a Visa Debit. I've no idea what's going on.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    I had no problem putting some money into my wallet there 15 minutes ago with a Visa Debit. I've no idea what's going on.

i think the servers **** the bed soo hard that its still error ridden dispite the load easing on them

I dont remember the servers being this badly hit last year

oh didnt hear much about it struggling (i'd only use GT for gameplay footage tbh). I have heard at higher difficulties the AI will target your weaknesses and isnt as bat **** crazy as it was.

I have bought it and i can test this but ill need a while it is Civ after all:pac:

Well that is all what TB said too. The AI is not going fecking crazy, when you shove a Sword in to one of the 22 Civilisations pooper. Everyone on the mad is becomes your biggest enemy.
    Saying this, its expansion for 30eu. I would expect more of it, then an AI rebalance and Culture rebalance.

Ah well, I will see how I feel in the end of sale. I might pick it up. I am way too busy in my current civ game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i think the servers **** the bed soo hard that its still error ridden dispite the load easing on them

I dont remember the servers being this badly hit last year

Yeah it's always been a cluser**** for about 45 minutes after the start or the start of a new round of deals but between those times it would work fine from what I remember.

Well that is all what TB said too. The AI is not going fecking crazy, when you shove a Sword in to one of the 22 Civilisations pooper. Everyone on the mad is becomes your biggest enemy.
    Saying this, its expansion for 30eu. I would expect more of it, then an AI rebalance and Culture rebalance.

Ah well, I will see how I feel in the end of sale. I might pick it up. I am way too busy in my current civ game.

€30 ouch ya you may have a point. Its £20 full price in the UK and £13 in the sale.

I was happy enough to buy it as ive gotten the game and all the DLC for about €20 so i could justify buying the expo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Finally able to buy Scribblenauts after the whole card fiasco last night. Man that's a fun game.

€30 ouch ya you may have a point. Its £20 full price in the UK and £13 in the sale.

I was happy enough to buy it as ive gotten the game and all the DLC for about €20 so i could justify buying the expo

I guess it becomes more obvious for those who already played the pre Brave new worlds. When original and first expo is so cheap, it really makes new expansion look like a very bad value for money. 13£ even converted does not look too bad as an addon. The eu 30eu price for it is mad. Even 20eu on sale is pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I blame all this trading card crap. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I can trade you keys for both if you if you get me Counterstrike GO next time it's on offer (€4.75 I think it was, and it will show up again, Valve games usually do) ... or I'd even settle for the the Saints Row 3 Season DLC Pass which is €3.49 at the moment.

I guess it becomes more obvious for those who already played the pre Brave new worlds. When original and first expo is so cheap, it really makes new expansion look like a very bad value for money. 13£ even converted does not look too bad as an addon. The eu 30eu price for it is mad. Even 20eu on sale is pushing it.

ya i had dificulty trying to justify the pre order at £17-18 (stupid me thinking it wouldnt go on sale:rolleyes:)

I dont mind the relative pricing as the game is 3 years old now and the expo is a year old

but i would have thought that they would have made a Complete Edition and bundle the lot for £30/€35 euro as i think multiple Expansions often split the userbase badly

One really content rich one would have been great

If you do decide you want it though PM me and ill get it for you on the UK store:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Monotype wrote: »
    I can trade you keys for both if you if you get me Counterstrike GO next time it's on offer (€4.75 I think it was, and it will show up again, Valve games usually do) ... or I'd even settle for the the Saints Row 3 Season DLC Pass which is €3.49 at the moment.

If he dosent take you up on that I will.

Advertisement