Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Just picked up Brave New Worlds, seriously enjoy Civ 5 so I couldnt resist. Also, some of you are looking at it wrong, by buying it @ €20 I saved €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

So Brave new Worlds is 20eu eu no. No way I am paying 20eu for a fecking patch, which should be almost free.

I am playing heavily civ 5, but it works fine with just Gods and Kings expansion.

From what I'v read the general consensus seem to think Brave New World is a much better expansion than G&K, I picked it up for €13 so as long as it makes the mid to late game better than it is I'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Is antchamber good? seems like a marmite game...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Monotype wrote: »
    I can trade you keys for both if you if you get me Counterstrike GO next time it's on offer (€4.75 I think it was, and it will show up again, Valve games usually do) ... or I'd even settle for the the Saints Row 3 Season DLC Pass which is €3.49 at the moment.

Sending you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

sweetie wrote: »

It really ****s with your mind. Like really really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm looking at Antichamber as well. I liked Portal and Quantum Conundrum so another unique puzzle game would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

sweetie wrote: »

From the few playthroughs I've seen it looks quite fun. Like the other lad says. It ****s with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So Brave new Worlds is 20eu eu no. No way I am paying 20eu for a fecking patch, which should be almost free.

I am playing heavily civ 5, but it works fine with just Gods and Kings expansion.

I'm going to wait until it comes down in price in a few months.

I stopped playing a few months ago and was going to get back into it but now I can wait a bit with the new expansion out.

I've put about 750 hours into CiV. So I do need lots of time off between binges at this stage, even with a new expansion.
    Picked up Football Manager 2013. Never touched one before. My summer is gone, isn't it?

I haven't played one of these since Chapionship manager 4.

What's it like? I kinda can't be arsed micromanaging training and all that.
    I want to sign players, pick the team, pick the formation and not a whole lot else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gbear wrote: »

I want to sign players, pick the team, pick the formation and not a whole lot else.

Then I dont think FM is for you, as its FAR more in depth and can be jarring to newbies with all the hundreds of buttons and options.

You might enjoy www.soccermanager.com more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm going to wait until it comes down in price in a few months.

I stopped playing a few months ago and was going to get back into it but now I can wait a bit with the new expansion out.

I've put about 750 hours into CiV. So I do need lots of time off between binges at this stage, even with a new expansion.

i think there is a new arcade option in the latest one that skips all the training and contracts etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

does the SR3 season pass include all the DLC or am i better off buying the full package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

chrismon wrote: »
    Cant believe that, nearly everyone on steam bought the humble bundle :confused:

Crap! I just bought SR3 without realizing it had been included in a humble bundle. Checked there and I did buy the THQ bundle but SR3 ain't there so I guess I didn't pay enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Day 2 of the Steam Sale... So far, I have only picked up Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition and To The Moon. However, I have bought gifts for people... If I see BLOPS2 at 20 euro I will probably get it. Also looking for Torchlight 2 to come down a little further and Far Cry Blood Dragon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I wouldn't be that surprised to hear that Steam put up whatever game suits them most from the Community Choice nominees.

Now, where'd my tinfoil hat go?

Edit: Falthyron, it's reckoned Torchlight II will appear on a daily/flash deal seeing as it's one of the games on the "Summer Getaway" trading cards, so you're dead right to hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

NTMK wrote: »
    does the SR3 season pass include all the DLC or am i better off buying the full package

It includes the mission DLC. There's three. It's a bit off a mess.
    If he dosent take you up on that I will.

Well actually, I do happen to have a second set of keys. I'm sorted for Saints Row 3 now I think, but I still wouldn't mind Counterstrike GO if it's on offer again.

Monotype wrote: »
    It includes the mission DLC. There's three. It's a bit off a mess.

Well actually, I do happen to have a second set of keys. I'm sorted for Saints Row 3 now I think, but I still wouldn't mind Counterstrike GO if it's on offer again.

Right well we'll see the cost and I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's €9 or something now. Don't bother. It'll be on sale at €4.75 again later. It was in a flash deal and Valve tend to put their own games in a proper daily deal. I'll hang onto the keys for you and you/I can send a PM when the time comes.

Cool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I wish publisher Bundles were up this year. Its the first time i am able to afford them:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

ME2 was not chosen :(
    Still,I managed to get some SR3 Dlc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I wish publisher Bundles were up this year. Its the first time i am able to afford them:(

:Dhttp://store.steampowered.com/browse/publishers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

They are: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1i5310/steam_list_of_developer_dlc_and_franchise_bundles/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 2 season pass at 33% off?

What exactly are season passes? Will it contain all the DLC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'd hold out for more than 33% off. It has a lot of DLC but not all. I think it comes with 4 DLC packs, ultimate vault hunter mode, increases level cap to 61.

It doesn't include the two new characters you can play as, the psycho and the mechromancer. You'd have to buy them separately if you wanted to play as them. Also, there will be more DLC to come, so there's that to be aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Is Bioshock Infinite a good deal at €25, or will it be reduced further?

As said at least 5 times in the last day you can get it for €10 off some guy that sells keys or for €15 in other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 2 season pass at 33% off?

What exactly are season passes? Will it contain all the DLC?

It was 66% off during the Community Choice, so it might go back up to that in the next couple of days. I would wait. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You can set the game up at the start so your assistant handles everything except signings, match day tactics and squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay SR3. cant fault it for a fiver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I'm tempted to get X3: Terran Conflict for €4 (-75%)...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/2820/

As a Star Citizen backer this might satisfy my space-sim needs for a while at least. :)

Advertisement