Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I guess if the price does go down, you owe him a tenner, then :pac:

Shurrup, will ye?! :pac:

I just got Dead Space for a fiver. It may or may not come down, but sure what's a fiver? Looks good on youtube any time i've watched it, looking forward to it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dead space 1 was awesome. turn the lights off in the room, throw some headphones on and enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

We're thinking that's about as low as Civ5 Gold is likely to get, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

dead space 1 was awesome. turn the lights off in the room, throw some headphones on and enjoy die from minor repeated heart failure.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

We're thinking that's about as low as Civ5 Gold is likely to get, right?

On Steam, yeah. Probably. It's fairly old but it's niche enough that you won't see 90% off or anything like that for another couple of years at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xenji wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a good rpg, The Last Remnant is only 3.39 Euro

It's a mixed bag. I loved the combat system. Had lots of fun with that but the character animations during cutscenes are awful, as is the voice acting. The story is a bit.....bizarre too.

It was Squares first game using the Unreal 3 Engine and it really shows. I enjoyed it somewhat but wouldn't recommend it wholeheartedly. Still, at 3 euro its worth a shot I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a mixed bag. I loved the combat system. Had lots of fun with that but the character animations during cutscenes are awful, as is the voice acting. The story is a bit.....bizarre too.

It was Squares first game using the Unreal 3 Engine and it really shows. I enjoyed it somewhat but wouldn't recommend it wholeheartedly. Still, at 3 euro its worth a shot I suppose.

Yeah I would agree with most of that, but as you said you cannot go wrong with it for 3 quid though, if you do not like it, its not much of a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Moon54 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to get X3: Terran Conflict for €4 (-75%)...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/2820/

As a Star Citizen backer this might satisfy my space-sim needs for a while at least. :)

Got this a couple of years ago and found it almost impossible to play. Bought the whole package of X games last year then with the thinking of 'if I go back and play them from the start il know how to play the new ones'.

Dont think Ive ever even installed em!

Steep learning curve for X3 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Doobs

What price do ye reckon will Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition come down to? I'm hopin' for a 75% decrease at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Monotype wrote: »
    I can trade you keys for both if you if you get me Counterstrike GO next time it's on offer (€4.75 I think it was, and it will show up again, Valve games usually do) ... or I'd even settle for the the Saints Row 3 Season DLC Pass which is €3.49 at the moment.

Thanks again for that.

Going slightly off topic...

Have only played 15 minutes of it or so and it's visually amazing.
    Everyone probably asks this when they play the game but who is the voice actor for Atlas? It sounds like a bloke from Dublin. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes bought. It was showing up as 20% off in my Wishlist but when I clicked through it was 66% off which I was more than happy with. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

dead space 1 was awesome. turn the lights off in the room, throw some headphones on and enjoy die from minor repeated heart failure. Buy it and leave it sitting in your long list of unplayed Steam games
    FYP

Fixed both your posts

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Doobs wrote: »
    What price do ye reckon will Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition come down to? I'm hopin' for a 75% decrease at some stage :)

Hope so too! I'd say hold out for a Daily Deal or Flash Sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Doobs wrote: »

I'm hoping for the same,I think it's possible for a 75% Discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Games are never discounted by more than 75%, right? I know the sale 'rules' state never buy games that aren't a daily or flash deal, but have my eye on The Cave and Botanicula, both games are 75% off at the moment.

No real point holding off any longer, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ionapaul wrote: »
    Games are never discounted by more than 75%, right? I know the sale 'rules' state never buy games that aren't a daily or flash deal, but have my eye on The Cave and Botanicula, both games are 75% off at the moment.

I think The Cave will go no further than 75%, however games have gone for 80% and 90% off, so it can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ionapaul wrote: »

Even if they are, it's only a few cents of difference? Or is it a few euro? Your choice but if the difference is small decide if it's worth the euro saving in waiting another few days. :)

Right,
    Little Inferno is looking at me with those eyes. Can't say no to that can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Falthyron wrote: »
    I think The Cave will go no further than 75%, however games have gone for 80% and 90% off, so it can happen.

I think only older games go for 80% off or more though. Just seen two worlds collection for 80% off at 9.99, usually around 70 euro altogether so I bought it.

It starts....

Jernal wrote: »
    Right,
    Little Inferno is looking at me with those eyes. Can't say no to that can I?

I had to walk away from my PC. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Thinking of a GTAIV re-install sometime before September, want to pick up Episodes from Liberty City as Ive never played it. Has it ever gone below €7 before?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The whole GTA collection was €10 last christmas I think, so they might replicate it during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Agricola wrote: »
    Thinking of a GTAIV re-install sometime before September, want to pick up Episodes from Liberty City as Ive never played it. Has it ever gone below €7 before?

I got the whole GTA pack for €10 last year so maybe:)

Right, Little Inferno is looking at me with those eyes. Can't say no to that can I?
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I had to walk away from my PC. :rolleyes:

:eek: I just looked at the second trailer. How creepy is this game? Hilarious and creepy at the same time. :p

Agricola wrote: »

I voted it there in the Community sale for you. If it comes up the entire series will probably be discounted. :) So hold off.

Edit : Just checked. On December 2010 I got the entire GTA IV Collection for €8.75. :)

I voted it there in the Community sale for you. If it comes up the entire series will probably be discounted. :) So hold off.

Edit : Just checked. On December 2010 I got the entire GTA IV Collection for €8.75. :)

I voted for it as well.

I'm a touch confused, is Bioshock Infinite part of the Daily Deals, or is it just a example used for the trading card advertisement? It's at 50% at the moment.

It's a daily deal. When you click on it's page, it has the daily deal countdown.

As an aside, Don't Starve is a daily deal. It's at 40%. Anybody think it will drop more? I was really expecting atleast 50%. Its still relatively new but it's an indie game. Should I just pull the trigger?

I voted for it as well.

I'm a touch confused, is Bioshock Infinite part of the Daily Deals, or is it just a example used for the trading card advertisement? It's at 50% at the moment.

I was thinking the same thing. I was under the impression that it was their flagship sale and not a daily deal.

EDIT: I guess it's a daily deal then.

I voted for it as well.

It's a daily deal by the looks of things. Steam is funny in a way. Arma II combined operations was once 75% off. Ever since the advent of DayZ though I don't think it's been higher (lower?) than 50% off. COD almost rarely gets discounted. If the game is still a frequent top seller then odds are you won't be seeing it at 75% off. :(

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a daily deal. When you click on it's page, it has the daily deal countdown.
    gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. I was under the impression that it was their flagship sale and not a daily deal.

EDIT: I guess it's a daily deal then.

Cheers. At least I wasn't alone.

€24.99? No thanks. It's been on sale for cheaper elsewhere, hasn't it?

Day one: Survived so far. Feeling rather smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Cheers. At least I wasn't alone.

€24.99? No thanks. It's been on sale for cheaper elsewhere, hasn't it?

Day one: Survived so far. Feeling rather smug.

Don't worry, you will break eventually.... ;)

Advertisement