Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Cheers. At least I wasn't alone.

€24.99? No thanks. It's been on sale for cheaper elsewhere, hasn't it?

Day one: Survived so far. Feeling rather smug.

you've jinxed yourself now:pac:

i said the same thing last year then batman and GTA happened on the same day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Jernal wrote: »
    Right,
    Little Inferno is looking at me with those eyes. Can't say no to that can I?

And that's officially number one of this sale.
    You already own Little Inferno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i attempted to buy hotline miami and got to the checkout page before i realised i already owned it :o

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Picked up the DLC I didn't already have for Borderlands 2 during its community sake and Hotline Miami.

Nothing else so far that's caught my eye. Maybe Call of Juarz Gunslinger if it drops more in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Azza wrote: »
    Picked up the DLC I didn't already have for Borderlands 2 during its community sake and Hotline Miami.

Nothing else so far that's caught my eye. Maybe Call of Juarz Gunslinger if it drops more in price.

It won't. Daily is as low as it'll go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »
    As an aside, Don't Starve is a daily deal. It's at 40%. Anybody think it will drop more? I was really expecting atleast 50%. Its still relatively new but it's an indie game. Should I just pull the trigger?

Screw it. I bought it. I'm weak. :P It looks like quirky good fun though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,173 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think for a lot of these sale items I'm going to have to keep checking my PS Plus to see if I got the games through that or not.
    I was sure I owned Braid but got mixed up with Bastion so be looking out for Braid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I see where Dark Souls went to 75% off after I bought it at 50%. BAH!

But FTL is one of the best games ever!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overheal wrote: »
    I see where Dark Souls went to 75% off after I bought it at 50%. BAH!

Is is really that good, worth the 4 euro?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overheal wrote: »

It's a fantastic game, and there are some great mods for it once you've played through it a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Azza wrote: »
    Picked up the DLC I didn't already have for Borderlands 2 during its community sale.

Did the same myself and also picked up Bastion for €2.09 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Quick Question for people does anyone here buy them stupid steam trading cards ?

As I have made over €1.50 off hotline miami so far for selling 3 trading cards LoL so basically a free game as it only cost me €2.11 LoL

People online will buy anything LoL a digital card with no valve LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Xenji wrote: »
    Is is really that good, worth the 4 euro?

FTL is easily worth €10-15, you should feel guilty for picking up such a gem for so little.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sarky wrote: »
    FTL is easily worth €10-15, you should feel guilty for picking up such a gem for so little.

My poor bank account, shall get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

How good is the soundtrack? Worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

FTL is amazing. If you ever wanted to live be a captain of something resembling Starfleet then it's your game. If you ever wanted to play a damn good addictive game. Then it's also your game.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Is it worth getting Dark Souls on the PC without a Console controller? Played about half way through on the PS3 but other commitments got in the way and never finished it. Really love to get back into it but not if it is crap with the mouse and keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Is it worth getting Dark Souls on the PC without a Console controller? Played about half way through on the PS3 but other commitments got in the way and never finished it. Really love to get back into it but not if it is crap with the mouse and keyboard.

Wait for it to come back down to 75% off (it was only 7.49 last night!). However, on the Steam Store page for Dark Souls it says 'A controller is strongly recommended'. I am sure you can get away with the keyboard and mouse, but I heard this is a very bad console port so emulating a console as much as possible might eliminate any unwanted frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Quick Question for people does anyone here buy them stupid steam trading cards ?

As I have made over €1.50 off hotline miami so far for selling 3 trading cards LoL so basically a free game as it only cost me €2.11 LoL

People online will buy anything LoL a digital card with no valve LoL

Card make badges, which increase your Steam Lvl. AFAIK, the higher your level, the better discounts that are awarded.

EDIT: Coupons, for %off or free DLC, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Falthyron wrote: »
    Wait for it to come back down to 75% off (it was only 7.49 last night!). However, on the Steam Store page for Dark Souls it says 'A controller is strongly recommended'. I am sure you can get away with the keyboard and mouse, but I heard this is a very back console port so emulating a console as much as possible might eliminate any unwanted frustration.

My experience has been playing games that have "A controller is strongly recommended" with a mouse and keyboard has been one of pain and annoyance. So I bought a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I got Half Life complete when it was at 9.50 or so, and just now got FTL. I'm looking at getting Thomas Was Alone and Thief complete later. I have Thief 1 and 2 around somewhere on disc, but not sure where, handy to just get 'em on Steam.

Card make badges, which increase your Steam Lvl. AFAIK, the higher your level, the better discounts that are awarded.

EDIT: Coupons, for %off or free DLC, actually.

No, Steam level only gives you a bigger friends list and other fluff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why are people buying games not on Flash or Daily deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭_Puma_

nesf wrote: »
    My experience has been playing games that have "A controller is strongly recommended" with a mouse and keyboard has been one of pain and annoyance. So I bought a controller.

Ya that is what I'm afraid of, especially with Dark Souls, where any false move is fatal. Guess I might just stump up for a controller now too! Damn you Steam Sale!!

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Ya that is what I'm afraid of, especially with Dark Souls, where any false move is fatal. Guess I might just stump up for a controller now too! Damn you Steam Sale!!

A controller is worth it imho, it makes quite a few console ports rather good instead of frustrating. Quite a few platformer style games are far more enjoyable with a controller for instance. Plus they're not particularly expensive things.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Speaking of this very problem; does anyone know where I can get an XBox 360 Wireless controller receiver for the PC in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin?

titan18 wrote: »
    Why are people buying games not on Flash or Daily deals?

I picked up Fallen Enchantress' expandalone because it's unlikely to go for less than 66% as its fairly new and was quite popular in the TBS genre and it appears to be a misprice as it's 25% off on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I picked up Fallen Enchantress' expandalone because it's unlikely to go for less than 66% as its fairly new and was quite popular in the TBS genre and it appears to be a misprice as it's 25% off on the list.

I've seen a good few games mentioned that have been bought, and FTL being mentioned a while ago made no sense to me. That's a game that has a very good shot of being on a daily or flash deal. Obviously, other games aren't (as much as I hope I don't expect The Old Gods or Walking Dead: 400 days to go on sale for example).

Even if you don't expect it to, the price won't go up so might as well wait a week just to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Got Civ 5 on mac for 9.99. Thanks to everyone who said to wait!

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    I've seen a good few games mentioned that have been bought, and FTL being mentioned a while ago made no sense to me. That's a game that has a very good shot of being on a daily or flash deal. Obviously, other games aren't (as much as I hope I don't expect The Old Gods or Walking Dead: 400 days to go on sale for example).

Even if you don't expect it to, the price won't go up so might as well wait a week just to see.

Yeah I agree, FTL could easily be a flash sale or daily deal. The Walking Dead DLC won't be but we might see a package deal on it. But yeah, other than obvious misprices or something that I'm curious about (Stronghold 3, not a good game but I'm curious how bad it is) is already 75% off and is really unlikely to go any lower than that I think because there would be a lot of bitching if the game went up as a daily/flash because it's hated in the community. :D

Advertisement