Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ok first buy FTL. Sold some cards on steam for 1.14, so it was only 1.35, sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Just noticed the complete GTA bundle isnt on sale. only 50 euro unless you buy them all separately. Gonna wait and see is it drops in price.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/28987/

Tempted by a few more games today than yesterday. Darksiders 2 would be nice but it doesnt meet my 5 euro or less per game and I have enough games to keep me going until next sale. JC2 and FTL will probably be my first hit this year

Is the DLC or guide for JC2 worth it? The guide probably isnt but then in such a game it might be handy

#I might add legends of grimrock to the list. Yesterday there was nothing and now today i want too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Voted Shogun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Tinie wrote: »
    Got in on a 4 pack for chivalry with a group of americans... €3.70 for it! Bargain!

Where are you sourcing your Americans?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I see some of the TF2 keys are going for €1.35~ regularly now, but going fast. Some cheap games can be got with them if you trade with russians. For example I saw on steam trades, one russian guy looking for 2 keys for scribblenauts. Works out a lot cheaper in the long run if I buy a lot, so might start doing that now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Monotype wrote: »
    Where are you sourcing your Americans?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307615-steam-group-buy-and-gift-requests-thread-v2/page-375

Thats the site I use for group buys. they fill up quick though, so you need to be quick off the mark to get in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

I've lost all control :cool:

So far I've gotten:
    GTA IV complete edition
    FTL
    Civ5 gold edition
    Walking Dead
    Surgeon Sim

God help me and my wallet for the rest of the sales..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭Nollog

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If anyone wants toki tori 2, I got 2 10% off coupons that look like they apply on top of the aily deal price for an extra 92 cent off, making it I think 9 euroish.
    send me a pm or something if you want one

Furthermore, I've two copies of the torchlight 2 card, if someone wants to trade a different card for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It won't let me buy Anno. :(

What do you guys want the community choice to be? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just noticed I have two guest passes for Killing Floor if anyone wants them. They're good until July 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thegame983

Digy123 wrote: »
    Voted Shogun :)

Sweet. Amazing games

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,314 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jernal wrote: »

It wouldn't ley me buy FTL, so I tried buying it as a gift and sent it to myself by e-mail. The transaction went throough but no sign of the e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jernal wrote: »

Same problem with XCOM. I got the trading card for buying the game but not the game, wtf.

Edit : Hang on, it's in my library and I can download it despite it saying it didn't go through. Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just picked up 2 x Just Cause 2 + dlc , 1 x Blood Dragon , 1 x FTL and 1 x surgeon simulator.

Took about five attempts but got them to take my money in the end :D

Lol. I know XCOMM is on the flash sale and I got 48 hrs for ANNO's DLC but it's ANNO I want now. :o

Same problem with XCOM. I got the trading card for buying the game but not the game, wtf.

Edit : Hang on, it's in my library and I can download it despite it saying it didn't go through. Weird.

On a Whim I checked my library too! Happy DAYS!!!:D:D:D
    (Just hope I don't get quadrupled charged now.:o)

Damages so Far:

Eurotruck Simulator 2
    Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition.
    Civ V : Gold.
    Anno 2070 All DLC.
    XCOM

Total :€46.19

Targets Remaining.
    Rayman Origins.
    Monaco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

So far I've picked up:

Fez $4.99
    FTL $2.49
    Bit Trip Runner 2 $7.49
    Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: $6.74

Hah! This is hilarious. All the while I spent frantically trying to buy Anno's DLC that kept supposedly failing I didn't notice what was actually downloading : The ANNO DLC!

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Chivalry MW looks fun. Anyone here have it, and if so is there a decent SP aspect to it or mainly aimed at MP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So far:

FTL, Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, X-Com, Football Manager 2013, Half Life Collection and Dragon Age.

Total is about €80.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Chivalry MW looks fun. Anyone here have it, and if so is there a decent SP aspect to it or mainly aimed at MP?

MP only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Hey Guys,
    I've a recent pretty high spec mac book pro and I haven't played a FPS in years.
    If I was to attempt to give the genre another go and wanted something that would showcase the power of my shiny new laptop, would I be better getting Far Cry 3 or Bioshock Infinite?
    I know it's subjective, but I'd value any opinions.

Gbear wrote: »
    So far:

FTL, Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, X-Com, Football Manager 2013, Half Life Collection and Dragon Age.

Total is about €80.:o

I'm going to bet imaginary money that you'll play nothing other than FTL for a month if you start FTL first. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Just picked up Fez for a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey Guys,
    I've a recent pretty high spec mac book pro and I haven't played a FPS in years.
    If I was to attempt to give the genre another go and wanted something that would showcase the power of my shiny new laptop, would I be better getting Far Cry 3 or Bioshock Infinite?

You'll have to post your GPU, Macbook Pros tend to not actually have that good of a GPU in them despite the cost. Everything else hardware wise tends to be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

nesf wrote: »
    You'll have to post your GPU, Macbook Pros tend to not actually have that good of a GPU in them despite the cost. Everything else hardware wise tends to be pretty good.

OK, will post later.
    Kids are watching cartoons on Netflix on it at the moment and I'll have a revolt on my hands if I interrupt.

But assuming the GPU is good (and it should be at the prices they charge), which would be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So far for me:
    Bioshock,
    Bioshock 2,
    Killing Floor,
    Saint's Row the Third,
    Just Cause 2 &
    GTA IV complete

for 22.55 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hey Guys,

Assuming your mac has a Gt650m GPU and 1080p screen, you'd struggle to run Far cry 3 at medium settings. Bioshock would fair better, you could possibly push high settings with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Hey Guys,

I believe Bioshock Infinite isn't released for the mac yet, sometime this year though;
    http://www.macrumors.com/2013/03/20/bioshock-infinite-to-be-released-for-mac-this-summer/

Maybe check out the Mac section and have a look at the top sellers;
    http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I find TBs videos good during these sales. He doesnt do the flash sales but they would probably be finished by the time the video is uploaded. Heres yesterdays and todays:

Advertisement